Brutal Pet Brawler - Really Fun, but Anti climactic finish

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Rhonstifor
Pet Score:7037
Realm:Earthen Ring-us
Brutal Pet Brawler - Really Fun, but Anti climactic finish

Post by Rhonstifor » June 15th, 2013, 5:22 pm

So, got my Brutal Pet Brawler achieve last night. At least 5 of the last 7 or 8 battles were instant forfeits, including the one that got me to 250. No fun there, but I had a blast most of the rest of the time.

I always try to come up with unusual teams, and I try and avoid using the super common pets. I don't think I used my Anub Idol even once, and I somehow find swap teams extremely irritating ( usually quite beatable, especially with a nice fast rabbit ) so although I did use a Broom, Creepy Crate, Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot team for a whole string of victories early on, I just can't bring myself to use swap pets.

So with that, even though the the Direhorns are about as common as you can get ( which I love since I use a lot of robots ), I will probably be a big hypocrite and play around with my new Stunted Direhorn :)

At least that is the least common of the Direhorns :) I have to say, it made me happy to see how few on this sight have a Stunted Direhorn since my collection is pretty lacking in uncommon pets.

I hope they put in more pet rewards for pet PvP achieves, since I am pretty hooked. I only got into this in the last month, but it has been a blast. And this website definitely makes it more fun!

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: Brutal Pet Brawler - Really Fun, but Anti climactic fini

Post by Tahsfenz » June 15th, 2013, 9:30 pm

I started the other day and am up to about 80 wins. (50 on me, 30 on my wife). I'm using a team I read on here, though with a few changes. My wife insists I'm addicted and I sincerely hope they add more PvP awards. What would be nice is after x number of wins, you open up a new tier at a vendor with different rewards you can buy. Maybe with a new pet currency or even lesser coins.

Tuatha
Top Rater
Pet Score:3297
BattleTag®:tuatha#1660
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Tuatha » June 16th, 2013, 3:10 am

Congrats! Now the trick is to get him in a team with some synergy. I thought about a moth with its 25% chance to slow the enemy, but that only lasts 2 turns. Then there's a fox, but two beasts with a lot of mechanicals out specifically for the direhorns is ugly. I decided to skip the synergy and just go with P/P pets (moth & harbinger--synergy in attack types vs weaknesses for the most part, at least), which has been fun, although not quite as successful as even my basic Darkness or Conflag teams can be.

Lately I've subbed a Sunreaver for the moth and have seen a noticeable increase in wins. If I had a Son of Animus, it would be interesting to check out.

@ Tahs: It is addicting. I've also taken teams I've read about and modified them, and had a lot of fun doing so. I have 7-8 teams I constantly rotate between, because playing the same team 20+ fights in a row gets old. At least three of those teams are variations of specific teams developed by someone else. I would encourage others to create multiple teams and switch them up often. I love it when I switch out teams and run into a perfect counter to the team I had just played, just as much as I feel disappointed when I lose to a team and switch to a better counter team and beat that same team several times in a row. Switch it up, people. But in the long run I'll take the wins, because my eye is on 5000.

Jodmos
Pet Score:6700
Realm:Bloodhoof-eu

Post by Jodmos » June 16th, 2013, 5:30 am

have they fixed the bug with isntant forfeits not counting as wins? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

Index
Pet Score:12796
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » June 16th, 2013, 5:42 am

Yes, the instant forfeit now counts as a win, but low level characters will not get an XP. I sorta see the reason why.