Faction Change

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Lakers
Pet Score:1243
Realm:Terenas-us
Faction Change

Post by Lakers » September 2nd, 2012, 8:17 pm

So I went from Alliance to Horde and some of my pets didn't convert anyone know why? My alliance ballon didnt go horde, and my argent items stayed alliance. I think the only option is to contact a game master unless anyone knows a way to fix it. Thank you before hand.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Faction Change

Post by Quintessence » September 2nd, 2012, 10:19 pm

I would definitely put a ticket in and speak with a game master.

I think the faction pets don't covert anymore when you faction change because you can have both horde and alliance pets in your Pet Journal regardless of what faction your toon is. You just can't summon the opposing faction pets.

The pets changed faction before when we could only have one or the other, but why convert an alliance Moonkin to a horde one when technically both can exist in a collection at the same time now, yenno? So the policy might have changed regarding faction switching, but only a GM can confirm that.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Re: Faction Change

Post by GormanGhaste » September 4th, 2012, 12:09 pm

I think for the items mentioned, it's working as intended. The tournament pets don't have a faction requirement for summoning, and the faction balloons are quest pets that are easy to get with the new faction.
Mingyao on Madoran