Do we know when the *end* of summer is?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Slab
Pet Score:3088
Realm:Nesingwary-us
Do we know when the *end* of summer is?

Post by Slab » June 24th, 2013, 5:02 pm

I'm taking a "wait til it dies down" approach to Quraji (especially since i didn't start pet collecting to spring, meaning I don't have the Winter pet and won't be a Zookeeper until December :cry:), but with only 6 potential spawn spots, 5 hour respawn ... I'm concerned how long it would take for it really "die down". I know the Snowy Owl was gone relatively early in what I'd consider Spring ... are we talking about Sept 21st?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Do we know when the *end* of summer is?

Post by Quintessence » June 24th, 2013, 5:40 pm

Considering WoW is now following "real world" (Northern Hemisphere) seasons (just for these pets, the seasonal fish still follow previous WoW seasons), I think the end of summer will indeed be September 21.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » June 24th, 2013, 6:46 pm

Slab wrote:I'm taking a "wait til it dies down" approach to Quraji (especially since i didn't start pet collecting to spring, meaning I don't have the Winter pet and won't be a Zookeeper until December :cry:), but with only 6 potential spawn spots, 5 hour respawn ... I'm concerned how long it would take for it really "die down". I know the Snowy Owl was gone relatively early in what I'd consider Spring ... are we talking about Sept 21st?
There are more than 6 spawns. They are all over the place in that area. And its definitely a faster spawn than 5 hours. So don't worry about that much at least!

And yes, I'm sure it will be Sept 21st (or so, whenever the equinox is).

Slab
Pet Score:3088
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Slab » June 25th, 2013, 7:39 am

And they hotfixed the spawn rate to be "greatly increased" as of today, too (Of course my even more die-hard than me pet collectin' girlfriend snagged one last night, just before that :p). Cool, less worried. Now, if I can only go back and tell Winter/Spring time me to go and get the Snowy Owl before March 21st ... =/