Able to handle (almost) everything

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us
Able to handle (almost) everything

Post by Imthedci » September 6th, 2012, 1:20 pm

Now, I know that there are 10 different 'types' of battle pets.

However, my question is thus: is it possible (in the normal team of 3 pets) to have each pet with three different types of attacks (i.e. Pet 1 has a Humanoid, a Beast, and a Critter-type attack, Pet 2 has a Magic, an Elemental, and a Dragonkin-type attack, and Pet 3 has a Mechanical, an Undead, and a Flying-type attack. Thus, leaving you vulnerable to only Aquatic-type attacks.)?

Sorry if that sounds a little confusing. :oops:

Dobablo
Pet Score:2795
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Re: Able to handle (almost) everything

Post by Dobablo » September 7th, 2012, 9:03 am

In you example, your pets would each be vulnerable to their standard type weakness and Aquatic would be the only class that you do not have an attack that would do 50% extra damage.

I haven't created a team that can do it, but I my quick search shows that of the pets that do have 3 different types of attack, at least one of them is cooldown based.

If you built a team that has non-cooldown attacks in each of the 3 classes (so you maximise ability to always have an +50% attack available), but you would have no control/buff/debuff/heal abilities.

Tazienne
Pet Score:1752
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Re: Able to handle (almost) everything

Post by Tazienne » October 1st, 2012, 3:30 pm

I looked into this as well and if you are wanting to get as close as possible, I suggest at least one Nether Ray, possibly two.
Contrary to what was said already, my Nether Ray Fry has 6 different type attacks, none of which has any cooldown. That allows the most coverage possible from one single pet.

If you were to run two of them, then you would have the advantage, in terms of attacks, vs 6 types as each Ray could cover 3 of them. As for the last slot though, you can easily get a pet that will cover 2 of the remaining 4 types, but as it has been pointed out, you will be seriously lacking in any sort of support and I can attest to the fact that the Nether Rays are basically glass cannons, they hit fast and hard, but once they drop under half health, their speed falls and they have low HPs even when Rare quality.

I would suggest something like a Fawn to work with your Rays if you plan to run 2 of them, that gives you the ability to heal them with the Fawn's HoT and its team heal.