Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us
Re: Pet Collectors Equality

Post by Jadax » July 19th, 2013, 5:06 pm

Some regions have pets that others don't.

I have a Lurky.

I would love a Zipao Tiger.

I can't get one.

I don't really care.

I'm over it.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » July 19th, 2013, 5:43 pm

I think if they removed unobtainable pets from your journal then you are less likely to "miss" them (the "outta sight, outta mind" principle.) Instead they are there mocking "nyah, nyah, nyah, you can't get me!" :evil:

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » July 19th, 2013, 7:29 pm

Jadax wrote:Some regions have pets that others don't.
Believe they said a while back that they'd like to do something about the region-specific pets, so things like this could ultimately be a reality.
if you own a Burning Crusade Collector’s Edition (Any region) you get Lurky as well.
Blizzard, get on implementing this one quick!!

Smokes
Pet Score:2626
BattleTag®:Smokes#1457
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Smokes » July 19th, 2013, 7:48 pm

I would at the very least appreciate an option to hide hide unobtainable regional pets from my in game pet journal. At least the CE ones I know that if I forked over the cash I could get them.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » July 19th, 2013, 7:56 pm

not sure if it is the default UI, or else one of my add-ons. but there is an easy option to hide all pets you do not currently own. that one makes me feel much better about myself!

It would be nice if they did the regional ones and made them available everywhere. But the collectors edition stuff.. meh.. that is a perk of paying the extra money.. I have one of the collectors edition pets, but I don´t want there to be an easy way for me to have the others or else it diminishes the whole point of collector´s editions in the future.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » July 19th, 2013, 8:02 pm

I have a Lurky.
I can't get one.
I don't really care.
I'm over it.
I dont understand why you open post like this, when you know you are only going to post something negative. Its not like its the first time.

Anyways on topic:
Terky ~~ simply make it a vendor pet.
I think one of the reasons they havnt done this, and the reason i think they shouldnt, is that its a murloc, i really like how there is this one group of pets that are "hard to get", and that you cant just obtain ingame. I hope it stays that way for the murlocs. even if most of them are people basicly just payed some money to get, seeing murloc pets is kind of special :)

But that aside, i hope there will be ways to obtain some of these pets for those of us that havnt been able to recieve them, and if it happens, that its something more interesting than just throwing money or gold after them :)

Jadax
Top Rater

Post by Jadax » July 19th, 2013, 10:22 pm

Domie wrote:
I have a Lurky.
I can't get one.
I don't really care.
I'm over it.
I dont understand why you open post like this, when you know you are only going to post something negative. Its not like its the first time.
It's not healthy for people to be surrounded only by opinions that mirror their own. Dissent is vital in a real discussion.
There is literally no point in complaining about other region pets. Making suggestions on how they could be reimplemented in other regions is only marginally more interesting, but still ultimately pointless.

Blizzard know people want them, and they know how they might implement them. Whether they will or not is unknowable.
So who cares?

Quil2
Pet Score:3642
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Quil2 » July 20th, 2013, 1:58 am

For those that say some regions have pets that others do not, I don't believe the US has any exclusive pets at this point. Given that other regions have all had various access to the murloc model beyond the original Murky, I'd be happy if they just offered a new US only murloc pet. ;)

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » July 20th, 2013, 3:47 am

I totally agree with the OP on this.

I've always thought that the region-specific pets were a little unfair. At least with missing CE/TCG pets I KNOW that if I were prepared to shell out the cash I could get it but with the regional pets there is no such hope.

It's a bit like Blizz saying "Oh, you live in the wrong country so tough luck".

Make them vendor pets like the Mountain Dew bot. Hell, even put them in the pet store. I'd happily buy them.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Jadax
Top Rater

Post by Jadax » July 20th, 2013, 8:18 am

Sindrii wrote:You are correct the US has not had any pet that was not obtainable by the same means or a different way. Mt Dews Promo pet which was US - Only became a Vendor pet for everyone to obtain, same as the Nether Whelp for EU once they corrected the problem (Which was the reason why they received the murloc instead) Of course an EU collecter will says is all boo-hoo but thats because they are on the positive side, while a lot of us are on the negative side scratching our heads.
I would say the same thing even if I was on US realms.
The fact that another region has access to pets that you do not, realistically, has zero impact on your play experience.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » July 20th, 2013, 10:29 am

