Blizzard Store exclusive pets...which is your favorite?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sparkwidget
Pet Score:426
Realm:Azuremyst-us
Blizzard Store exclusive pets...which is your favorite?

Post by Sparkwidget » June 15th, 2013, 1:50 am

Hello!

So, my fiance is being a sweetheart and letting me pick a battle pet to buy off of Blizzard's store. SQUEEE! But I'm having issues picking which one I want! I know that the Cinder Kitten is the top-rated purchasable one on warcraftpets, but I just figured I'd ask for some input. :) Which ones are your favorites? Which ones are cutest? Which ones are fantastic in battles? All that jazz!

I really like:
*Cinder Kitten- Super cute. The noises when you click it are adorable. A lot of people on my server seem to have it though.
*Blossoming Ancient- It's a good looking pet! And not a lot of people have it yet. Plus the season color-changing thing is very cool.
*Moonkin Hatchling- My druid is a boomkin. Plus it's adorable.
*Cenarion Hatchling- So cute! Plus, I'm working on getting the flameward hippogriff mount...this would be a cute little buddy for it.
*Guardian Cub- I think this little guy is soooooo stinkin cute and has some adorable animations! Lots of love for this little guy. Haven't seen it in action though, just a couple youtube videos.
*Gryphon Hatchling- Pretty cute, but I'm not sure I love it as much as the others. But, plushy!
*Windrider Cub- Also pretty cute and bonus plushy, but not as much love as the others I don't think.

What are your guys' thoughts? Thanks!

Tenshiame
Top Rater
Pet Score:3475
BattleTag®:AmaraAme#1364
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Blizzard Store exclusive pets...which is your favorite?

Post by Tenshiame » June 15th, 2013, 2:02 am

I prefer the cinder kitten myself. the moonkin hatchling has different colors, the alli one is darker then the horde one, the cenarion hatchling has a TCG pet look alike. I wouldn't get the Gyrphon hatchling, it has a double that you can get in the wild in game, unless you really want the plush :D The blossoming ancient is pretty, changes colors with the seasons. But I still like the cinder kitten best

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » June 15th, 2013, 2:10 am

Its hard to chose between them, they are all cool ^^
But a few things:

Moonkin Hatchling: As a long time druid player i have to note how cool this little guy is, who doesnt love boomkins?! Also, he adds 2 pets to your collection, you can just make a low level of the other faction and pick him up from the mailbox. You can only summon and pet battle with the one fitting your faction, but im pretty sure both of them count for your collection number :)

Cinder Kitten: I have to agree with the masses voting on this site, and say that this one is probaly the cuteste of the pets, so if thats the most important part, you probaly want to get him :p

Gryphon Hatchling/Windrider Cub: These plushies are super cool, i know im really happy with the one i got, and i brought them as a present for one of my friends, and she is really happy for hers too. So if you like plushies and dont mind the extra cost, its really a nice choice.

Lil Ragnaros: You didnt mention this one (i assume he isnt cute enough :P), but he is pretty cool in pet battles, i dont know that much about pet battling, but i know i use this guy, and he does a ton of damage, since he always come with the max attack breed :)

Guardian Cub: I probaly wouldnt buy this on the blizz store, cause you can usualy find him on the AH, and he is (atleast on my server) only about 4k, so those 10 dollars could be used to buy some of the cheap tcg pets, that cost like 10k+ on the ah, but the same amount of rl money.

Anyways, good luck with chosing, im sure youll be happy with whatever one you buy ^_^

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » June 15th, 2013, 2:14 am

Tenshiame wrote:I prefer the cinder kitten myself. the moonkin hatchling has different colors, the alli one is darker then the horde one, the cenarion hatchling has a TCG pet look alike. I wouldn't get the Gyrphon hatchling, it has a double that you can get in the wild in game, unless you really want the plush :D The blossoming ancient is pretty, changes colors with the seasons. But I still like the cinder kitten best
Its a good point that the Gryphon can be caught ingame too, so it would probaly be a waste to get that one, i hadnt thought about that.
About the Cenarion Hatchling having a look alike, this is true, but he is pretty expensive, and is usualy around 60k on my server, i know its not so much youll never get it, but if you had it from the store, you could buy a lot of other pets for those gold :)

Sparkwidget

Post by Sparkwidget » June 15th, 2013, 4:20 am

Thanks for the input so far! :)

I'm a new-ish WoW player (only been playing for a few months), so I don't have massive amounts of gold yet.The guardian cub is going for 10k on my server, and is definitely a ways off yet, especially while saving up for artisan flying. ;)

At the risk of sounding like a total noob, because it's probably something totally obvious that isn't coming to me at the moment (it's 4:18AM here, so cut me some slack :lol: ), what is TCG? And what are the cenarion/gryphon hatchling lookalikes called and where can they be found? Could I get a link to their warcraftpets listings perhaps?

Thanks everyone! :)

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » June 15th, 2013, 5:10 am

Sparkwidget wrote:Thanks for the input so far! :)

I'm a new-ish WoW player (only been playing for a few months), so I don't have massive amounts of gold yet.The guardian cub is going for 10k on my server, and is definitely a ways off yet, especially while saving up for artisan flying. ;)

At the risk of sounding like a total noob, because it's probably something totally obvious that isn't coming to me at the moment (it's 4:18AM here, so cut me some slack :lol: ), what is TCG? And what are the cenarion/gryphon hatchling lookalikes called and where can they be found? Could I get a link to their warcraftpets listings perhaps?

