Low pet xp for fabled pet win?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Violetfemme
Top Rater
Pet Score:4120
BattleTag®:Violet#1301
Realm:Aegwynn-us
Low pet xp for fabled pet win?

Post by Violetfemme » June 19th, 2013, 1:15 pm

Does there seem to be any logic in the low amount of pet xp that you receive when beating one of the fabled pets? I can beat some of the fabled with 2 25s and sometimes a level 20-24 pet. I would think that should net me at least the 4k xp that it does when doing the same on with the pandarian master tamers or the spirit tamers. However I only got 273 xp when I just defeated Gorespine with my level 22 pocket reaver still alive. I know these fabled pets are supposed to be hard to beat, but then I would think that should give more xp if you figure out how to beat them with a lower level pet still alive.

Does anyone else feel the same? Or am I missing some aspect/point of the battle?

Livingdeath
Top Rater
Pet Score:3525
BattleTag®:Doctor#1657
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Re: Low pet xp for fabled pet win?

Post by Livingdeath » June 19th, 2013, 1:37 pm

Well the Fabled quest chain is kind of easy. I think Blizzard just wants to avoid having people parking themselves at the pets farming XP, like people used to do when the regular trainers were repeatable. Since you can fight them again and again, it would be easy XP. Honestly to me I would love it if the bumped up the Xperia and just made them non repeatable.

Teacake
Pet Score:2717
Realm:Misha-us

Post by Teacake » June 19th, 2013, 2:02 pm

I suspect it's just following whatever their usual math is, given you've only killed one pet instead of three. I think it would be nice if they changed the formula for those fights though, and did something else to avoid repeat fights. I mainly do dailies just to level pets now, and BoF is awfully time consuming to do just for the bags.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » June 19th, 2013, 2:25 pm

BoF used to be my main source for stones, so I'd do it every day. I don't know if they changed the chance to get a stone from the fabled bag, but it certainly seems that way, so I rarely bother any more.

Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Aerozia » June 19th, 2013, 6:39 pm

the reason its low is because, unlike the tamers, you can fight the fabled pets over and over and over and over, can you see how EASY it would be for someone to farm them for xp?

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » June 19th, 2013, 7:22 pm

They're designed that way -- tamers are more efficient for leveling; Beasts of Fable have a higher chance for a stone from their bag. Their bag does always give the 25% xp pet treat though, so that more than makes up for not being able to get a larger amount of xp from the beasts themselves.

Hazelnuttygames
Pet Score:11798
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Hazelnuttygames » June 21st, 2013, 6:42 pm

The Beasts of Fable are just not designed to give worthwhile leveling xp like the daily trainers are. I almost never bother with them unless I happen to be flying by.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » June 21st, 2013, 8:18 pm

They do only give you that amount of XP sorry :p So they are defo not worth boosting on at all. A single 25 wild pet battle gives you twice as much.

Cluey
Pet Score:11369
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Cluey » August 14th, 2013, 2:20 am

As others had said it's to stop people just power leveling pets on them.
Funnily enough If they could do that the same people would complain that it's boring and there isn't enough variety. :?