Can some of you US people post in the feedback thread?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Madsen
Pet Score:2729
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
Can some of you US people post in the feedback thread?

Post by Madsen » July 24th, 2013, 5:16 pm

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9499911372?page=3

The current feedback is garbage. Everyone is whining that it is too hard, while their armory shows they would barely be allowed to enter the tournament. Just look at the current last reply by Katamun. Is it a troll?

Anyway please give some positive feedback in that thread since the only feedback currently found is people wanting to stomp everything with whatever pet they blindly grab from their list.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Re: Can some of you US people post in the feedback thread?

Post by Azrile » July 24th, 2013, 5:48 pm

I was reading it and added input to that affect. Like when legendary pets got changed and everyone said they were now ´impossible´.

There are just too many fansites available for pve pet battles to ever be difficult (outside of RNG). If you are having difficulty, look it up and there is certain to be someone who dominates it. When I started, the thundering spirit was ´impossible´for me, then someone mentioned darkmoon rabbit.. and now it is one that I use to level up other pets in the 3rd slot.

No matter how easy or difficult these things start as, they will be easy after a week or two.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 24th, 2013, 6:30 pm

I think players who may not have a substantial collection still have valid concerns. I'm sure Blizzard doesn't mind hearing about all types of player experiences. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Mizix
Top Rater
Pet Score:7887
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Mizix » July 24th, 2013, 6:39 pm

It's kinda annoying that there isn't an EU feedback thread yet... I spent a couple of hours playing around in the tournament and I would like to share my views :(

So far, I love the whole idea, it really feels like "end game" pet battle, which is great! Not being able to use revive and bandages is a good thing because it encourages the use of different teams and pets, instead of a cookie cutter build. It can be tricky, but there are ways around it (like using some healing spell and then forfeit the battle).

The first phase is not too hard, it takes some time and tries to get a working strategy (given the pets I have on the PTR, lacking some of my favourites and I tried not to use those I don't have on live). Overall, I'd say it is already nicely balanced to go live.

The second phase, I personally hit a wall there, but I haven't given it too many tries yet (mostly, half my stable was dead when I got there the first time, still have to go again). One thing 'tho, it really feels like moving from 5-man dungeons straight to 25 heroic raiding from phase 1 to phase 2. The Celestials are legendary, stronger than the Fables, and we only have limited rare pets, I can't help to feel like I am supposed to kill Lei-Shen in blues >.< But it may just be the frustration talking here, eheheh. I really need to give it a decent go before making up my mind.

Anyway, I am loving the tournament! So happy that Blizz throws us a challenge every now and then =)

Azrile

Post by Azrile » July 24th, 2013, 11:52 pm

Quintessence wrote:I think players who may not have a substantial collection still have valid concerns. I'm sure Blizzard doesn't mind hearing about all types of player experiences. :)
The problem is that there has to be progression. It would be no fun if what they added in 5.4 was the same difficulty as what we have already. Since pets only go to 25, and we can only get to rare quality.. the ONLY avenue for progression is for players to be forced to have a larger stable of lvl 25 pets to choose from and to do what Blizzard is doing with the no heal thing. with the Fable quests and Spirit tamers.. there probably were people who could do everything with 10-15 lvl 25s.. well now we are progressing to where you need more than 25.. and the more ´gear´ you have, the better your chances of success. It is the only way Blizzard could really increase the difficulty.

About a month ago, i posted on MMO-Champion about this very thing. I knew ´progression´ in 5.4 would in some way be related to the variety of 25s we had available. Think about the 25 pet minimum... it is the lowest number you can have to have any chance of success.. like if you do a raid and everyone has the minimum gear.. it is going to be a pain to win.

But the big thing people in that thread need to keep in mind is that you probably have another 4 weeks of PTR.. that is plenty of time to level more pets to 25.. and even better, within a week or two, I am betting there will be very good writeups about what pets to use, so you will know exactly which pets you need to level.

