Cancelling tamer quests an exploit?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us
Cancelling tamer quests an exploit?

Post by Azrile » July 24th, 2013, 2:27 pm

Usually they say that if you need to ask the question, then it is an exploit. But here goes.

What do you think? You complete a battle against a Panda tamer, then cancel the quest, switch out a pet, and do it again with a different pet. There are a few tamers in Pandaran where I currently use a lvl 10 pet.. but I never thought of cancelling and doing it multiple times in the same day.

Ruststorm
Top Rater
Pet Score:5021
Realm:Nagrand-eu

Re: Cancelling tamer quests an exploit?

Post by Ruststorm » July 24th, 2013, 2:28 pm

Once you've completed the quest, you can't abandon it anymore... I accidently completed one today without using my boosting pet... wanted to do it over, but couldn't :)

Azrile

Post by Azrile » July 24th, 2013, 2:31 pm

No, you abandoned the quest after you finish the fight, but before you turn in the quest.

Edit - Nevermind. You are correct... I just tried it in game.. and just ´completing´the quest makes it so you can´t abandon it.
Last edited by Azrile on July 24th, 2013, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ruststorm
Top Rater

Post by Ruststorm » July 24th, 2013, 2:34 pm

Azrile wrote:No, you abandoned the quest after you finish the fight, but before you turn in the quest.
"completed" and not yet turned in is what i meant :)

Azrile

Post by Azrile » July 24th, 2013, 2:37 pm

Ruststorm wrote:
Azrile wrote:No, you abandoned the quest after you finish the fight, but before you turn in the quest.
Yep, you are correct. The devs are smarter than me....

Ruststorm
Top Rater

Post by Ruststorm » July 24th, 2013, 2:53 pm

Azrile wrote:
Ruststorm wrote:
Yep, you are correct. The devs are smarter than me....
Haha, shit happens dude ;)

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » July 24th, 2013, 3:45 pm

Apparently, you were able to do that when pet battling first came out but they closed that pretty quickly. Unfortunately, I was too busy gearing up and questing to take advantage of that myself. If it was still open, I would have every pet at level 25 just doing Valley's tamer over and over again for a day.

Dash
BattleTag®:mab#2803

Post by Dash » July 24th, 2013, 10:20 pm

Yes, that "clever use of mechanics" went on for a little while and as usual, it was fun while it lasted, then got fixed.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » July 25th, 2013, 2:56 am

You can't get credit for a quest in a raid group. I was able to get pet XP twice from Aki when I accepted an LFR invite the same second as I won the fight. I had to redo it after the LFR because the quest wasn't completed, but the carry pet got XP for both fights.

So, yes, I think you should be able to fight a trainer multiple times while in a raid group. But I haven't tried it as I think the reward from a trainer without the bag (just pet XP) is not worth my time.
Last edited by Kring on July 25th, 2013, 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dash
BattleTag®:mab#2803

Post by Dash » July 25th, 2013, 5:02 am

Kring wrote:You can't get credit for a quest in a raid group. I was able to get pet XP twice from Aki when I accepted an LFR invite the same second as I won the fight. I had to redo it after the LFR because the quests wasn't completed, but the carry pet got XP for both fights.

So, yes, I think you should be able to fight a trainer multiple times while in a raid group. But I haven't tried it as I think the reward from a trainer without the bag (just pet XP) is not worth my time.
I may or may not have noted that in a corner of my head for possible future use.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » July 25th, 2013, 9:13 am

Kring wrote:You can't get credit for a quest in a raid group. I was able to get pet XP twice from Aki when I accepted an LFR invite the same second as I won the fight. I had to redo it after the LFR because the quest wasn't completed, but the carry pet got XP for both fights.

I've had that happen but only when the fight was over the second I was put into LFR. If I'm just waiting in a raid group before a normal raid, I have no problem doing tamers, so pretty sure you get credit in a raid group. Its just buggy when a queue pulls you out of a battle right at the last second.

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » July 26th, 2013, 9:08 am

Gilneas wrote:I've had that happen but only when the fight was over the second I was put into LFR. If I'm just waiting in a raid group before a normal raid, I have no problem doing tamers, so pretty sure you get credit in a raid group. Its just buggy when a queue pulls you out of a battle right at the last second.
Yes, I've experienced the same with pet battle queue and BG queue.