Was there confirmation that there is an MMR?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us
Was there confirmation that there is an MMR?

Post by Azrile » July 22nd, 2013, 1:37 am

just curious if the devs have stated that there is a hidden MMR rating.

I ask this because my first few days I was wracking up 10ish wins for every loss, and at times ( no offense to anyone) I was fighting a lot of teams that had green quality pets and no synergy to their team. But the last few days, I have faced nothing but really good teams. I am still winning at a decent rate but I haven´t had a really pushover fight unless I got lucky with comp.

Please Blizz, I just want to get to my 250 wins.. I really don´t want to be in a high bracket!!

edit - embarrassing use of the wrong ´there´.
Last edited by Azrile on July 22nd, 2013, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Was their confirmation that there is an MMR?

Post by GilroyKilroy » July 22nd, 2013, 9:05 am

I noticed the quality of teams yesterday (Sunday) up from Saturday. I a few really good battles.

I did manage to get win 250 so other than the weekly 10 I will not be a regular PPvP'er any time soon.

Rakrath
Pet Score:8562
Realm:Blackrock-eu

Post by Rakrath » July 22nd, 2013, 10:53 am

hi@ll,

no proof, wheter by numbers or by knowledge.

But i am pretty sure, especially on "onhours", there must be some math-making system, except just random.

but how to proove it?

habe fun nevertheless ;)

Rakrath

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » July 22nd, 2013, 12:01 pm

Azrile wrote:Please Blizz, I just want to get to my 250 wins.. I really don´t want to be in a high bracket!!
So you think it would be fair just to let you be in a "low bracket" and faceroll over everyone? cause that doesnt sound very fun for the people that are meant to be there :)

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » July 22nd, 2013, 5:18 pm

Domie wrote:
Azrile wrote:Please Blizz, I just want to get to my 250 wins.. I really don´t want to be in a high bracket!!
So you think it would be fair just to let you be in a "low bracket" and faceroll over everyone? cause that doesnt sound very fun for the people that are meant to be there :)
I dunno. The thing is, there is no reward if you are in the high bracket. Arena, and most systems have tiered rewards based on your MMR... or at the very least it is shown for bragging rights ( I don´t want that). I am not even really complaining about it, I just asked if there was ever confirmation that it existed for pet battles. Unless it really gets worse, I am doing ok and will get to 250 wins shortly ( I just started about a week ago). The way MMRs work, you are usually going to always win 50% of your fights in the long run, since I am still well above that, I should be moving up.. if it exists at all. I am hoping for bad team soon just to prove it wrong.