Share pet collecting news and advice.
Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us
Questions about Arena Pass

Post by Morlis » June 21st, 2013, 12:13 pm

Players who participate in at least 50 rated Arena Pass games on one character and with the same team will be eligible to receive the Armored Murloc pet for their live characters.
I started a new thread because I didn't want this to get lost in the in long list of folks wanting to join and posting their names. I am an absolute newbie when it comes to PVP, avoid it like the plague in all honesty. My hope is to just join with a couple similarly anti-pvp minded folks and just have our butts handed to us 50 times.

So I get that you don't have to win, but what is meant by Rated?

Are there matches that are not rated?

Will I be wasting my time unless I can somehow manage to get rated?

Will there be a counter so we know for sure we have the necessary matches done?

Would hate to not get 50 and not realize it. :P
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Questions about Arena Pass

Post by Quintessence » June 21st, 2013, 1:48 pm

There are two phases in the Arena Pass event.

The first phase is unrated. It's a time where PVP'ers can get in some practice matches with their team.

The second phase is rated. This is when you want to play/participate in 50 games. During this phase, all games will count towards your Arena Pass rating, but unless you're serious about PVP, this rating doesn't really matter. All collectors need to worry about is participating in 50 matches during this rated phase.

There's an in-game counter for the number of wins/losses your team has. I don't think there's an actual counter that shows you how many you've participated in. To be on the safe side, I manually wrote down every day/time my team completed a match ^^;
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » June 21st, 2013, 1:53 pm

Thanks for the reply Quintessence. :)

This helps greatly.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Jalad
Pet Score:3765
BattleTag®:Jalad#1735
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Jalad » June 22nd, 2013, 12:32 pm

I have a question and figured I'd tag on here. I see it says that if you leave the team, your matches reset and even if you've done 50 they won't count. What if I'm on a team, and we've done 50, and someone leaves the team. Does that reset MY count, as well?

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » June 22nd, 2013, 12:54 pm

No your count remains independent of other members on the team.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » June 22nd, 2013, 5:14 pm

Lolfixheal wrote:No your count remains independent of other members on the team.
Not 100% sure on this. If you want to be on the safe side, just make sure your team sticks together for the duration of the rated phase.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » June 24th, 2013, 3:55 pm

I've searched all over but couldn't find any detailed information.
Is it known exactly when (month and day) the actual phase will start where we can earn the 50 games?
Also, is there a deadline for the signup?

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » June 24th, 2013, 4:27 pm

From the [url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/community/arena/arena-tou]Arena Pass ToS[/url]: "The Arena Pass Service shall last for approximately nine (9) weeks, and will commence on June 25, 2013 at approximately 10:00 AM, Pacific Daylight Time (7:00 PM CEST)(subject to 'Server Maintenance' to be performed by Blizzard), and end on August 27, 2013 at 1:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (August 27, 2013, 10:00 AM CEST, subject to 'Server Maintenance' to be performed by Blizzard). The first five weeks of the Ladder Phase of the Arena Pass Service will be a "practice" period, and during this time Arena Pass participants may switch from one team to another without that Arena Team being penalized."

Since the first 5 weeks are considered the practice phase, the rated phase will begin the week of July 30th and end August 27. The schedule is subject to change, so I would just keep an eye out for any official Arena Pass announcements.

I'm still waiting for some kind of confirmation on which "murkimus" they're awarding this year. Kind of anxious that I won't find out until it's too late, and the registration period will close before I know. :(

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » June 24th, 2013, 6:31 pm

Quintessence wrote:I'm still waiting for some kind of confirmation on which "murkimus" they're awarding this year. Kind of anxious that I won't find out until it's too late, and the registration period will close before I know. :(
Oh my gosh yes. Please let us know if anyone finds out!! I'd hate to miss out.

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » June 25th, 2013, 5:15 am

Thanks for the information, I guess I overlooked this.
As far as I could see from the ToS there is no deadline for signing up. Is that correct?

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » June 25th, 2013, 6:18 am

Casca wrote:Thanks for the information, I guess I overlooked this.
As far as I could see from the ToS there is no deadline for signing up. Is that correct?
Registration will end eventually. They will probably close the registration period a couple weeks after the practice phase begins or a few weeks before the rated phase starts. Hopefully they will announce it in advance.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » June 25th, 2013, 11:14 am

Saw this on MMO-Champion's Blue Tracker: It's not a new pet this year for the Arena Pass, it's still Murkimus.
Nakatoir wrote:G'day all!

Just wanting to add in some information here to avoid any false expectations from the Arena Pass rewards. Unfortunately at this time we have no plans to change up the pet that is rewarded for participating in 50 games in this years Arena Pass . This means that the pet you get rewarded in the mail will be Murkimus' Tiny Spear.