List of pets most people level to 25

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Solamas
Pet Score:4103
Realm:Bloodhoof-us
List of pets most people level to 25

Post by Solamas » June 20th, 2013, 2:22 pm

I haven't found one or does anyone know where to find a list of the most "leveled to 25" pets? Is there a way to find out on this site? I know going thru the forums and guides what most people are leveling and using, but what pet has every pet tamer leveled to 25? A top 10, top 25, or anything like that I guess is what I am asking for. Love the site by the way, it has made pet collecting very fun and quick. Thanks in advance and happy hunting.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Re: List of pets most people level to 25

Post by Mehetabel » June 20th, 2013, 3:17 pm

I don't know if there is an actual statistics list anywhere but I would imagine that most people went for their favourites first, which would mean a lot of the rare and world events pets.

I also reckon most people (I know I am) are aiming to level everything to 25 and now that I've got my favourites up I'm just leveling any old pet . . . I would guess others are the same?
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Elmarc
Top Rater
Pet Score:10302
BattleTag®:Elmarc#2151
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Elmarc » June 20th, 2013, 3:49 pm

I didnt see a list about most-level-25 pets, however, http://www.guildox.com has a few lists about pets. I leveled most of my pets to 25, and have no order in favourite. I go by lowest level first, then whatever is on bottom of the list i.e. counter-alfabetic (I mark pets to level as favorite, and remove the fav. as soon as it hits 25). So for me its all pets, however when i started, the first pet i got to 25 was the baby blizzard bear (uncommon, and had to get it to 25 a second time after upgrade) because i liked that one as well as i thought it was super strong (found many better pets after that though ;))

Edit: linked guildox

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » June 20th, 2013, 7:22 pm

My first leveled to 25 was my Tol Barad Fox Kit, just because I loved him...he reiminds me of cross between a puppy and a kitten. :P

Zythehealer
Pet Score:2908
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Zythehealer » June 20th, 2013, 7:31 pm

I don't know, personally I leveled useful pets first because I wanted to do all the quests. It wasn't until I had a solid stable that I started to level 'fun' pets.

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » June 20th, 2013, 10:42 pm

Terrible Turnip would be the most obvious answer here. Having one at max level just makes capturing pets so much easier that it would surprise me if anyone who was interested in pet battles didn't make sure it was one of the first 10 pets they maxed.

Nivrax
Pet Score:2635
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Nivrax » June 21st, 2013, 1:55 am

500+ pets and I don't have turnip, never really felt like I will need it for capture, and rest of his skill set is meh. I had Disgusting Oozling as one of my first pets, ~200 absorb attack makes sure pet I try to capture don't die to crit. If not, I have endless bunch of pets of all levels I can use to bring one down (and 25 to swipe the adds).

Slab
Pet Score:3088
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Slab » June 21st, 2013, 6:47 am

First one I leveled was my Szechaun Chicken, since I used him to help level others near Two Moons.

If I had the info of today when I did that, I'd first level Eternal Strider and Spirit Crab, so I could work on Nishi and Aki, respectively. The two of them do most of the work by themselves in those fights and they're close together and near Two Moons. I used Aki and Nishi to level up my Emerald, Chrominius, etc, to then turn around and start fighting the rest of the tamers.

Ebil
Pet Score:11957
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Ebil » June 21st, 2013, 9:40 am

The first pet I leveled up was my Magical Crawdad since that has always been one of my favorite pets. I ran a combo of pets after him including infected fawn, fjord worg, and scaled basilisk hatchling.

Altra
Pet Score:3612
Realm:Die Aldor-eu

Post by Altra » June 21st, 2013, 9:47 am

In my case I leveled the Teldrassil Sproutling, because he is my in character pet during roleplay, the dark whelpling, because I always adored their fat little bellies (and because he kicked pet ass) and last not least the clockwork gnome, I named after a gnome roleplayer friend of mine.

Not the most effective team, still we had fun leveling and wiping.

Gruhm
MVP
Pet Score:3358
BattleTag®:Gruhm#1916
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Gruhm » June 21st, 2013, 10:05 am

Mehetabel wrote:I don't know if there is an actual statistics list anywhere but I would imagine that most people went for their favourites first, which would mean a lot of the rare and world events pets.

I also reckon most people (I know I am) are aiming to level everything to 25 and now that I've got my favourites up I'm just leveling any old pet . . . I would guess others are the same?
This is my approach exactly. I leveled favorites first and am now slowly working my way through the rest. I try to get everything I care about to 10 - 11, then work through those and max them out. I go through in no specific order unless I acquire a new one that's cool, or read about a good PvP team and I'm a max member short.

Khevyn
Top Rater
Pet Score:10351
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Khevyn » June 21st, 2013, 12:35 pm

My first 3 were favourites.

Zergling
Ethereal Soul Trader
Nether Faerie Dragon.

After that, I tried to get one of each family type to 25, and from then on, favourites, and the occasional strong-vs-trainer pets to help the leveling process go faster.

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » June 21st, 2013, 12:56 pm

My first two were baby blizzard bear and crimson whelpling, and I fell in love with Bat along the way, so he made it onto my first team. now though, i just close my eyes and scroll up my list of pets then level whoever i click on first.

Hazelnuttygames
Pet Score:11798
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Hazelnuttygames » June 21st, 2013, 6:32 pm

I think the vast variety of pets means that very few will be universally mandatory. More likely is picking one pet from each category of useful movesets, and then filling out with one of each additional type. (it's always useful to have a max level snail, frog, turtle, boomy mechanical, etc).

It takes so little time to get additional pets to level 25 after your first team it isn't a huge deal anyways. Round out your basic repertoire of pets and then level new ones whenever you need them for a certain situation, or just because you like them.

Charnyl
Pet Score:11314
Realm:Laughing Skull-us

Post by Charnyl » June 22nd, 2013, 7:20 am

Favourites first (Phoenix Hatchling and Ethereal Soul-Trader) along with one I'd been given as a gift (Eye of the Legion), then specific pets I needed for the trainers and achieves. After that, I levelled things I thought were particularly cool/harder to get (Crawling Claw, etc.) and then I began to focus on the non-tradeable pets in my collection. At the moment I seem to be jumping around based on where I am and what I'm doing, but now that the levelling XP thing is fixed I'll probably buckle down again.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » June 23rd, 2013, 4:26 pm

My first set was the gryphon hatchling (store pet), landro's Xt (tcg), and the sinister squashling. Those three were also my first rare quality ones. After the first two pets, you will level them a lot faster. Next few we're the really powerful ones such as infinite whelp, kl runt, flayer, etc. Next were the ones I thought were rare to see or just fun. Now I just favorite a few at a time and then level them, then unfavorite and repeat.
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » June 24th, 2013, 4:44 am

My first levelling team was Grunty, Pandaren Monk and Murkablo. After I realised a lot of pets I went up against were beast or critter, I ditched murkablo and added both Clockwork Gnome and a rare 'snake' I'd caught to the mix.

As you can see, I started with pets I thought were 'cool' and once I had a bit of experience, switched in pets that were practical.

Violetfemme
Top Rater
Pet Score:4120
BattleTag®:Violet#1301
Realm:Aegwynn-us

Post by Violetfemme » June 24th, 2013, 5:54 am

My first 25, oddly, was a Strand Crab (which I had named "Special"). At the time, it seemed to me that it was invincible! Then I caught an Eternal Water Strider or two and decided I liked them better! I do prefer to level up the unique ones first (rare drops, achievement looted drops, etc). I am unsure if I will ever level all those duplicate type pets (snakes, rats, roaches, frogs). It gets a bit boring after leveling a few of them.