Can you win a pet with a Mogu Rune of Fate Roll?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Can you win a pet with a Mogu Rune of Fate Roll?

Post by Guest » July 19th, 2013, 1:50 am

Has anyone won a pet in Throne of Thunder with their bonus coins? I've heard rumors of my friend's guildie cousin's dog-groomer sister has won one before, but was wondering has anyone posting on these boards won a pet using the bonus coin roll? Just wondering if I'm wasting my coins, because I no longer need loot in there pets are the only bosses I roll on. ~ K

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Re: Can you win a pet with a Mogu Rune of Fate Roll?

Post by Azrile » July 19th, 2013, 3:02 am

No, but they are adding it in 5.4 so where bonus rolls give you a chance to win the pet also.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » July 19th, 2013, 6:44 am

Koori wrote:I've heard rumors of my friend's guildie cousin's dog-groomer sister has won one before
I think I know her too, but I'm pretty sure she's lying.
Any Battle Pet that could be awarded from a Throne of Thunder boss on Raid Finder difficulty can now be won from a bonus roll, in addition to the standard bonus roll reward.
That's in the patch notes for 5.4 which caused some confusion when it first appeared. There was a lot of speculation about what it actually meant, as a lot of people (myself included) thought that you could already receive a pet with a bonus roll. Finally, I believe it was a tweet from Mumper that clarified that currently you cannot get a pet from a bonus roll, but you will be able to in 5.4.

Post by Guest » July 19th, 2013, 1:44 pm

Thank you so much, that sounds great. Guess I'll just hoard all my coins for now! ~ K

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » July 19th, 2013, 2:01 pm

Timeless Isle will rewards loads of Mogu Runes of Fate, so no need to hoard them. And they will likely bump the amount to 20 like elder charms.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » July 19th, 2013, 5:13 pm

Luciandk wrote:Timeless Isle will rewards loads of Mogu Runes of Fate, so no need to hoard them. And they will likely bump the amount to 20 like elder charms.
Loads? How do you figure that?

It costs, currently, 2500 TImeless Coins for one rune. That's not an insignificant amount of work to acquire each.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » July 19th, 2013, 7:31 pm

Jadax wrote:
Luciandk wrote:Timeless Isle will rewards loads of Mogu Runes of Fate, so no need to hoard them. And they will likely bump the amount to 20 like elder charms.
Loads? How do you figure that?

It costs, currently, 2500 TImeless Coins for one rune. That's not an insignificant amount of work to acquire each.
They may provide other ways to get them too. Just like its very easy to get the 5.0 elder charms on the Isle of Thunder. Would make sense.