Blossoming Ancient - a horrible idea

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
3wd
Realm:Windrunner-us
Blossoming Ancient - a horrible idea

Post by 3wd » June 14th, 2013, 3:11 pm

This pet will be even much worse than magical crawdad,

sunlight + Ironbark (weak 100% attack but with a shield effect) + Autumn Breeze (aoe heal plus a aoe hit -25%)

this kind of combo is just ridiculous, combine this with an Anubisath Idol (sandstorm) + a Crawdad (mists/shield + wish),

all I can say is : LOL

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Blossoming Ancient - a horrible idea

Post by Luciandk » June 14th, 2013, 3:24 pm

Autumn Breeze have 4 turn cd and it only heals the team for 177 at lvl 25. The hit debuff only lasts for 2 turns.

3wd
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by 3wd » June 14th, 2013, 3:45 pm

Luciandk wrote:Autumn Breeze have 4 turn cd and it only heals the team for 177 at lvl 25. The hit debuff only lasts for 2 turns.
Sure,

but with Ironbark that every round else you will get a shield? How much HP you will lose in 4 rounds?

also mind you the heal is 25% more under sunlight.

If that's not enough, once your HP is about 3/4 to 1/2, cast Autumn Breeze and switch to a crawdad and make your wish and repeat the same cycle again?

Oh, to make it more fun, how about adding the idol for a sandstorm, granted elemental will not get extra dmg reduction in 5.3 yet (but will in 5.4), but -35% hit penalty is just LOL.

would you enjoy this kind of fight at all?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » June 14th, 2013, 3:55 pm

Remember, elementals IGNORE weather. You dont get the sunlight bonus. Come 5.4 you will get the good effect of weather.

I tried him out against the pandaria tamers, leveled to 25. Dies too fast imo, the healing cant keep up with incomming damage. Emerald Proto Whelp is a lot better at being tanky imo.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » June 14th, 2013, 4:42 pm

Autumn Breeze is ok but not particularly great. The only issue I see is that when elementals benefit from weather, then Photosynthesis + Sunlight will be way too efficient. Photosynthesis is base 6 healing, doubled under Sunlight *and* will get +25% from Sunlight in 5.4, for a total of 15 base healing (222 healing per turn with the Blossoming Ancient's 276 power, or 1110 over Photosynthesis' duration). But on the flip side, the Ancient only hits for 222 with Ironbark. For comparison, Crawdad hits for ~300, heals for ~940 every 5 turns, and has a comparably sized shield. My suspicion is that Ancient will end up being very similar: overpowered healing, but still not that dangerous because his damage is so low.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » June 15th, 2013, 9:47 pm

I saw three of these today. Didn't have any problem with them, but made me think of getting one and leveling it to try it out. I don't think many people know how to play him yet, but that may soon change.

Katzbalger
Pet Score:3554
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by Katzbalger » June 16th, 2013, 5:50 pm

If they take sunlight, not a problem, if they take stun seed, it's a pain. Just started seeing these in PVP yesterday and I had such a nightmare vs them I started running with a Pandaren Water Spirit

Restofarian
Top Rater
Pet Score:4064
BattleTag®:Restofarian#1262
Realm:Azralon-us

Post by Restofarian » June 16th, 2013, 8:56 pm

Didnt level mine yet, but I think it would be cool if moveset also changed with the seasons. It would make him more unique yet :)

Spary
Pet Score:10075
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Spary » June 17th, 2013, 8:34 am

This kind of "Meatshield"-Team already exists (even more effective I guess)

Ever tried Idol+Stinker (Sandstorm and double heal), played them together with a Broom since December, its a fearsome combo that has nearly no weakness if played correctly. Only very few teams can stand against them if played correctly, let alone a single pet. Since 5.3 this changed a bit, mostly because of the insane amount of switcher pets and because of this stupid overpowered trihorn ;) - but it still wins 8 to 10 out of 10 ;)

Sure You should bring some time when doing pet battles with this team, think the longest fight I had was around 120 turns ... ;)

(The clue is to not let the broom die, it's your DD and if he does - it will be a long way ...)

PS: And don't play this team if you are in danger of some heart attack, because You may see a miss of this one crucial attack that needs to hit way to often ;)

Khayah
Pet Score:2454
Realm:Aegwynn-eu

Post by Khayah » June 17th, 2013, 10:45 am

Spary, just because of your team description it instantly came across my mind who you are :lol: Greetings & Have fun!