Share pet collecting news and advice.
Skyquake
MVP
Pet Score:4379
BattleTag®:Seamus#1218
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Red Cricket & Tillers Rep

Post by Skyquake » July 7th, 2013, 9:50 am

Are the two related, exactly? What if I just stuffed Sho's face with fish and apples and left Yon to scratch around on his miserable little patch alone?

Merrii
Top Rater
Pet Score:3494
Realm:Grizzly Hills-us

Re: Red Cricket & Tillers Rep

Post by Merrii » July 7th, 2013, 10:27 am

Yes. You need to be fully best friends with all and exalted with Tillers to get the red cricket. Feeding the tillers and gathering the dark soil is quickest way along with doing the questline to increase your farm plots. Planting and harvesting crops helps as well.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245

Post by Gwenolyn » July 7th, 2013, 11:07 am

It's been a while, but I think you just need to be best friends with Sho for the cricket. Once you are best fiends, she mails it to you.

I know you don't have to be best friends with everyone, not sure about exalted with Tillers tho. I don't think so.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » July 7th, 2013, 11:09 am

Think once you can give Sho rep items, all you need to do is grind rep with her.

Skyquake
MVP

Post by Skyquake » July 7th, 2013, 12:07 pm

Thanks, all. I'll just gorge Sho and see what happens- worst case, I can catch up on the rest later. Cheers!

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » July 8th, 2013, 4:05 am

Gwenolyn wrote:It's been a while, but I think you just need to be best friends with Sho for the cricket. Once you are best fiends, she mails it to you.
That's correct. I have my cricket but I'm not yet best friend with all of them.

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » July 9th, 2013, 1:04 am

I think that best friends with all and exalted gets you the other one, the Singing Cricket.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » July 9th, 2013, 1:56 am

If you don't learn the Red Cricket, you can trade it... but once it has been learned, it cannot be caged.

Which makes it kind of weird since you would think that a pet that cannot be caged would not be trade-able prior to being learned.

Edit: I have several alts that have gotten the Red Cricket already... I have taken to just deleting them since when i have posted them on the AH, they don't sell (and I don't really need any more of them).

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » July 9th, 2013, 2:40 am

Breehit wrote:I think that best friends with all and exalted gets you the other one, the Singing Cricket.
The Singing Cricket is rewarded for leveling 75 pets to 25.

Skyquake
MVP

Post by Skyquake » July 21st, 2013, 2:33 pm

In case anyone ever reads this, I am almost certain nothing more is required than giving gifts to Sho. I did some dailies, but I made sure to feed her every day, and I gave her every gift I found, including the ones somebody else likes better. I am best friends and have the pet but am only honored with the faction and stranger/ acquaintance with the other farmers. If I had it all to do over again, I'd do nothing but the intro quests until she talked to me, then feed her every day before/ after Farmer Nishi and give her any gifts I stumbled on (not saying there's anything wrong with the faction- in fact, it's kind of fun, but pet collecting and leveling is the priority :mrgreen: ).

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » July 22nd, 2013, 1:15 pm

oops, correct, the singing cricket is for the 75 pet at 25 achievement..so sorry! :oops: