Share pet collecting news and advice.
Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us
Question about digsites

Post by Saasan » July 10th, 2013, 1:51 pm

I am finally getting off my rear and going to farm the Crawling Claw, and I have it in my mind somehow that you could scramble digsites outside of Pandaria. The tooltip says Pandaria only, but the tooltip has been known to lie... Can anyone confirm for me that you cannot scramble digsites outside of Pandaria?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Question about digsites

Post by Luciandk » July 10th, 2013, 2:35 pm

Buy the Manthid Sonic Artifact Locator that forces manthid sites in pandaria. It has a side effect, scrambles digsites everywhere else when you cross a zoneborder.

Saasan
Top Rater

Post by Saasan » July 10th, 2013, 5:26 pm

hOH wow, thank you. You just saved me several hours!

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » July 11th, 2013, 7:32 am

Good luck, I've spent untold hours in Uldum and still no mount or pet :(

I refuse to buy from AH!

Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Post by Papazol » July 11th, 2013, 7:48 am

This is some kind of exploit. Every zone is xrealm and locate on another server. And every time Manthid Sonic Artifact Locator make new digsites. So every time you left location and return to it world map of digsites changes. This way you can dig only tolvir artifacts.

Chasmyr9922
Pet Score:2824
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Chasmyr9922 » July 11th, 2013, 10:40 am

I tried doing this myself. However the duration is only 30 minutes. If it lapsed I could still see the extra dig sites but could not interact with those.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » July 11th, 2013, 11:31 am

I got my Crawling Claw by just digging in Pandaria... then exchanging the boxed artifacts for Tolvir fragments. I tried digging in Kalimdor, but just got too frustrated since all the dig sites are on the same spawn table. I found it a LOT less stressful to do it this way.

I currently have 2 other characters that are doing the same, just not as steadily since I already have the Crawling Claw, and it is not as important as it was before I got it.

Saasan
Top Rater

Post by Saasan » July 11th, 2013, 12:21 pm

So does that mean if the time runs out while I'm working on a digsite in Uldum, my digsite will stay permanently messed up?? Or at least until I use another Mantid locator?

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » July 11th, 2013, 1:30 pm

Maizing wrote:I got my Crawling Claw by just digging in Pandaria... then exchanging the boxed artifacts for Tolvir fragments. I tried digging in Kalimdor, but just got too frustrated since all the dig sites are on the same spawn table. I found it a LOT less stressful to do it this way.

I currently have 2 other characters that are doing the same, just not as steadily since I already have the Crawling Claw, and it is not as important as it was before I got it.
This is how I got my Tolvir mount. I just need to bring myself to dig pandaria sites again for tolvir pieces to finally get the Crawling Claw.

Shmoooey
Pet Score:9294
BattleTag®:Shmooey#1554
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Shmoooey » July 11th, 2013, 5:53 pm

I've finally switched to just digging in Pandaria, the frustration is greatly reduced. As it is, though, over 300 Tolvir solves, no pet.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » July 11th, 2013, 6:27 pm

Shmoooey wrote:I've finally switched to just digging in Pandaria, the frustration is greatly reduced. As it is, though, over 300 Tolvir solves, no pet.
Just keep plugging in there. It took me several weeks before I finally got it. When I did, I didn't realize it at first.

Orhaine
Pet Score:2793
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Orhaine » July 12th, 2013, 4:20 am

Thanks for the tip about using Pandaria restored artifacts. You're going to hate me but I got the claw on my 4th solve. Now, I'm still trying to get Vial of Sands recipe too, so I'll probably get terrible luck on that one :/

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » July 12th, 2013, 10:47 am

I am also trying to use Pandaria digsites. Is there any way to get different sites to spawn without the Mantid scrambler (I do not want all Mantid sites)? All of the sites shown for me now are in spots were I get gang attacked by bugs, and I am repeatedly killed. The repair bills are getting nasty, and I am considering doing naked archeology and just corpse digging, so to speak. Any ideas are welcome.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » July 12th, 2013, 3:18 pm

Breehit wrote: All of the sites shown for me now are in spots were I get gang attacked by bugs, and I am repeatedly killed. .
Yep, same here. Digging in Pandaria can be pretty unforgiving. :(

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » July 12th, 2013, 3:58 pm

Manthid digging becomes a lot easier once youve geared up a bit. They barely tickle me at ilvl 536.

I got the Seat of Knowledge achievement finished before 5.2 launched, as I could see it would get exponentially harder to finish it with the addition of Manthids in the random spawn pool.

And 30 mins on the Mantid Sonic Artifact Locator? That cant be right, its always lasted 24 hours for me in duration.

Saasan
Top Rater

Post by Saasan » July 14th, 2013, 12:09 am

Luciandk wrote: And 30 mins on the Mantid Sonic Artifact Locator? That cant be right, its always lasted 24 hours for me in duration.
Definitely lasted more than 30 minutes for me.

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » July 14th, 2013, 10:44 am

Just a "heads up" for anyone wanting to use the Lorewalkers Map to scramble digsites: it is a ONE TIME use. This means that you will have to use up a crate to buy it every time you want to scramble sites, which is one fewer crate that you could use to get your Tol Vir fragments for the Crawling Claw. I tried it once, to get rid of the Feeding Pit digsite (where I died instantly). It worked, but Blizzard respawned the Feeding Pit in my digsites immediately afterward. Net result: no help. I am going to simply continue my Crawling Claw grind using only three digsites in Pandaria.