unattackable my butt got attacked anyway

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Colar
Pet Score:3979
Realm:Emerald Dream-us
unattackable my butt got attacked anyway

Post by Colar » July 21st, 2013, 10:14 am

I used "Sons of the Root" on my terrible turnip, which should have made it unattackable during that 2 rounds. I was fighting against golden civet kitten, who went underground using Dive and did damage to my turnip.

The log showed the dive worked on my turnip before sons of the root faded so the wild pet must have cheated. :(

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: unattackable my butt got attacked anyway

Post by Peanutty » July 21st, 2013, 1:26 pm

Tooltips are often wrong in terms of how the game actually works.

Yes, moves like Dive/Burrow can hit against a target that has also Dived/Burrowed/Submerged. I don't know how the game flags those moves but it almost seems like, if they're submerged they're all on the same underground field and so they can hit one another?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » July 21st, 2013, 2:50 pm

Anything on the same level on a battlefield can only be affected by opposing pets on the same level. OR if they have an ability that explicitly allows it. Such as quake which is capable of hitting underground pets.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » July 22nd, 2013, 9:40 pm

Peanutty wrote:Yes, moves like Dive/Burrow can hit against a target that has also Dived/Burrowed/Submerged.
Similarly, a pet that uses Lift-Off can be hit by another pet that has used Lift-Off. I understand the desire for short, concise tooltips, but it would be nice if these abilities had the same text that Quake has, saying that they can hit pets on the same "level."

Violetfemme
Top Rater
Pet Score:4120
BattleTag®:Violet#1301
Realm:Aegwynn-us

Post by Violetfemme » July 23rd, 2013, 6:03 am

I have had this happen on the Thundering Spirit battle when both my Cottontail and his Darnak (I think that's the mouse creature's name) go underground and his finishes the attack first. I also still have had the same situation and had the luck of his attack missing. At first I thought it must have been an error, but when it started happening a few times, I decided that the tool tip was wrong. I can't remember ever having an air attack hit while my pet was also in the air. I'll have to keep an eye on that.

Dash
BattleTag®:mab#2803

Post by Dash » July 23rd, 2013, 11:00 am

Pretty sure whatever dot you already had on you will still apply also even if you're submerged / use lift-off.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » July 23rd, 2013, 4:34 pm

Yes dots still tick on a target that's up in the air or submerged, though a new one can't be applied. I love dotting up Aki's 3rd pet, the otter, when it has Survival up and then watching it die right after during a Dive.