It is just silly for some of those people to be crying. Half of them admit that most of their pets didn´t even transfer, then they expect to beat new content on the first day with the minimum amount of random pets? Same people who were crying about how impossible the fable pets were after the change...and now most of us can kill them all by barely using our second pets.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » July 25th, 2013, 10:50 am

Azrile wrote:But the big thing people in that thread need to keep in mind is that you probably have another 4 weeks of PTR.. that is plenty of time to level more pets to 25.. and even better, within a week or two, I am betting there will be very good writeups about what pets to use, so you will know exactly which pets you need to level.

It is just silly for some of those people to be crying. Half of them admit that most of their pets didn´t even transfer, then they expect to beat new content on the first day with the minimum amount of random pets? Same people who were crying about how impossible the fable pets were after the change...and now most of us can kill them all by barely using our second pets.
I think its unfair of you to belittle other peoples complains, specialy when blizzard themself have asked for their feedback, not everyone thinks hard content is fun, that doesnt mean blizzard shouldnt come out with it, but people should still be allowed to comment on it.
If no one is complaining, blizzard wont have a chance to know that people dont think it fun, and im sure they are experienced enough to know that just because a lot of people dont like something, it doesnt mean it has to go.

Also you says there is a lot of info about what pets to use, but its silly if you need one specific pet to do certain stuff, and some trainers are unbeatable without that one pet, if there isnt a choice to be made, it takes the fun away from some people.

People should also have a choice to not check forums, and still have the possibility to defeate trainers, just going to a forum and copy a tactic isnt fun for a lot of people, me included. That doesnt mean you should be able to kill everything with whatever, but there should be more than one choice of what to do, so even if you dont find the strongest tactic on your own, its still possible to complete it.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » July 25th, 2013, 11:04 am

Domie wrote:
Azrile wrote:But the big thing people in that thread need to keep in mind is that you probably have another 4 weeks of PTR.. that is plenty of time to level more pets to 25.. and even better, within a week or two, I am betting there will be very good writeups about what pets to use, so you will know exactly which pets you need to level.

I think its unfair of you to belittle other peoples complains, specialy when blizzard themself have asked for their feedback, not everyone thinks hard content is fun, that doesnt mean blizzard shouldnt come out with it, but people should still be allowed to comment on it.
If no one is complaining, blizzard wont have a chance to know that people dont think it fun, and im sure they are experienced enough to know that just because a lot of people dont like something, it doesnt mean it has to go.

Also you says there is a lot of info about what pets to use, but its silly if you need one specific pet to do certain stuff, and some trainers are unbeatable without that one pet, if there isnt a choice to be made, it takes the fun away from some people.

People should also have a choice to not check forums, and still have the possibility to defeate trainers, just going to a forum and copy a tactic isnt fun for a lot of people, me included. That doesnt mean you should be able to kill everything with whatever, but there should be more than one choice of what to do, so even if you dont find the strongest tactic on your own, its still possible to complete it.

Sounds like you are asking for an LFR version of the tournament, honestly.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 25th, 2013, 6:22 pm

Very true. We have some really dedicated collectors/battlers who will do extensive research and testing for everyone. I have no doubt that we'll eventually hear about solid/efficient teams for each battle.

That being said, I still think Blizzard should hear any constructive feedback, even if it's from a player who may not be a vet or have a large collection to work with. A few reports of bad experiences posted on one forum thread won't change Blizzard's mind, but at least they will have a general idea of the different experiences players have. The game is so diverse and everyone does things a little differently, it would be inconsiderate if Blizzard tunnel visioned on only one type of player feedback.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » July 25th, 2013, 7:52 pm

You don't need to "check forums" to have the possibility of defeating any of these. Trial and error is certainly a very viable method, that I'm sure many people go with (was how I beat the tournament tamers on the PTR with the meager pets I was given instead of my normal collection). But its supposed to be difficult so you'll have to try different things (or look up/seek advice), and there will probably be pets that are better at doing this than others. No matter how difficult it is though, I'm guessing that there won't be one single way to defeat these tamers. What I find interesting about threads where I see people asking for advice on certain tamers or beasts is the variety of answers that they get (which are all viable). With hundreds of pets, there will surely be different paths to victory, despite the difficulty.

