Beasts of Fable - Pro Team

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Wuten
Pet Score:2383
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Beasts of Fable - Pro Team

Post by Wuten » June 18th, 2013, 7:11 pm

This is the best team I've used so far; I've had little to no failure against the Beasts with these, and they're pretty easy to get.

The team makeup:

Death's Head Cockroach (Rare) Lv. 25
Catch in Mount Hyjal, near most Twilight encampments
1562 HP
240 Power
305 Speed (This is key for a few pets out there!)
Moveset: Scratch(or Flank, it doesn't matter), Survive, Apocalypse(ESSENTIAL)

Terrible Turnip (Rare) Lv. 25
Drops from farming and harvesting an Ominous Seed in Halfhill
1481 HP
289 Power
273 Speed
Moveset: Weakening Blow, Leech Seed(Makes the fight run smoother), Sons of the Root(ESSENTIAL)

Highlands Turkey (Rare) Lv. 25
Twilight Highlands, around Thundermar and Vermillion Redoubt
1400 HP
289 Power
289 Speed
Moveset: Slicing Wind, Squawk(Lowers damage output of target, very useful early on), Food Coma(ESSENTIAL)

Open with your roach and use Apocalypse FIRST. From that point, either use Survive or switch to your Turkey. Use Food Coma, then switch to your Turnip. Cast Leech Seed, and then Sons of the Root. Switch between your Turkey and your Turnip from there on out, CCing the target whenever possible. This strategy focuses solely on CCing and surviving until Apocalypse hits its mark; because the Beasts of Fable hardly give any experience, you should be battling them with 25s to begin with. It should only take one or two switches to bring Apocalypse down upon the target, netting you your kill and some nice rewards.

Happy Hunting, and Good Luck! :)

~Wuten

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Re: Beasts of Fable - Pro Team

Post by Graven » June 19th, 2013, 3:09 pm

Hmm, interesting. I never thought of making a single team for all the fabled beasts, I just use a different team for the aquatics, one for the beasts and one for the critters. Since 5.3 I had to use a different team for Nitun too, since I find his healing to be too much without darkness.

My Aquatic killers:
Darkmoon Hatchling
Ancona Chicken
Gilnean Raven

Beast killers:
Darkmoon Zeppelin
Tranquil Mechanical Yeti
Darkmoon Tonk

Critter killers:
Baby Ape
Kun-Lai Runt
Curious Wolvar Pup

Nitun killers:
Gilnean Raven
Scourged Whelpling
Curious Wolvar Pup

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 19th, 2013, 4:30 pm

Phraide has an amazing single team set up that absolutely crushes nearly all the BoF NPCs (No-No is a bit of a pain, though). You can find it and the strat [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4314]here[/url] (bottom of the main post).
Beasts of Fable
6 rounds
1: Unborn Val'kyr [?] (1,2,2)
2: Pandaren Water Spirit [-] (1,2,2)
3: Chrominius [-] (1,1,2)

This is my generic team, which should work well against the majority of the BoF. The goal of this team is to set up a mix of bombs which will detonate on the same turn, under a Howl (+100% damage). You will deliver 100% of your damage at the same time: this way, the enemies won't be able to react and mitigate the damage with their powerful heals.

This strategy should grant you a kill on turn 6 or 7.

Round 1: Unholy Ascension
Your Unborn Val'kyr resurrects
Round 2: Curse of Doom
Your Unborn Val'kyr dies
Switch to Pandaren water spirit
Round 3: Geyser
Round 4: Whirlpool
Round 5: Switch to Chrominius
Round 6: Howl
At the end of this turn, Curse of Doom, Geyser and Whirlpool detonate at the same time with a +125% boost (25% from Unholy Ascension and 100% from Howl). The enemy takes a truckload of damage and is stunned.
Round 7: Surge of Power if the enemy is still alive

- Notes: For Dos-Ryga, cast some Shadow Slashes, then proceed as explained above (Unholy ascension > Curse of doom > etc...). The goal is to stall for a bit with the Shadow Slashes to have the enemy's Whirlpool detonate on your Val'kyr's last turn instead of your Pandaren water spirit. This team doesn't work against No-No. I advise you to use Yellow Moth [4] (2,1,2) and Bat [4] (1,2,1) instead of Unborn Val'kyr and Pandaren Water Spirit against him.
This team makes really quick work of all the NPCs, but of course RNG is always the determining factor.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » June 20th, 2013, 2:48 am

This is probably considered cheesy, but I used 2 exploders plus a zandalari raptor (can't remember which one now).

Started with Netherspace Abyssal - the magic racial bonus prevents it from being 1-shotted, so get an attack or 2 in, then explode. Next comes Darkmoon Zeppelin, with Decoy as first move. Keep attacking with missile until the mechanical res happens (or the zep has low life, depending on enemy speed), then explode. Usually, the enemy pet is down at this stage. If not, use the raptor to finish.

Using this team, I managed to kill all of them first try. I did this for the longest day achi and haven't done the elites since (cba, tbh).

