PvP Pet Battle Delays change **FINALLY**

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us
PvP Pet Battle Delays change **FINALLY**

Post by Dragonwizard » June 17th, 2013, 5:57 am

So it seems they are finally doing something about the people who like to stall in battles.

PvP Pet Battle Delays
This is actually something we're planning to address in Patch 5.4. Simply put, round timers in PvP Pet Battles will get progressively shorter for a player who takes more than 15 seconds to issue a command during their turn. This change is planned to take effect in a future PTR build, so please be sure to test it out and share your feedback with us!

[url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9281859049?page=1#11]Source[/url]
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: PvP Pet Battle Delays change **FINALLY**

Post by Tahsfenz » June 17th, 2013, 6:24 am

Good. Though I only ran I to 1 person whi tried to stall and when he realized I wasn't leaving, he forfeited.

Eutectic
Pet Score:1465
Realm:Dark Iron-us

Post by Eutectic » June 17th, 2013, 6:32 am

The only thing I was worried about was sometimes due to the sudden location changes my video card tweaks out - this keeps me from losing more than a round (usually pet pick).

Good move, Blizzard.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » June 17th, 2013, 6:41 am

I've been on both sides of this, though my delays were not intentional (kid fell out of bed so had to AFK) and can honestly say I've only been victim to this 2 or 3 times. I just waited him out, and claimed the wins... slowly :P

The change is good though, but what happens when the timer reaches a zero count? insta-turns for your team so you can spam attacks and nail them faster?