Is there any pet that benefits from B/B?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
J_whiskey
Pet Score:1838
BattleTag®:JWhiskey#1714
Realm:Shadowsong-us
Is there any pet that benefits from B/B?

Post by J_whiskey » June 14th, 2013, 3:25 pm

I have begun either not capturing or replacing any rare B/B breeds unless the pet is limited to only that breed since I can't think of any instance where it would be beneficial.

I know of at least one pet that has bonuses for being slower than the opponent, but in that case an H/H or P/P would still be better than a B/B.

Am I right?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Is there any pet that benefits from B/B?

Post by Luciandk » June 14th, 2013, 3:29 pm

Yep, the pretty much only reason to go B/B is if the pet doesnt exist in any better variants. A B/B pet only have 15 attribute points. Whereas other breeds may have 17, 18 or 20.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » June 14th, 2013, 6:57 pm

some argue that the B/B val'kyr is superior because it has more power than the H/H one for suicide strats. thats the only situation that comes to my mind where a B/B is seen as better than an other available breed.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » June 14th, 2013, 7:09 pm

Regarding the Valkyr, its only a 5% dmg difference compared to 15% health :p

Top of my head, Tirisfal Batling, the AT pet one is actually best in BB last I looked at it. But as it was said earlier, breeds where the other options are even worse, the BB is the best. In most 2 breed situations where you got XB and BB, ill take the XB for the slight stat increase.>

In general no pet benefits from a straight out balance setup, that's spreading your points too thin and every pet is used for a purpose, tanky, speedy, hardhitting etc. Theres a reason people use Yellow Moth PP, Emperor Crab PP, SS variants.

The speedy versions aren't speedy enough and other pets with same moveset has better speed options.
EDIT: Golden Dragonhawk Hatchling BB ! :P (Silver, Red SS)
EDIT2: Senegal BB ! (Cockatiel SS)
EDIT3: Water Waveling can be discussed, HS vs BB. Both shit in my eyes.