Wastewalker Shu video (Two-Pet Strategy)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Hazelnuttygames
Pet Score:11798
Realm:Lightbringer-us
Wastewalker Shu video (Two-Pet Strategy)

Post by Hazelnuttygames » July 2nd, 2013, 6:47 pm

Hey guys! I made a video of my own personal Wastewalker Shu carry strategy if anyone is looking to try something new! I go over my reasons and applications of the various abilities in the video, but I'll throw a 'too long, didn't watch' summary down below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBMl4cKHmSc

The short version is carry pet/Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling (easily subbed for a different flying pet with Lift-off if you don't have one)/Magical Crawdad. I chose Snap/Shell Shield/Wish for the crawdad over the slightly more popular Renewing Mists/Wish combo because it speeds the fight up a bit.

Also, Red Panda might be the cutest pet they've made. Discuss.

Greenstar
MVP
Pet Score:13861
BattleTag®:Mattob#1633
Realm:Deathwing-us

Re: Wastewalker Shu video (Two-Pet Strategy)

Post by Greenstar » July 3rd, 2013, 10:04 am

I didn't watch the video (I'm at work and probably shouldn't even be reading this... :lol: ), but I use {carry pet} / Yellow Moth P/P [1,1,1] / Emperor Crab P/P [2,2,2] so it sounds about the same. I like the Emperor Crab over the Magical Crawdad for the extra power.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » July 4th, 2013, 7:09 am

I use a Pterrodax for the heal. He usually kills the first 2 pets easily and I have him whittle down the last while sandstorm drops.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » July 4th, 2013, 9:12 am

Darn, guess he wasn't one of the ones I got a video of before my video recording broke.

I use a red cricket, since it can solo him. Usually have to hold off at the end so I don't kill the third pet. :P

Edit: I should clarify -- let the cricket die, so I can bring in the leveling pet, then use any mechanical really to 1-2 shot the hedgehog's remaining health (currently I use the Son of Animus because I really wanted to use him *somewhere*).

Livingdeath
Top Rater
Pet Score:3525
BattleTag®:Doctor#1657
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Post by Livingdeath » July 4th, 2013, 9:31 am

I like to use a Sprite Darter Hatchling and Darkmoon Tonk. The Sprite Darter's slicing winds easily kills the Aquatic while leaving you a sliver of health for round 2 against the Elemental. I use life exchange to take half the Ele's health and then continue to use slicing winds to kill the Ele. I then swap in the leveling pet in for the Beast's first round because it does no damage and then swap in the Sprite Darter to do some damage (hopefully) before it dies before bringing in the Tonk to wipe out the beast.

This strat always works for me. I like the Sprite Darter over traditional flying pets because it usually can wipe out the first two pets with ease. I suggest the leveling pet be level 5+ because the Ele does minor AOE damage.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » July 4th, 2013, 10:14 am

Gilneas wrote:Edit: I should clarify -- let the cricket die, so I can bring in the leveling pet, then use any mechanical really to 1-2 shot the hedgehog's remaining health (currently I use the Son of Animus because I really wanted to use him *somewhere*).
There's no need to let the poor cricket die. Just switch in your leveling pet when he brings in the third pet. It'll buff it's shield in the first round and your carry pet will be save. Then switch to the mechanical.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » July 4th, 2013, 12:41 pm

Kring wrote:
Gilneas wrote:Edit: I should clarify -- let the cricket die, so I can bring in the leveling pet, then use any mechanical really to 1-2 shot the hedgehog's remaining health (currently I use the Son of Animus because I really wanted to use him *somewhere*).
There's no need to let the poor cricket die. Just switch in your leveling pet when he brings in the third pet. It'll buff it's shield in the first round and your carry pet will be save. Then switch to the mechanical.
There no reason not to let the cricket die though. By leaving the cricket in as long as you can, you make the hedgehog as weak as possible for the mechanical. Plus you only give up one turn to the swapping (leveling -> mechanical) instead of two. Its just smoother all around.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » July 5th, 2013, 2:54 am

Gilneas wrote:There no reason not to let the cricket die though. By leaving the cricket in as long as you can, you make the hedgehog as weak as possible for the mechanical. Plus you only give up one turn to the swapping (leveling -> mechanical) instead of two. Its just smoother all around.
Actually, there are some reasons to not let the cricket die. It's faster and the carry pet takes no damage. Yeti doesn't need any help with the hedgehog. The fight is over in two rounds with Call Lightning (100% hit chance) and Ion Cannon (100% hit chance).

Ghostrunz
Pet Score:4418
Realm:Khadgar-us

Post by Ghostrunz » July 5th, 2013, 11:58 am

I enjoyed the video and it was quite helpful!

I could use some strategies for the trainers in Karasang, Townlong and Jade Forest. I beat them often enough but don't have them down to "easy mode" like the ones in VoFW, Vale, Kun Lai and now Dreadwastes.

Hazelnuttygames
Pet Score:11798
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Hazelnuttygames » July 9th, 2013, 11:02 pm

Glad somebody was assisted! That makes me unreasonably happy.

I did one for Hyuna also if you're having trouble with her (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcZU2_mxuQA)

It basically goes Celestial Dragon (Flamethrower/Ancient Blessing/Starfall), Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling (or any flying pet with Lift-off, there's a couple good choices (Peck/slicing winds/lift-off)

It's not quite as guaranteed as some of the other trainers because Hyuna is tough to two-pet, but it works 80% first time for me.

Slick
Pet Score:1771
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Slick » July 11th, 2013, 1:11 pm

Ghostrunz wrote:I enjoyed the video and it was quite helpful!

I could use some strategies for the trainers in Karasang, Townlong and Jade Forest. I beat them often enough but don't have them down to "easy mode" like the ones in VoFW, Vale, Kun Lai and now Dreadwastes.
Jade trainer you can solo with Anubisath Idol.

My strat:

Anub with Demolish, Stoneskin and Deflection

On the moth put up Stoneskin, he'll dot you, Deflect the second dot it's % based. Demolish and repeat until dead.

On the snake make sure Stoneskin has atleast 3 rounds if it doesn't put it up first, Deflect his burrows and demolish until dead.

On the turtle he'll headbutt first so deflect first move, no need for stoneskin as long as you deflect his headbutts. If you have an addon to watch his cooldowns you'll know when he's going to do it. if you don't then he'll usually cast shield 3 times and heal if he isn't at 100% before headbutting. I bring my lowbies in when hes spamming shield. You could use Crush but the snake can do some decent damage (his non-burrow ability hits harder as he uses it) so thats why I use Demolish.

Townlong if you're lucky you can solo with Anubisath but I've only done it once. I usually bring my idol and a flyer and carry 1 pet.

Shakesbeard
Top Rater
Pet Score:4734
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Shakesbeard » July 12th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Tahsfenz wrote:I use a Pterrodax for the heal. He usually kills the first 2 pets easily and I have him whittle down the last while sandstorm drops.
same here, i use pterro with eternal strider, only because i use the same 2 for townlong junyu guy so i don't have to switch team between the 2. also same team for valley tamer... pterro 1st for dread wastes, strider first for other 2 (wins valley solo 99% of the time)

but i don't have any extreme lowbies left to level, any carry pets are 12+, can take a hit or two and sometimes actually do something useful :P
MADORAN__ <WCP> Shakesbeard
___________<LPL> Factotem
___________<PP> Orcane, Shrecksar, Remoo