Unborn val'kyr breed

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us
Unborn val'kyr breed

Post by Aerozia » June 30th, 2013, 10:57 pm

okay so people are being COMPLETELY useless on the comment sections for pets, "liek omfg, i totally liek got it after x amount of camping borean tundra, lulz" no one cares, i repeat 'NO ONE GIVES A GIANT SEWER RAT'S @$$!!

it would be nice to have a comment section on the pet that was about the battle aspects, moves to take, pets to pair it with, which breed is better, which is why i am here, making this post, i have the balance breed one, is the one with more health better?

Irongate
Pet Score:3045
BattleTag®:runNEOrun#1353
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Re: Unborn val'kyr breed

Post by Irongate » July 1st, 2013, 1:33 am

Gratz on getting your own UV. As for which breed is best, just be happy that captured one considering there are so many that haven't been so lucky.

Miwa
MVP
Pet Score:2967
Realm:Wildhammer-eu

Post by Miwa » July 1st, 2013, 3:06 am

I have the health one, but gonna look for a balanced one.

Iskren
Pet Score:1885
Realm:Kazzak-eu

Post by Iskren » July 1st, 2013, 4:10 am

As a rule of thumb undead pets best breed is max hp ...i dont think UV story is any different.

p.s. i am little disappointed from UV as a battle pet to be honest

Nivrax
Pet Score:2635
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Nivrax » July 1st, 2013, 4:44 am

Health one. Balanced have less stat total AND speed stat is wasted on (slow in first place) undeads anyway. And it's pretty good pet imo, put Doom up, spam slashes/shocks. At worst, both pets will die at same time, meaning you can get UA up giving you edge. If you actually kill pet first (or enemy switches different pet) you can even cast second Doom up with UA on bonus turn (or vice versa).

The main problem might be with switcher teams where you want to keep her in back at first. And Direhorns proccing stuns, but that's against all pets...

Iskren
Pet Score:1885
Realm:Kazzak-eu

Post by Iskren » July 1st, 2013, 4:56 am

Its not only that mate ...a good player knows that u ll play with UV as a 1st pet cuz 90%+ of players play it with unholy ascension
From that point on he already has an advantage cuz he knows how u ll play in next 5-6 turns. Also there are pets that can easily kill UV surviving doom etc.
Good pet ? yes Impressive ? no

p.s. spectral pup fro Isle of Giants totally owns UV 1v1 :-)

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » July 1st, 2013, 10:19 am

Speed is wasted stat if you don't get initiave and since both HH and BB are so slow, forget about it. Many Undead pets have HH trait, theres a reason, endurance for allowing dots to tick + racial another round.

In this case, the HH offers 15% more health than the BB. The BB offers 5% more damage than the HH. All battle pets have build-in +/- 10% damage variance on all attacks last I read something somewhere :S Clear choice to me.

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » July 3rd, 2013, 9:55 am

PvP, HH

For PvE, it depends how you plan to use it - in the 'BoF kill team' for example, BB is better because Power is the only stat of any use (In this strat, your first move is Unholy Ascension, removing 100% of your health anyway).

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » July 4th, 2013, 7:21 am

I have B/B, my wife has H/H. I use them with pretty much the same team in PvP. I like mine better since it gets me to my goal quicker of unholy ascension. Either way, 90% of the time, we die t the same time. Switcher teams don't bother me. My main purpose with this pet is to die so I'll switch back. Usually it screws up THEIR strat.

Either way, there is very little difference.

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » July 4th, 2013, 8:57 am

Do you use Ascension on low health or on your resurrection round? Either way a well timed switch could ruin that for you (i.e. the damage from the switch kills you and you res on the back line, or you're switched out before you can use UH).

Off topic though, sorry :oops:

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » July 4th, 2013, 6:13 pm

Gromagrim wrote:Do you use Ascension on low health or on your resurrection round? Either way a well timed switch could ruin that for you (i.e. the damage from the switch kills you and you res on the back line, or you're switched out before you can use UH).

Off topic though, sorry :oops:
A well timed switch is the counter for the unborn. Usually they switch you out right after you are DoT'd up. 9/10 I use ascension early enough to avoid the second swap. If they do, I usually lose my Rez turn, but at least I got the debuff up.

Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Aerozia » July 4th, 2013, 9:57 pm

i might camp another for the HH breed, but i never ever use ascenion, its a waste.
Last edited by Aerozia on July 5th, 2013, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miwa
MVP
Pet Score:2967
Realm:Wildhammer-eu

Post by Miwa » July 5th, 2013, 8:37 am

Ok never mind, I'll just keep my H/H one then:)
That way I won't have to compete with other players who hasn't got any yet :P