Pet Peeves...

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ladymagical
Pet Score:3368
BattleTag®:emetia#1311
Realm:Barthilas-us
Pet Peeves...

Post by Ladymagical » June 13th, 2013, 9:42 pm

Searching the AH today I found a bunch of stoned pets I needed when looking closer though they were all B/B breeds of pets that had much better breeds... one of my biggest pet peeves >.< What is your biggest pet peeve?

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Re: Pet Peeves...

Post by Mehetabel » June 14th, 2013, 3:46 am

Since I have no interest in breeds I'm thankfully spared that particular peeve. ;)

My biggy would probably be RNG pets, particularly the Darkmoon Rabbit and the new Moon Moon which, because I'm rather impatient, usually end up in me spending obscene amounts of gold on the AH. :roll:
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » June 14th, 2013, 3:48 am

I like the breeds for giving pet collecting an extra level of complexity - Even if I'm not planning to use the pet in battles, I still make sure I've got the optimal breed before I use a stone on them.

Crazypants
Top Rater
Pet Score:11592
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Crazypants » June 14th, 2013, 7:28 am

Loosing a PVP battle due to an attack missing that should be hitting 100% of the time with no obvious reason for it to miss (Darkness, sandstorm, etc...) has been a frequent frustrating occurrence lately.

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » June 14th, 2013, 10:09 am

At the moment, my biggest Pet Peeve is that Blizzard took away the character XP for PVE pet battles (after all the bally hoo when they added it). For me, pet battles were a fun alternative to the boring grind of repeating the same ole quests for yet another alt. Apparently, they will still award character xp for PVP pet battles, assuming that you win...and this seems to be blatant manipulation to drag people into PVP whether they like it or not. I am seriously p-o'd at Blizzard for this sneaky nerf. :(

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » June 14th, 2013, 10:12 am

My levelling alt was getting xp from tamer battle a couple of days ago, are you referring to wild pet battles, or have they hotfixed this in past day or so?

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » June 14th, 2013, 10:16 am

Gromagrim wrote:My levelling alt was getting xp from tamer battle a couple of days ago, are you referring to wild pet battles, or have they hotfixed this in past day or so?
i think he is referring to wild battle.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » June 14th, 2013, 2:12 pm

mine is pvp battles where it is clear the opponents main tactic is to stall to get you to quit. Nothing like 3 tank/healing pets and then the person waiting to the very last second to select their ability.

My other, which I have gotten over, was flight paths and CRZ showing rare pets all over the place, and then landing and them not being there.

Finally. crit-killing rare pets I am trying to capture. I swear my crit rate is 5% for normal fights, and 99% on the last hit before something is cageable. It is even more funny when it is like a bird with the 1-3 attacks. Not only do you get the 3 attacks,, but two of them crit.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » June 14th, 2013, 4:57 pm

Azrile wrote:Finally. crit-killing rare pets I am trying to capture. I swear my crit rate is 5% for normal fights, and 99% on the last hit before something is cageable. It is even more funny when it is like a bird with the 1-3 attacks. Not only do you get the 3 attacks,, but two of them crit.

Use a Terrible Turnip, there isn't a capturable pet out there that can take a level 25 Turnip out before you get it low enough to cage. It may take a little longer to get down but you will never take it below 1hp at least.

My biggest pet peeve would have to be my horrible RNG when it comes to misses during PvP battles.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Drompezz
Pet Score:4935
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Drompezz » June 14th, 2013, 5:25 pm

Thank god I'm not the only one mad at a crazy miss for no reason costing me a win in a pvp pet battle.

Nivrax
Pet Score:2635
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Nivrax » June 15th, 2013, 7:11 am

I hate RNG on misses. A miss of 90% hit spell with 5 sec CD like Nether Gate used against pet that is strong against you to swap it out means more often than not that you lost, unless enemy have similar fumble and you don't.

Even worse are RNG cc's. 25% to stun your pet? Of course it will happen, here have 2 turns disadvantage.

I dislike how only Rare pets matter and everything below is just fodder. I'd prefer if all pets have same power in stats (still with different breeds) and rarity/colour was something gained by amount of kills done by said pet, sort of rank system.

I dislike how people can forfeit once they see your team without penalty. You should get at least 5min deserter debuff if you chicken out, and even early escapes should give other team win.

I hate how much Sandstorm hard-counters dots and multi-attacks. I understand that Aquatic Crab with Shell will not feel dots, but I don't see why a weather effect should have such strong effect over 9 turns through pet swaps. And next patch, Elementals get to use the effect too, guess what group of pets have most Sandstorm in their arsenal? I don't mind weather designed to help against such things, but it should be at best a 50% version of shell, otherwise running dot team is insta-loose against Anub Idol or Sandling, similarly Swarm like skills are complete waste.

