Mr. Wiggles & Uncanny Luck

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Skyquake
MVP
Pet Score:4379
BattleTag®:Seamus#1218
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Mr. Wiggles & Uncanny Luck

Post by Skyquake » July 5th, 2013, 2:09 pm

Increases your team's hit chance by 50% and critical strike chance by 25% for 4 rounds.

Any circumstances where this would be decent, even just for fun? I was thinking of hooking him up with a couple of Anodized Robo Cubs or Yellow Moths. But it seems like mathematically there are so many better choices (including a 3rd cub). I don't need "perfectly optimal," I just don't want "clearly sub-optimal."

As far as we know, do all abilities have the same chance to crit?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Mr. Wiggles & Uncanny Luck

Post by Luciandk » July 5th, 2013, 3:10 pm

[pet]Lil' Deathwing[/pet] with Cataclysm

But Demolish is probably the best option as it does not have a cooldown.

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » July 5th, 2013, 3:16 pm

I used that with my fabled beast busters..
Start with Mr. Wiggles + Uncanny Luck then switch in Anodized Robo Cub + Demolish = win
well.. it did before the nerf anyway :cry: Given my extremely poor luck with bags, once I got all the pandas, I quit doing the fabled battles..

Nivrax
Pet Score:2635
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Nivrax » July 5th, 2013, 3:16 pm

Iirc it didn't work with Moth balls apart from first hit since it behaves similar to Flurry skill, there was thread on official forum somewhere. Apart from Demolish, you have Haymaker and Instability (with Crystal Overload). Not sure how it behaves with Cyclone.

Iamwhatis
Pet Score:4076
Realm:Stormscale-us

Post by Iamwhatis » July 5th, 2013, 3:34 pm

I used it with Cyclone several times and it did inrease the hit %

Khayah
Pet Score:2454
Realm:Aegwynn-eu

Post by Khayah » July 5th, 2013, 11:08 pm

Every pet with an attack of

http://www.warcraftpets.com/abilities/filter/?filter=greater_chance_to_miss beside moth balls, here it only works for the first "shoot"

is suitable but Mr wiggles has a lots of downsides that you cannot avoid.

- as critter it is an easy kill for direrunt teams
- as you have to switch every 3-4 round, minefield is awful to you
- any opponent starting with a faster switcher pet will disturb your rotation that severely if the wrong pet is switched in or concerning nether gate you even cannot control which pet will be switched in
- you have to cast uncanny luck as soon as possible, and every 4th round, so you are kind of predictable
- magical pets are quite hard to defeat as you cannot use the damage of "big blow attacks" to the full extent
- the first two rounds you do no dmg at all, so you are behind from the start, if you play against any pet with avoidance you lose to many turns because of switching, eg restless shadeling etc
- you still are affected by - hit chance of sandstorm, thus you are punished twice, as you not just lose a turn, but you also lose a stack of the uncanny luck buff
you cannot protect your pig while switching in, so you can cast uncanny luck only two times, at the beginning and one time afterwards, a second time will not be possible most likely as your mr wiggles will be hit by 4-5 attacks up to that point

i know annimositty promoted luck teams twice in the american forum and reading his post gives you the impression that you just demolish a few times and thats it ... it is just not that simple although you will win quite a few matches as demolish and belly slide do decent dmg or instabilty even more and so on