Quickest way to get these 3 allied pets?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Colar
Pet Score:3979
Realm:Emerald Dream-us
Quickest way to get these 3 allied pets?

Post by Colar » July 22nd, 2013, 10:09 pm

Argent Squire
Guild Page Alliance
Guild Herald Alliance

without faction change? The highest ally I had only got to level 12 just to get a worgen pet plus balloons.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Re: Quickest way to get these 3 allied pets?

Post by NathKnave » July 22nd, 2013, 10:42 pm

For the Argent Squire, you have to become a champion for each of the Alliance cities in the Argent Tournament. You can only start this at level 77, then it takes I think a month or more of dailies. The hardest part about this is might be getting exalted with each city. You can either do a lot of quests in Azeroth or throw on tabards and grind through dungeons. If you've never played as Alliance, I would suggest doing some quests, mostly Westfall, Redridge, and Southern Barrens, those have some good stories with them.

The Guild Page and Guild Herald can only be purchased by a character in a guild that has unlocked certain guild achievements, Horde Slayer (get an honorable kill on a level 85+ of each Horde class and race) for the Page and Profit Sharing (loot 100,000 gold from creatures) for the Herald. You also need to have certain reputation with the guild to purchase each pet, honored for the Page and revered for the Herald.

Actually, even with a faction change you'll have to grind. A faction change resets all progress with the Argent Tournament, which would make you start over from the beginning. Then you'd also have to work on getting reputation with a guild in order to purchase the guild pets. I suppose if you already had the Horde versions of all three pets, then faction changed, they would all convert to the Alliance versions.

Without a faction change, you're looking at a grind no matter what. I would suggest starting by rolling a Death Knight and joining a guild that has the two guild pets unlocked. Finding the right guild shouldn't be too tough, any guild that's been around for awhile should have them available, they don't take any special effort (maybe Horde Slayer does). Leveling up to 77 and doing the Argent Tournament grind should be more than enough reputation to get both of the guild pets.

Edit: Forgot the requirement to be exalted with each Alliance city to champion them (doh!).

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245

Post by Gwenolyn » July 22nd, 2013, 11:08 pm

I think to get the squire, you just need to be a champion for 1 faction. To upgrade with the bridle you have to rep grind.

So the hard part is lvling up to unlock tourney quests.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » July 23rd, 2013, 5:21 am

The squire is fairly easy if you get a DK to 80.. i think it takes about 7 days of dailies.

For the other two, just make a lvl 1 toon and wait for the 10,000 guild invites you will get. Check armory and make sure they have them both unlocked before joining that one. You may have to transfer some gold over using pets. It takes almost no time leveling to get the required rep.. probably about lvl 15 or so. Just remember to do quests quests quests.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » July 23rd, 2013, 6:44 am

I just got the Argent Gruntling last week. You can start the tourny dailies at level 77 and from there it takes 7 days total to get the pet. You do NOT have to champion all your factions races. It takes 3 days to do the introductory dailies to unlock your races main faction (pandarens are Orcs as far as the tourny is conserned) on the third day you can double dip so to speak and do the starting dailies and the next set of dailies in the same day.

There is 3 ways to get yourself a level 77+ ally toon. In order from easiest to hardest.

1) Do the RaF thing and get yourself a free level 80 toon of your choice (*TIP* - make a human for the +to rep racial).
2) Make a ally DK and grind up from level 55 to level 77.
3) Start a fresh toon (in your case use your level 12 toon) and grind up to 77.

When you start the toon make sure you join a guild with both pets already unlocked. With way #2 and #3 you will have the required guild rep done by the time you get your Squire to also be able to get both Guild Page and Herald (without any guild tabards). With way #1 and doing nothing but the Tourny dailies you will be close to Honored (with a human and guild tabard) so you will have to grind a bit more to get the rep for these pets. But with a human and the tabards it will not take long at all.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Nabulous
Pet Score:3000
Realm:Alonsus-eu

Post by Nabulous » July 23rd, 2013, 7:43 am

I've looked on a few people's pet collections and it shows them as having the alliance and the horde versions of the guild page and herald and the argent tournament squire horde and alliance version. How is this even possible? I have a horde and alliance characters and have both aides of pets but still doesn't show that I have them :s

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245

Post by Gwenolyn » July 23rd, 2013, 9:42 am

Nabulous wrote:I've looked on a few people's pet collections and it shows them as having the alliance and the horde versions of the guild page and herald and the argent tournament squire horde and alliance version. How is this even possible? I have a horde and alliance characters and have both aides of pets but still doesn't show that I have them :s
I see all 4 pages/heralds on your list, just not the Gruntling. Do you have the Gruntling? Maybe try logging on a toon with it, open the pet tab, log out, then update the collection here? If you don't have the Gruntling, then I think your list is correct.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469

Post by NathKnave » July 24th, 2013, 12:27 am

Nabulous wrote:I've looked on a few people's pet collections and it shows them as having the alliance and the horde versions of the guild page and herald and the argent tournament squire horde and alliance version. How is this even possible? I have a horde and alliance characters and have both aides of pets but still doesn't show that I have them :s
I believe the Armory, which is used to generate your collection here, tracks your pets a little differently than the Pet Journal does in-game. My main is Alliance, and I have both the Guild Page and Guild Herald, which I can access in-game. I also have leveled a Horde character and have gotten both pets, but I can't see them in the Pet Journal on my main. When I look up my main on the Armory and view my pets, it shows all four of them.

The Argent Gruntling does show in the Pet Journal in-game on my main, but I can't summon it. The same is true for my Horde Balloon and the Horde version of the Moonkin Hatchling.