Thanks everyone! :)
TCG is Trading Card Game, like magic or pokemon, wow has its own, and there is some rare "loot cards" in some of the packs, with mounts, pets and other vanity items :)

Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling is in twilight highlands, as i remember its a bit rare to find, but it shouldnt be a huge problem.
Hippogryph Hatchling is from the tcg as mention before, here on the site it says 65$ on ebay, so the 10$ on that looks exactly the same is probaly a better choice ^^

If the Guardian Cub is 10k on your AH, buying it from the petstore isnt a bad choice :)

Sparkwidget

Post by Sparkwidget » June 15th, 2013, 3:55 pm

Derp. I knew that. :lol:

I will definitely be catching the gryphon hatchling then, instead of buying it. Thanks for the tip! :)

I am thinking I might go with the guardian cub. I just think he's so cute. And who knows...my birthday's coming up, maybe a cinder kitten will find his way to my mailbox. ;)

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » June 15th, 2013, 4:04 pm

Sparkwidget wrote:Derp. I knew that. :lol:

I will definitely be catching the gryphon hatchling then, instead of buying it. Thanks for the tip! :)

I am thinking I might go with the guardian cub. I just think he's so cute. And who knows...my birthday's coming up, maybe a cinder kitten will find his way to my mailbox. ;)
hehe, lets hope so :P

Im sure youll be happy for him :)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 15th, 2013, 5:06 pm

Just wanted to point out that the Windrider Cub is sold out in the US store. You'll probably only find this plush/pet on auction sites like Ebay or Amazon. I'm not sure if the EU store is sold out or not, but unless you live in the EU, available or not doesn't really help your situation. >_<

My vote for cutest would have to be the Cinder Kitten, but they're all adorable in the end. :P The kitten isn't really the best for battling, though. If you're looking for a pet to use in pet battles from the store, I wouldn't recommend the Cinder Kitten.

I've heard a few people who enjoy using the Guardian Cub in pet battles. It's also really cute; it attempts to catch a little bug in the air. :) Then again, you could probably find this pet on the in-game AH.

If you want something new and neat looking, the Blossoming Ancient would be my pick. Our resident pet-theorycrafters are also [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4791#p36016]predicting[/url] that it may be an ok "tanky" pet for pet battles in the next patch.

I think the biggest factor in determining which one you want to purchase is which pet do you see yourself running around Azeroth with the most?
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » June 15th, 2013, 9:49 pm

My favorite is Lil' Rag. He works as a campfire, and his Rag sayings are really cute with his little voice! Plus I like using him in pet battles as he was my first level 25 elemental.

The Cinder Kitten is the absolute cutest though. Meow.
Just wanted to point out that the Windrider Cub is sold out in the US store.
I'm sure it will be back eventually. They know people want them.

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » June 15th, 2013, 10:09 pm

I'd have to say Cinder Kitten and Blossoming Ancient for me; Guardian Cub is up there too. The Ancient is even useful for telling when the seasons change in game :) bonus!

Sparkwidget

Post by Sparkwidget » June 18th, 2013, 12:51 am

I just wanted to update saying I DID get the guardian cub and I am totally in love. His different animations are SO cute, and he really fits well with my gnome shadow priest main. :) I haven't battled since I got him, so I can't say anything on that, but just as a buddy, he is definitely my favorite. :D

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » June 18th, 2013, 5:09 am

Sparkwidget wrote:I just wanted to update saying I DID get the guardian cub and I am totally in love. His different animations are SO cute, and he really fits well with my gnome shadow priest main. :) I haven't battled since I got him, so I can't say anything on that, but just as a buddy, he is definitely my favorite. :D
Congratz! He is indeed a very cute pet ^^
I hope this is a start for another big collector :P

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799

Post by Morlis » June 18th, 2013, 4:37 pm

I really like the pets that they put out that actually benefited a worth cause such as Cinder Kitten for Hurricane Sandy(<--named my kitty that) and the Cenarion Hatchling for Japan when they had their earthquake/tsunami damage. I do try to buy them in time for the money to be donated to those causes.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Darkalucard
Top Rater
Pet Score:2353
BattleTag®:Alucard#2966
Realm:Nemesis-eu

Post by Darkalucard » June 19th, 2013, 5:14 am

Cinder Kitten, Moonkin, Ragnaros and the Lich!

Sparkwidget

Post by Sparkwidget » June 27th, 2013, 11:40 pm

I ended up getting the moonkin hatchling with the sale....love that little guy! I keep trying to catch him in the act of planting the flowers, but he always seems to know when I look away. :roll:

And a guildie sent me the Gryphon Hatchling for my birthday (they are so sweet)...and he is SO cute. I love having him fly with his daddy. <3 And the plushie is really nice quality, very soft too...looks great in our den with our other various memorabilia (we call it the nerd cave :lol: ).

Elende
MVP
Pet Score:2627

Post by Elende » July 6th, 2013, 2:26 pm

Grats on all your new buddies! :D I love the Guardian Cub b/c I am a big fan of the old Christmas movie Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer, and the cub reminds me of the king of the island of misfit toys. I named mine after him--- Moonraiser. The Cinder Kitten is a tie for favorite though-- and both Lil' Rag and Lil' KT are favorites b/c of chuckles from almost giving me and/or group members a heart attack during raid downtime-- KT has got a scary weird laugh coming from who knows where-- and Lil' Rag follows you around and pops out of the ground just when you don't expect him! :lol:

Beana
Top Rater
Pet Score:13311
BattleTag®:Beana#1484
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Beana » July 6th, 2013, 4:29 pm

I love my lil rags for pvp! The trap he lays is unmatched and normally a surprise to the opponent. That's just me I've had good luck with him. Is windrider cub STILL sold... If they never bring it back they should make the cub trade able... Think of what you'd get for it! Then again I know blizzard had said at some point they don't want everything trade able. So my extra vampiric battling will never have an owner.