5 Round Death to Dos Ryga

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Shalako
Pet Score:875
Realm:Fenris-us
5 Round Death to Dos Ryga

Post by Shalako » June 14th, 2013, 6:27 pm

I was starting to wonder what on azeroth will I ever need all these pet bandages for. I guess luck was on my side yesterday and three flyers beat dos ryga but I was one shot from being dead too. Then today comes along and I'm thinking man everyone is complaining about this guy? please...
I bet I died 15-20 times then I found the magic ticket, try this out and see if you get the same results.

highlands Turkey , used flock then got one peck off and died.

chromius, still had 1 round of debuff on dos ryga, and hit surge of power

and that was it!!!!

UPDATE: Just did it again for fun and guess what? I solo killed dos ryga with turkey alone!
FLOCK, PECK, PECK, over

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Re: 5 Round Death to Dos Ryga

Post by Lolfixheal » June 14th, 2013, 6:58 pm

I use a shattered defences strategy aswell. In fact my Jikun hatchling opens with Wild Winds, then flock until death. 1-2 rounds of debuffs usually left and 12-1400hp left on Dos-Ryga for my 2nd pet. My Yellow Moth PP Moth Dust boom dead but yeah Chrominius' Surge does the same trick oO!

Shattered Defenses values are calculated wrong and thus actually giving you a 50% damage bonus against BoF. Somehow the formula calculates the -50% and +100% values additive instead of multiplicative and thus equalizing each other out.

Shalako

Post by Shalako » June 14th, 2013, 7:02 pm

I just went 4/5 with this technique. Some of it has to do with when he uses his abilities, hits and misses. But I think this is the way to go. Anyway, just pumped about this now. Seems like I got tunnel vision and wasn't thinking to use those 3 round abilities , maybe because a simple shield spell blocks all of that stuff so i don't think of it as powerful? Which it turns out to be, I am going to try this in pvp now, I think it will throw a loop against some of the teams I face. Nobody uses shields that I face in pvp.

Shalako

Post by Shalako » June 14th, 2013, 7:04 pm

Dang! hope they don't fix that. Forget what I said guys, nothing to see here....

Nivrax
Pet Score:2635
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Nivrax » June 15th, 2013, 2:53 am

100% damage taken into Surge of Power is very common and most likely fastest tactic to kill most BoFs. For even better fun, take Valkyr -> doom, ascension, swipe -> chrom, howl, surge. It's mostly because debuff makes pet go from -50% damage taken to +50%, effectively tripling damage they take instead of doubling.

For PvP, anyone will just swap pets once they got debuffed, and Flock-type ablities are hard countered by Sandstorm (Anub idols are one of most popular pets).

Spary
Pet Score:10075
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Spary » June 15th, 2013, 11:10 am

Try using the P/P raptors with their debuff and stampede ... nice numbers, even without switching ;)

PS: There are "Countdowns/Debuff-Combos" in PvP where you can not switch out - you have to eat them (and they are painfull) or just have a Deflect or something ready (most don't have because this special debuff hides when you switch your pet out and still detonates on the frontpet)

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » June 17th, 2013, 10:43 am

I've found that a debuff and blow up strategy works best for dos ryga. I've beaten it with moths or other counter pets but it can be pretty random based on what abilities he uses and if I happen to get lucky on the dust putting him to sleep. My blow him up crew is one that was posted on the forums here. Unborn valk, pandaren water elemental and Chrominius. Start with the valk and hit ascension first to the the 25% debuff. On his rebirth round hit doom. Swap to the water elemental and hit geyser and then whirlpool just like he does when you fight him. Then swap to Chrominius and howl. Doom, geyser and whirlpool will all hit and probably kill him. If not he's stunned surge should finish him off easily.

I haven't tried raptors against Dos but I do use a Kun Li runt and two raptors as my critter killing legendary crew. Mangle + black claw + hunting party = huge hits even against the legendaries.

Darkke
Top Rater
Pet Score:7826
Realm:Daggerspine-us

Post by Darkke » June 18th, 2013, 8:23 am

Obvious point is obvious, but this also works for beast-type beasts of fable. I used a zandalari raptor for the shattered defenses / black claw, then nuked with the Darkmoon Tonk - Ion Cannon. I hit gorespine last night for a bit over +1200.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » June 19th, 2013, 3:17 pm

I have a similar tactic for Dos-Ryga; start with a flock-capable pet, which will hopefully die leaving him with 2 rounds worth of damage buff. Then I switch in a big hitter (Gilnean Raven for me) who kills the big fish in 2 hits (darkness, nocturnal strike).

Something similar to this works with No-No too, though he can sometimes mess things up by building his dam at the wrong time.

As others have noted, Ti'un's tendency to use Shell shield makes flock useless against him, so I just start with Darkmoon Hatchling and keep spamming Trample (he often blocks the actual attack, but the extra 10% hit always hits for full).

Memnochlv
Pet Score:3533
Realm:Black Dragonflight-us

Post by Memnochlv » July 5th, 2013, 5:03 am

In another post http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... =20#p39404 is my strategy for all Beasts of Fable fights.

Cluey
Pet Score:11369
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Cluey » July 7th, 2013, 2:57 pm

Heh, I just use Call Darkness against him.
Crow, Dark Whelpling and Brilliant Kaliri.
I start with the Crow, Call Darkness and see what he casts, if it's Whirlpool I swap to the Dark Whelpling to use Lift-Off avoiding a breath and the Whirlpool damage. If it isn't Whirlpool I use Nocturnal Strike and see what happens round two.

I might try this debuff method though as sometimes he just destroys me!

It's almost 6am and my brain is failing, the evil turtle who's name escapes me.
I've had him just cast Shield, Pump and then Wave until all my birds are dead. Then other times he just one shots them all in six rounds.
Evil turtle. :-(

Leesh42
Pet Score:13233
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Leesh42 » July 10th, 2013, 9:20 am

Tiun the Wanderer. He's awful. Though, after this latest patch (is it just me or does each patch seem to 'upgrade' the fabled pets? I swear Nitun heals himself full after every battle sometimes). I use my anodized robo-cub's supercharge then demolish and hope for no misses to damage him down to where he can't heal fully, then moths (or other fliers with the cocoon strike) to avoid some of the damage. I find that moths work better than birtds for Tiun, especially if moth dust hits.

Dos-Ryga mocks me. Every time I think I have a working formula it doesn't. Though yesterday I used two mechanicals and a turtle against him, which worked rather well. Go figure.

Slick
Pet Score:1771
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Slick » July 11th, 2013, 12:56 pm

Dos Ryga strat:

Anklerender, and Kneebiter. Black Fang, then hunting party. Anklerender will get him low, then hunting party again with kneebiter. if he doesn't die from that then I just hit him with his devour move and he dies. Never fails.