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Deepfriedegg » June 20th, 2013, 7:18 am

I know everyone has a crapton of bandages but having different teams for each of the BoF pet family saves a bit of them. That is why I didnt even try to come up with universal team and Im just switching my teams with an addon

Axordil
Pet Score:4792
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Axordil » June 20th, 2013, 7:02 pm

Every time I try an apocalyptic fable team the meteor misses. :shock: The UV/Water spirit/Chrom team has built in redundancy against RNG I have grown to appreciate.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » June 21st, 2013, 2:51 am

Axordil wrote:Every time I try an apocalyptic fable team the meteor misses.
The caster of apocalypse must be alive when the meteor comes down or it'll miss.
Axordil wrote:The UV/Water spirit/Chrom team has built in redundancy against RNG I have grown to appreciate.
Unless the turtle one-hits chrominius.

Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Post by Papazol » June 21st, 2013, 3:29 am

Modern version BoF is a little hardier first one, but just a little, cose it is still possible to build fight from % of their hp.
My team for more of them is:
- Nether Faerie Dragon for Life Exchange
- Darkmoon Zeppelin for Decoy and Explode
- Stunted Shardhorn for Trample
For 2 healers I change Zep for Gilnean Raven with Call Darkness

I start from Faerie and after it loses like half hp, I use LE. If I see that next atack will kill drake before I can do it, I just switch on Zep, put decoy and run back for Faerie. After his death beast doesnt have more then 1k hp or even less. 2d pet is Zep. If it used decoy for drake he just atack to low hp and Explode. Another way - put decoy, atack, explode. Explode does 618 dmg what doesnt halfed BoF buff. If beast is still alive (just few of them can hold it), my favorite - Shardhorn puts him down with Trample, what does 10% unmissed unresistable dmg. So, even if pure dmg for turtle will be 3 points, bonus dmg still be 200. GG, bandage, next beast.

Darrenaf1
Pet Score:2400
Realm:Nordrassil-us

Post by Darrenaf1 » June 26th, 2013, 12:40 am

For Nitun I use Darkmoon Zep,put bomb on him,then put up decoy. Bring in fox,howl,2 bites,swap out before he kills you with ravage. Any other beast after this should kill him.

Hemie143
Pet Score:2032
Realm:Alonsus-eu

Post by Hemie143 » June 26th, 2013, 2:47 am

I can't say about the others but No-no is easy to beat. I did it with an uncommon Yulu Moth of level 23.
Maybe I was lucky, but it worked.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » June 26th, 2013, 11:27 am

I've used an Apocalypse team to beat Nitun once because he was just a pain after the change. I've since switched to the Val, Water Spirit Chrominius team to beat him. Everyone else I use an obvious counter team.

For Aquatic it is Yellow moth (p/p), some other moth and my Vampiric batling. Depending on the enemy and how things go I may only need the first moth to win.

For Beast I use Darkmoon tonk, Zep and another mechanical pet. I've tried a couple different for the third slot and it doesn't really seem to matter as they don't get used or barely get used.

My critter killer combo is a Kun-Lai Runt and two raptors with hunting party and black claw. Mangle + black Claw + hunting party debuff means the second round of hunting party is hitting the fabled beasts for 500-700 a hit depending on if they've knocked the pet down into the beast racial or not. Easily finishes any of the critters no matter what they do for heals.

Ridgebj
Pet Score:3993
BattleTag®:dds#1808
Realm:Gundrak-us

Post by Ridgebj » June 30th, 2013, 8:27 am

My bof teams:

aquatic
1. S/S rare crow
2. Rare gilnean raven
3. Any moth (backup not normally needed)

Darkness
Murder until dead
Nocturnal strike
peck or darkness if needed

Beast
1. Unborn valkyr
2. Lil' xt
3. Anything with a strong attack vs beasts. I use a dragon kite (backup hardly ever needed)

Curse of doom
Unholy ascension
Shadow slash (dead)

Xe-321 boombot
Zap until dead
The delay on curse of doom and boombot normally kills beast without worrying about them below 50%

Critter
1. S/S rare Alpine Fox
2. P/P rare fjord worg pup
3. Your choice (kun-lai runt or a direhorn)

Howl
leap
Bite, bite
Repeat
Don't be afraid to swap pets on nitun to avoid him killing and healing

Ridgebj
Pet Score:3993
BattleTag®:dds#1808
Realm:Gundrak-us

Post by Ridgebj » June 30th, 2013, 8:33 am

For ti'un I use a special apocalypse team

1. H/H Rare Nether roach
2. Rare Minfernal
3. H/H rare Shore crab

Apocalypse
swap to crab and stay alive
If crab dies swap to minfernal and stay alive

R3ib

Post by R3ib » July 1st, 2013, 9:38 pm

As I believe has been mentioned, for the BoF quests... "Chrominius" is my key pet used in all but one of the fights. He generally gets sacrificed during "recovery", but he knocks off at least half the boss' health every time...

On bosses that "healing" is an issue... "G. Raven" works well, reducing the amount of healing, plus being a "flying" pet... it generally goes first... ;)

Dawayn
MVP
Pet Score:4305
BattleTag®:Dawayn#2413
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Dawayn » July 2nd, 2013, 1:08 pm

I found this Universal-team setup on a forum and have been using it ever since. Forgot who posted it but thanks to that person:

Start with Unborn Val'kyr. First Unholy Ascension, after the val'kyr returns to life: Curse of Doom
Switch to Pandaren Water Spirit: First Geyser and then Whirlpool
Finally Chrominius with Howl.

After howl everything will explode at once, 9 out of 10 times the opponent will be killed instantly. If not, use Chrominius's Surge of Powet to finish the job