Anyway, as to the event itself, I liked it, though not having my normal collection was frustrating. I didn't get to try the Wrathion/Chen/Taran Zhu set up, but I did get to try Wise Mari/Blingtron/Kiryn. I think its going to be tough if you are only at the 15 lvl 25's that they are making the tournament available at -- not sure why they lowered it from 30. But it'll be a nice challenge. Plus, the pets are adorable! Seems a good way to finish off our pet battle quests in Pandaria.

Azrile

Post by Azrile » July 25th, 2013, 8:24 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Very true. We have some really dedicated collectors/battlers who will do extensive research and testing for everyone. I have no doubt that we'll eventually hear about solid/efficient teams for each battle.

That being said, I still think Blizzard should hear any constructive feedback, even if it's from a player who may not be a vet or have a large collection to work with. A few reports of bad experiences posted on one forum thread won't change Blizzard's mind, but at least they will have a general idea of the different experiences players have. The game is so diverse and everyone does things a little differently, it would be inconsiderate if Blizzard tunnel visioned on only one type of player feedback.
Yeah, I agree completely. The main point I am saying is the people should stop saying ´these fights are impossible´ ´over-tuned´.. and using such drastic wording and then at the end, mentioning they only had 30 random pet available to choose from and they only tried for an hour or two. A lot of the pve pet battles are like a lock-and-key.. once you find pets to use with the right abilities.. the entire battle become faceroll. The people on that thread are just way too dramatic and using way too strong of language given the resources they have to test and the time they spent testing.

Not to make comparisions.. but it would be like if they were testing SoO, and gave you premade characters with blue gear. The feedback is pretty much useless ... and I think very few testers would start threads saying ´SoO is overtuned and impossible´.. they would simply realize that they need to wait for the PTR to give them the proper gear(pets) to accurately test the content.

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » July 25th, 2013, 9:52 pm

I double posted for some reason, sorry :<
Last edited by Domie on July 25th, 2013, 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » July 25th, 2013, 10:05 pm

Luciandk wrote:Sounds like you are asking for an LFR version of the tournament, honestly.
Can you please try to understand my post before you reply to it, cause you clearly didnt.

Im not asking for anything, im just saying you should respect that some people want something else than yourself, i havnt tried it, so i cant tell if it should be harder or not, but as i said, if people think its to hard, they have right to say so, specialy when they are asked their opinion, but again as i said, just because someone says its hard, doesnt mean that blizzard has to make it easier, blizzard employies, believe it or not, arent idiots.
Gilneas wrote:You don't need to "check forums" to have the possibility of defeating any of these. Trial and error is certainly a very viable method, that I'm sure many people go with (was how I beat the tournament tamers on the PTR with the meager pets I was given instead of my normal collection). But its supposed to be difficult so you'll have to try different things (or look up/seek advice), and there will probably be pets that are better at doing this than others. No matter how difficult it is though, I'm guessing that there won't be one single way to defeat these tamers. What I find interesting about threads where I see people asking for advice on certain tamers or beasts is the variety of answers that they get (which are all viable). With hundreds of pets, there will surely be different paths to victory, despite the difficulty.
Someone said there was lots of forums out there to seek help, so therefore it could be harder, my point was that it shouldnt get so hard that youll have to check forums if your not extremly skilled, or whatever you want to call it, in pet battling, to be able to defeat the trainers at all.
I dont think its that hard now, even close to it, or ever will be, and for what i remember i didnt seek help to defeat any of the current trainers, but my point is that you cant just say "people can check forums", and use that as an excuse to make it as hard as you want.

Azrile

Post by Azrile » July 26th, 2013, 2:13 am

I think if you read what the OP wrote, and if you followed most of us.. we are mostly just wanting ´other´ people to go post in that thread to counter the comments that we ( I ) feel aren´t really appropriate feedback. People with 30 random pets, who spent 2 hours on PTR should not be saying ´this is impossible´... for something that will be the End-game for pet battles for the next 6 months. Yes, they have every right to post, but they shouldn´t be. You only have to go back to the changes to Fable pets to realize how quickly something goes from ´impossible´.. to ´no challenge at all´. The people posting have very short memories.