Share pet collecting news and advice.
Skyquake
MVP
Pet Score:4379
BattleTag®:Seamus#1218
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
I hate stupid posts like this...

Post by Skyquake » June 19th, 2013, 9:58 pm

...where the knucklehead tries to find a workaround to the "random numbers are random" problem. But sometimes you can't help yourself, y'know?

Is there any evidence that certain breeds of a given pet don't spawn everywhere the pet spawns? Specifically, I want a P/P Bat, and I have done in a LOT of the squeaking little bastidges in Whispering Forest and not seen one of any quality. I assume I've just been unlucky?

Tenshiame
Top Rater
Pet Score:3475
BattleTag®:AmaraAme#1364
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: I hate stupid posts like this...

Post by Tenshiame » June 19th, 2013, 10:38 pm

I have one, I don't remember exactly where I got it but I know it was one of the higher lvl areas with bats. I'd be willing to trade for a rare lvl 25 bat (mine's lvl 25 rare) I don't particularly care about breed. if you're on a US account you can add me if you want.

Skyquake
MVP
Pet Score:4379
BattleTag®:Seamus#1218
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Skyquake » June 19th, 2013, 11:03 pm

Tenshiame wrote:I have one, I don't remember exactly where I got it but I know it was one of the higher lvl areas with bats. I'd be willing to trade for a rare lvl 25 bat (mine's lvl 25 rare) I don't particularly care about breed. if you're on a US account you can add me if you want.
Very kind of you, but Bats are untradeable wild-caught pets as far as I know. What did you have in mind, exactly? Awesome Pet Score, btw!

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » June 20th, 2013, 12:34 am

Bats come in 6 different breeds (with both male and female flavors of each breed). That means that the breed you want is going to be harder to get than if the pet had fewer breeds.

The only thing I can suggest is that you just keep trying. It could be worse, for example: Flayer Younglings come in 10 different breeds... and at least bats are fairly common pets.

Tenshiame
Top Rater
Pet Score:3475
BattleTag®:AmaraAme#1364
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Tenshiame » June 20th, 2013, 2:57 am

oh I completely forgot about that XD so many pets to keep track of.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » June 20th, 2013, 3:29 am

Skyquake wrote:...I want a P/P Bat, and I have done in a LOT of the squeaking little bastidges in Whispering Forest and not seen one of any quality.
Haha, this had me bent double in my office, thanks for a good belly-aching laugh!!! As the others have said, it's a patience game, just wait till you try to get a rare Larva, and have to run up and down the beach in Ghostlands for hours at a time hoping for a rare as a secondary ;)