Account-wide pets question

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Edladd
Pet Score:1894
Realm:Draenor-eu
Account-wide pets question

Post by Edladd » August 2nd, 2012, 4:18 am

Hi guys,

Apologies if this has been addressed before, I looked through the previous posts and couldn't find the answer.

Are the account-wide pets also going to be cross-faction? So for example, if I make a Horde toon to buy up the easy vendor-bought pets on that side, will my Alli main get them too? I'm currently mostly unwilling to pay inflated prices for these pets on the AH, especially if I can wait a few months and get them for cheap.

Thanks,
Ed

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Re: Account-wide pets question

Post by Jadax » August 2nd, 2012, 5:59 am

Edladd wrote:Hi guys,

Apologies if this has been addressed before, I looked through the previous posts and couldn't find the answer.

Are the account-wide pets also going to be cross-faction? So for example, if I make a Horde toon to buy up the easy vendor-bought pets on that side, will my Alli main get them too? I'm currently mostly unwilling to pay inflated prices for these pets on the AH, especially if I can wait a few months and get them for cheap.

Thanks,
Ed
Yes, vendor bought pets will be crossfaction. (At the moment. It may change, though I doubt it.)
It seems, at the moment, that the BoP ones will be in the pet journal for both factions, but only the relevant faction will be able to summon it. So no Argent Gruntling on your Lv20 Gnome.

Edladd
Pet Score:1894
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Edladd » August 2nd, 2012, 7:36 am

Thanks Sunscorch, I think I'll roll a low level Hordie before MoP to pick up the snakes/dragonhawks etc.

Cheers,
Ed

Gaijin
Pet Score:9380
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Gaijin » August 3rd, 2012, 6:29 am

but eddad you dont need pay inflated prices from those pets, you can create a horde char and buy then and sell on neutral AH, ask a friend to be there to buy them for you as soon you put then on AH.
And if you dont desire do quest to get some gold to buy the pets just put an simple iten to sell on neutral aH to give yourself the gold that you will need. Like a grey iten for 20 golds, and again ask your friend to buy this iten, and it is donne your new char will have enough gold to buy all vendor pets and sell then to to your friend.

Most ppl dont do this or because they does not know that those pets are vendor ones or sometimes they does not care to spend extra money.

Another tip to buy horde pets, but now the argent tournament one, is again create a low level char and offer in trade chat, or even send a whisp or mail to someone that are selling them on AH and offer to buy them by neutral AH. It worked very well for me

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » August 3rd, 2012, 12:54 pm

If they really do mail us spare pets like they said they would (and at this point I'm not sure if they actually will, or which pets those will be), but if they do mail out anything and those are tradable (and what's the point of mailing them if they aren't), they'll be dirt cheap. It may be no hassle and almost no expense to get those pets once MoP hits. So there's really no reason you'd have to do anything now, you could just wait and see, I don't see how it could cost you more later. Of course if you're just looking for something to do until MoP hits, you could go ahead and roll a baby Horde. As for the Horde argent tournament pets, Gaijin, on my server they're usually cheaper on the Alliance AH than they are on the Horde AH, lol.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Gaijin
Pet Score:9380
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Gaijin » August 3rd, 2012, 3:02 pm

Lysi wrote: Gaijin, on my server they're usually cheaper on the Alliance AH than they are on the Horde AH, lol.
on my server they used cost in Ally AH twice the price of horde one, sometimes more than twice...