I dislike how anti-dragonkin is current meta. They get slaughtered by humans. To counter humans, undeads are used, which dragon attacks are weak against. They don't take much damage from flyers, but there is very few of them that are good, and most run with Crow/Raven with Darkness, a move that is nuke good against dragons. Magic pets are quite rare (oozes due to anti-dot sandstorm), and if they happen, it's usually a broom that can swap your dragon out. And even further, magic pets racial works against big hits, something dragons are build for (+50% against magic, +50% racial active) which kinda negates its main strength.

I dislike how Blizz still haven't fixed AH UI. Previously, ticking 'can use' box would filter out pets I already collected. Now I have to sit through all of them, 2 lists even for some reason.

I dislike how pet biscuits aren't account bound, if my alt needs coins I have to clear dailies on it, then log main to collect bags.

I dislike how on pvp realms, gankers have upper hand over you. If one attacks you, you are forced to close battle to have even chance to not die. No matter what you do, they always can make you loose the pet you are trying to capture, and there is no way short of having 1-2 people guarding your back to not get griefed. At least make pause option so once I kill him, I can go back and finish battle.

...so yeah, lots of things I would like to see improved on. I still love pet battles anyway, and hope they will fix those things in future.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » June 15th, 2013, 10:49 am

Nivrax wrote:even early escapes should give other team win.
They do, they just don't award exp.

It was hotfixed a little while ago. The same hotfix that broke wild pve exp, I believe.

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » June 15th, 2013, 3:04 pm

Jadax wrote:
Nivrax wrote:even early escapes should give other team win.
They do, they just don't award exp.

It was hotfixed a little while ago. The same hotfix that broke wild pve exp, I believe.
Ugh, I'm in the middle of moving, so I haven't done wild battles in a couple of weeks. I had noticed tamers weren't giving character xp after the battle, though. Is this unintended or are they doing away with character xp in wild battles for good? (I hope not, I have 4 toons at 89 right now that I had intended to level by leveling pets, argh)

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » June 15th, 2013, 3:09 pm

Relax, blues have acknowledged no wild xp is a bug.

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » June 16th, 2013, 5:43 pm

Luciandk wrote:Relax, blues have acknowledged no wild xp is a bug.
Cool, thanks! Maybe they'll fix it by the time I have time to battle again.

Violetfemme
Top Rater
Pet Score:4120
BattleTag®:Violet#1301
Realm:Aegwynn-us

Post by Violetfemme » June 16th, 2013, 11:10 pm

My pet peeve is finally finding a rare wild pet that I have been searching for, only to either kill it, or realize that it is the B/B breed and I'd rather have any of the better ones than that. It has happened to me on a few pets lately: Sandy Petrel, Clouded Hedgehog, Silent Hedgehog, Spiny Terapin, and Blighthawk (though I did get a P/S one right after). Fortunately, after leveling most of those to 25, I decided not to use them in my teams. If I need better, I'll go back and look one day.

I also have to agree with Ladymagical, I bought Direhorn Runt at AH, before I even realized it was a B/B. I saw the price, clicked to buy it, and then noticed the breed. :roll: Oh well, I leveled it and it is fun to use in various team setups.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » June 17th, 2013, 3:25 am

Might not be a common opinion here but I hate getting paired in PvP against pets I can't obtain with gold. I think cash shop pets should not be allowed in PvP, not should other pets only obtainable through cash like the Blizzcon rewards.

Adashiel
MVP
Pet Score:3297
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Adashiel » June 17th, 2013, 9:53 am

Ladymagical wrote:Searching the AH today I found a bunch of stoned pets I needed when looking closer though they were all B/B breeds of pets that had much better breeds...
Hah hah. I sold a bunch of those. When I was first leveling pets, I decided to ignore breeds except for the pets I used a lot. However, once I got everything to 25, I decided to replace all the pets with bad breeds, selling off the old ones when I could. I was surprised how much people were willing to spend on level 25 stoned pets, even with bad breeds. I guess most people don't really care.

As far as my pet peeves, that would be spawn camping. I hate hate hate it. When forced to do it, I can usually manage an hour or so at best, and after that I don't want to play the game at all for about a week. Needless to say, I don't have an Unborn Val'kyr yet.

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » June 18th, 2013, 8:59 am

I guess the only real Peeve i have with pets is putting pets in current-content raids. Now raid finder is alright (i seem to have really bad RNG with them for some reason) but when they start putting pets in normal modes, thats where I have to draw the line; its just not fair to those of us who don't have the time to raid, or don't wan't to do raids beyond raid finder. Seems like Blizzard is forcing us into raiding more and more.

Glorpin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3766
Realm:Stonemaul-us

Post by Glorpin » June 18th, 2013, 9:24 am

Biggest Pet Peeve is clearing all the pet raids and not getting one pet drop...seriously, after 22 bosses at least one pet should drop right? Oh well, RNG just sucks sometimes.