Opinion - When a match ends as a 'draw'

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Charnyl
Pet Score:11314
Realm:Laughing Skull-us
Opinion - When a match ends as a 'draw'

Post by Charnyl » June 17th, 2013, 8:43 am

I've run across this a few times, and I'm curious what others think/do in this situation. Basically, both players lose because one (or both) are left with an Undead on its rebirth round, or because a dot ticks off and kills the last pet standing even though one person has already been defeated. So at the end of the match all the pets are dead and nobody wins. Sometimes it's pretty obvious that the win really 'belonged' to, and sometimes it really is a draw. When this happens to me, and I feel that the win belonged to the other person, then I'll forfeit so they get the win. I'm curious to see if anyone else out there feels the same, or if I'm just being silly.

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Re: Opinion - When a match ends as a 'draw'

Post by Gromagrim » June 17th, 2013, 10:08 am

Ask a pvp warlock if a DoT kill after you die is a genuine kill or not ;)

Honestly, though I hate it when it happens to me (losing to undead or DoT) I understand that in a turn-based game, it's the long strategy that counts, and if you both die, you both die!

Madsen
Pet Score:2729

Post by Madsen » June 18th, 2013, 12:35 pm

I forfeit if the other guy deserves the win. If he landed 2 of the stupid 25% stun abilities then i might not be so inclined.

Violetfemme
Top Rater
Pet Score:4120
BattleTag®:Violet#1301
Realm:Aegwynn-us

Post by Violetfemme » June 18th, 2013, 12:54 pm

Is there actually time to forfeit at the end of the battle? I had this happen to me once recently and my last pet (Darkmoon Zeppelin) died. Then my bombing run came down and killed the opponent's pet. I don't remember having enough time to consider forfeiting before the game loaded me back out of the battle. I guess I'll see for the next time, because I do think that if it is clear who the winner should have been, then one should forfeit to allow the other to win the match. Unless they put in an achievement for "x" number of "draw" matches. :idea: They could award a pet for it too...lol, now I'm just dreaming up ways to get myself more pets.

Madsen
Pet Score:2729

Post by Madsen » June 18th, 2013, 4:35 pm

You can't forfeit once you have both picked abilities. You would see that the situation is such that you cannot possibly win, but if you want you can force a draw. In that case you pass or forfeit so the battle wasn't pointless.

Slab
Pet Score:3088
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Slab » June 18th, 2013, 4:56 pm

Charnyl wrote:Sometimes it's pretty obvious that the win really 'belonged' to...
What you think is "obvious" isn't always obvious (or even agreed upon) to others. Therefore, you can't do anything.

I've had a lot of draws, they drive me nuts .. but admittedly, more of them are my "fault" than my opponents.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049

Post by Ril » June 19th, 2013, 5:01 am

hmm. this is a hard one. there are few situations where fleeing makes sense because of the possibility to miss. when both pets are low (or the undead has it's undead proc up), and mine doesn't have any dots or similar up, then there is always the chance of dodging the next attack, or a miss.

when my last pet is an undead which just died the first time, then it makes sense to forfeit, because there is no chance for me to win this battle next round. i might as well forfeit so that at least the battle wasn't a waste of time for both of us.