Actually Jadax, I disagree with that. I love my unusual/cute pets far more that the 101 moths/frogs/cockroaches that I've caught in the wild and those region specific pets are awesome. It actually really bugs me that I don't have even the POSSIBILITY of getting them. Not because I don't have 2k real money lying about to buy them but because Blizz simply says "no".
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Quil2
Pet Score:3642
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Quil2 » July 20th, 2013, 12:03 pm

Jadax wrote:I would say the same thing even if I was on US realms.
That's easy to say when you have a Lurky and play in a region that gets to see the Murloc pet occasionally. ;)

Zyl
Top Rater
Pet Score:7916
Realm:Agamaggan-us

Post by Zyl » July 20th, 2013, 12:18 pm

Sindrii wrote:Jadax you still don't understand the whole point... You have Lurky AND the Nether Whelp, I have the same license for the BC Collector's Edition as you do, but since you are EU you receive 2 pets and since I'm US I receive 1 ?? We can clearly see in your collection that you have the Warbot, which was a US Only Promo pet, until Blizzard changed it to a vendor pet accessible by all regions. So its ok for you to keep your region only pets, but screw the US who had 1?
Snowflake wants to stay a snowflake.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » July 20th, 2013, 2:10 pm

Jadax wrote:It's not healthy for people to be surrounded only by opinions that mirror their own. Dissent is vital in a real discussion.
There is literally no point in complaining about other region pets. Making suggestions on how they could be reimplemented in other regions is only marginally more interesting, but still ultimately pointless.

Blizzard know people want them, and they know how they might implement them. Whether they will or not is unknowable.
So who cares?
But you were not adding anything to the discussion, you were basicly just saying you dont care about this topic, and then i dont see the point in posting here, i doubt anyone that doesnt know you, care that you dont care.

Its fine if you dont agree with the topic, and you are still welcome to post about it, but atleast bring something to the opposite point, saying you dont care about the discussion isnt adding to it.

Jadax
Top Rater

Post by Jadax » July 20th, 2013, 2:47 pm

Sindrii wrote:Jadax you still don't understand the whole point... You have Lurky AND the Nether Whelp, I have the same license for the BC Collector's Edition as you do, but since you are EU you receive 2 pets and since I'm US I receive 1 ?? We can clearly see in your collection that you have the Warbot, which was a US Only Promo pet, until Blizzard changed it to a vendor pet accessible by all regions. So its ok for you to keep your region only pets, but screw the US who had 1?
*sigh*
I don't mind if the US realms get the EU pets. They are different, separate realms. It doesn't affect me at all. I can't see people using the Asia-only pets, I couldn't see the people using the warbot before it was available in the EU. I'm not sure why you think that means I shouldn't acquire it when it does become available, though.

Nowhere have I said "screw the US". What a ridiculous thing to infer from my comments.

Please don't tell me that I don't understand your point. I understand it completely. My point is that you really should not care. Does it matter that other games get different rewards? Will it matter that the Asia realms get an exp buff?
Different realms are separate. Obviously. What happens in one does not affect the other.

You don't have a right to other regions' pets. Nor do you have a right to US-exclusive pets.
Zyl wrote:Snowflake wants to stay a snowflake.
A fine way to conveniently disregard what I'm saying, to be sure, but also a literal non-sequitur.
Domie wrote:But you were not adding anything to the discussion, you were basicly just saying you dont care about this topic, and then i dont see the point in posting here, i doubt anyone that doesnt know you, care that you dont care.

Its fine if you dont agree with the topic, and you are still welcome to post about it, but atleast bring something to the opposite point, saying you dont care about the discussion isnt adding to it.
What is this, if not a discussion?
I was not saying that I don't care about the topic, I was quite clearly saying that I don't care that other regions have pets that I don't.
Mehetabel wrote:Actually Jadax, I disagree with that. I love my unusual/cute pets far more that the 101 moths/frogs/cockroaches that I've caught in the wild and those region specific pets are awesome. It actually really bugs me that I don't have even the POSSIBILITY of getting them. Not because I don't have 2k real money lying about to buy them but because Blizz simply says "no".
You're in the EU, Mehe, so you have access to the only unique model promotional pet: Lurky.
All the Chinese pets we have had access to as reskins in some form or another, as has the US.
Quil2 wrote:That's easy to say when you have a Lurky and play in a region that gets to see the Murloc pet occasionally. ;)
It's also easy to say when you have a level head and some semblance of perspective. Please do not presume to patronise me.

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » July 20th, 2013, 4:00 pm

Personally, I think for the rare, regional ones, they should just put them up in the pet store for sale, charge 50 or 100 or whatever, and then rake in the cash. Chances are though, as membership drops, they'll probably do that.