Wait if today is the 19th that means....

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Riixie
Pet Score:2839
Realm:Fenris-us
Wait if today is the 19th that means....

Post by Riixie » June 19th, 2013, 12:24 pm

Tomorrow is the 20th.... and the day after that is the 21st!!!!!!!

Greenstar
MVP
Pet Score:13861
BattleTag®:Mattob#1633
Realm:Deathwing-us

Re: Wait if today is the 19th that means....

Post by Greenstar » June 19th, 2013, 12:28 pm

And I'm off work that day! :D

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » June 19th, 2013, 12:30 pm

Me too! :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » June 19th, 2013, 12:56 pm

/sad

I'm going to be out of town all weekend. Looks like I'm going to miss the "Re-Opening of Ahn'Qiraj." It's probably for the best, I'm sure a lot of the fervor will have died down after this weekend, making it much easier to get my Qiraji Guardling. I play on a pvp server too, so it'll probably be a gank-fest.

Silverthorn
MVP
Pet Score:13832
Realm:Staghelm-us

Post by Silverthorn » June 19th, 2013, 3:23 pm

It means.... We should throw a party or something. When are the little buggers going to appear on Friday? 12:00 am? After server reset? Will we crash Silithus the way that AQ40 did at one point? Is there a "Tamer Realm First" or something for the lucky winner of the fray?

And speaking of AQ40, what kind of mad DPS does it take to solo Twin Emperors? I fought my way to Brawler's Guild Rank 4 on my DK main and still haven't managed to solo TE. Maybe I'm missing something?

Note to Brawlers: find the ever-present group of players buffing each other in the Brawler's Guild-- it helps an awful lot. Review your class rotations at icy-veins.com as well.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » June 19th, 2013, 3:53 pm

Silverthorn wrote:And speaking of AQ40, what kind of mad DPS does it take to solo Twin Emperors? I fought my way to Brawler's Guild Rank 4 on my DK main and still haven't managed to solo TE. Maybe I'm missing something?
They heal one another when they get within X yards of each other (I forgot what the range is). So as long as you can outdps the heal you can kill them. The last time I did it I was just messing around and didn't bother separating them and still didn't have a problem killing them, doing maybe 60k dps? Had a friend's DK alt solo it around the same time and I don't recall him having any major issue, it just took a while. You only need to kill one to get them down, so just choose whether you want to focus on the physical dmg guy or magic dmg guy.

Etherwalker
Pet Score:2205

Post by Etherwalker » June 19th, 2013, 4:36 pm

Silverthorn wrote:And speaking of AQ40, what kind of mad DPS does it take to solo Twin Emperors? I fought my way to Brawler's Guild Rank 4 on my DK main and still haven't managed to solo TE. Maybe I'm missing something?
It's pretty easy on my 490+ (Raid Finder geared) Ret Pally. The first time I went in I didn't even realize there was a difference between the twins, I just popped all my cooldowns burned them down in the middle of the room.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » June 20th, 2013, 3:18 am

One is immune to melee damage, the other is immune to magic damage. Use the right skill on the right boss.

Chrth
Pet Score:5078
BattleTag®:Chrth#1939
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Chrth » June 20th, 2013, 9:20 am

Silverthorn wrote:When are the little buggers going to appear on Friday? 12:00 am?
My guess is it'll be the same time the Midsummer Festival Starts (2pm on my calendar). But I'll just be checking my blossoming ancient in the morning and at lunch to see if it's earlier.

I also checked this morning, you know, just in case.

EDIT: I'm wrong!
Moneypenny [Report]
woohooo QIRAJI gaurdling after one year of waiting and zookeepeer ty blizz
Today at 10:21am | Jubei'Thos-US | Pets: 546 | Score: 2612
Quick and Dirty Primer to Raiding With Leashes II:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4129

Chess Event Strategy/Discussion:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4168

Katzbalger
Pet Score:3554
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by Katzbalger » June 20th, 2013, 11:33 am

Kring wrote:
One is immune to melee damage, the other is immune to magic damage. Use the right skill on the right boss.
The 2 classes it's most awkward on are enh shaman and dk, since their damage is fairly split between magic and physical.

Shinsui
Pet Score:12453
Realm:Nathrezim-us

Post by Shinsui » June 20th, 2013, 2:22 pm

Katzbalger wrote:
Kring wrote:
The 2 classes it's most awkward on are enh shaman and dk, since their damage is fairly split between magic and physical.
I did it easily as a tank dk. All I did was get them both together and try to keep a dot or 2 on the magic one and alternate between death strikes, heart strikes and necrotic strikes to keep their healing to a minimum.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469

Post by NathKnave » June 20th, 2013, 3:50 pm

Katzbalger wrote:The 2 classes it's most awkward on are enh shaman and dk, since their damage is fairly split between magic and physical.
You could probably add assassination rogue to that. Over 60% of my damage is from poisons, which is useless against Vek'nilash. But I can't apply poisons to Vek'lor, since he's immune to my physical attacks.