Nishi

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Abyl1
Pet Score:4019
Realm:Llane-us
Nishi

Post by Abyl1 » July 24th, 2013, 10:48 am

I'm sure everyone knows Nishi is not the hardest tamer. I had been using one leveling pet and 2 snails to beat them, but yesterday changed it up and decided to use 2 leveling pets and a Harbinger of Flame. Just used the Magma Wave to kill the back pets, the humanoid regen kept the harbinger near full through the sunny day the sunflower cast. Not a fast fight, but made an easy fight easier!

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Re: Nishi

Post by Ravnhawk » July 24th, 2013, 12:17 pm

I use 2 rare level 25 Dancing Water Skimmers. And a level 5 pet to get the xp. I pretty much only use pump. I switch the leveling pet in when the Turnip has all his little friends out to play. Then back to my Skimmer. I may end up using both Skimmers depending on RNG or if I don't heal but the fight is really fast. - My Dancing Water Skimmers are named Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » July 24th, 2013, 1:15 pm

Emperor crab is able to solo him almost all the time, im pretty sure it will only fail if i fuck up, or if i get critted :)
The emperor crab is also nice to use here, since it dishes out a ton of damage while being hard to kill.

I use Snap, Renew and Whirlpool, just damage the first pet to death without healing, then when the turnip comes out go renew, whirlpool, renew, and start snaping him to death, maybe refresh renew if you get some misses, and on the last one make sure renew is up on all rounds, he will go under ground turn 2, so make sure to either cast renew or whirlpool on that turn.
As i remember it, this should get him pretty much every time :)

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » July 25th, 2013, 2:13 am

Nishi is a pushover, that's true :-)

I use 2 levelling pets and a sea pony. Can change the weather to rain, increasing aquatic damage and heal the damage to the backrow pets, tidal wave down the enemy backrow and pump to finish off the flower. Not the fastest, but absolutely 100% safe. If you get too many crits in a row, you may need to pass a round or 2, to avoid killing the flower too soon.

Anana
Pet Score:2107
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Anana » July 25th, 2013, 9:45 am

The Emperor Crab's Surge is strong against elementals, which both the flower and the turnip are.
You pretty much have to fall asleep to get a crab killed in this fight.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » July 25th, 2013, 10:54 am

Anana wrote:The Emperor Crab's Surge is strong against elementals, which both the flower and the turnip are.
You pretty much have to fall asleep to get a crab killed in this fight.
I dont like using Surge on that fight, it is strong against 2 of his pet, but it still only does like 10 more damage on them, and only 5% better hit chance, so its not even sure to save you a hit, and it makes the last pet die so much slower :)

Violetfemme
Top Rater
Pet Score:4120
BattleTag®:Violet#1301
Realm:Aegwynn-us

Post by Violetfemme » July 25th, 2013, 11:03 am

I use a low level pet to start the first round (level 4 and up), then switch in my Eternal Strider (P/S) and use pump until the sunflower is dead. Then use water jet before the sons of the root come up. Then healing wave, 1st pump, and sons of the root fade leaving me to do 2nd pump which almost kills the Turnip. Then l prep to take down Brood by 1st pump, heal, water jet x2 on turnip. Usually Turnip is dead at this point and I am set up with full health and ready to do the 2nd pump as my first move with Brood. Then I do another 1st pump as he burrows, 2nd pump when he re-emerges. As long as he doesn't crit (and I don't miss), I can usually finish him off with 1 or 2 water jets. I always have a mechanical pet on standby just in case too many things of mine miss or the Brood crits too much, but I almost never need it - maybe once a week of doing the daily every day. I could probably drop the mechanical and bring 2 low level pets to the first 2 rounds and continue with my normal strategy for 2 low pets leveled at once. I'll have to try that today and see how it goes!

In any case, I love this fight with my strider!

BTW, it seems that I get the most XP per fight with my level 12-16 pets (5k-7k depending on safari hat and food buffs)

Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Post by Papazol » July 26th, 2013, 8:53 am

you are able to lvl 1st lvl pets on Nishi if thy are:
- critter (elem atacks make less dmg)
- magic (cant be killed by one hit)
- mechanical (ressurect after 1st atack)
After I find another critter battlstone I use it such way:
1 round. lvl 1 pet,
2 r. swap on Dansing water skimmer,
3 r. Pump charge
4 r. Rain
5-7(8) r. 3 or 4 Water Jets
flower dies
8(9) r. Pump reliase
9(10) r. Pump charge
10 (11) r. Rain
11 (12-13)r. 1 or 2 Water Jets
trump dies
12 (14)r. Pump reliase
13 (15)r. swap on Tranquil mechanical yeti
14 (16)r. Ion cannon
gg and your 1st lvl critter jumps up to 14 lvl with hat and dual buff.

Violetfemme
Top Rater
Pet Score:4120
BattleTag®:Violet#1301
Realm:Aegwynn-us

Post by Violetfemme » July 31st, 2013, 10:17 pm

I just tried the Harbinger today and it works beautifully. I think it was even a faster fight than my Eternal Strider (or at least equal length with less danger of having my main pet dying). Thanks for the tip!