Color Changing Pets?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Silverthorn
MVP
Pet Score:13863
Realm:Staghelm-us
Color Changing Pets?

Post by Silverthorn » June 12th, 2013, 3:05 pm

I heard at one point that Blizzard fixed the color changing pets... then reversed it partially to preserve the color changing pets that were already collected. Are there still some color changing pets in players' collections or not?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Color Changing Pets?

Post by Quintessence » June 12th, 2013, 3:15 pm

The only two that were color-changers are the Dragon Kite and the Worg Pup. Any wild pet that color-changes is not intentional and should not change color.

I don't own a Dragon Kite so I can't test it out, but the Worg Pup seems dead set on sticking with its black fur for a few summons now. Hopefully it's still a color-changer. :(
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » June 12th, 2013, 3:23 pm

I can confirm that the dragon kite does still change colors, in the past couple of days I have seen mine go from Onyixian to green. I'm not sure on the worg pup though as I don't usually summon him out.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Shalymar
Pet Score:3745
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Shalymar » June 13th, 2013, 2:37 am

Also confirming there seems to be an issue with the Worg Pup not colour changing. He never comes out with anything other than black fur and I summoned him over a dozen times to test. I put in a bug request about it.

Dragon Kite is changing.

I saw somewhere that the Tol Barad Fox Kit might have had this ability at one point? Anyone else ever see that little guy color change?

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » June 13th, 2013, 1:01 pm

I have had the Tol Barad Fox Kit for over a year, and he was never a color changer.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » June 13th, 2013, 1:03 pm

My Dragon Kite changes colors when summoned, but is always black or Oxynian colored in battle :ugeek: