Countering Kun Lai Runts

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Countering Kun Lai Runts

Post by Luciandk » June 12th, 2013, 4:01 am

I had a thought to what would make a great Kun Lai Runt destroyer:

Rapana Whelk

A breed 5 of this snail have 260 speed, which will outspeed a breed 4 Kun Lai runt which most use. And most important at all, it have an undead attack in Absorb. Which will do extra damage and help keeping you alive. And critters takes less damage from elemental attacks and ignore the stun.

Enough of these snails appearing and the Kun Lai Runt should be forced out of the meta imo.

Restofarian
Top Rater
Pet Score:4064
BattleTag®:Restofarian#1262
Realm:Azralon-us

Re: Countering Kun Lai Runts

Post by Restofarian » June 12th, 2013, 4:22 am

I usually play a Three Stooges team. I chain stun them and I can confirm the Whelk is a pain in the ass, altho very rare to face one.

Emaille
Pet Score:10217
Realm:Ghostlands-eu

Post by Emaille » June 12th, 2013, 9:47 am

Well for me I always get rid of their Kun Lai with my Spectral porcupette. Shoot my arrow for stun cause I go first, then if he freeze me I just pass or it goes away immediately then I put up my shield and he basically kills himself If he doesnt die then he may have about 100 health left, good enough for me'. What an annoying pet, right up there with the Hopling. ughhhh

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Deepfriedegg » June 12th, 2013, 11:08 am

Usually im just fine using Nordrassil Wisp H/S. Soul Ward (dodge) for the first Frost Shock, Flash (-50% accuracy and 125 dmg) before the second. If he hits, then he has only 35% chance to land Deep Freeze but my Wisp is still faster than P/P runt and will land double Light (500 dmg) . If he misses, he either tries Frost Shock again or switches out because of being blinded. Both ways is a win for me. Worst case scenario my wisp is stunned and without 670HP, just 50 less than runt who is blinded for one more round (and has only 50% to land Takedown)

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » June 12th, 2013, 11:31 am

About 4-5 months ago people used to rave about the whelk in posts here .. so I made sure to get a p/p rare max leveled

I figure people don't use them because they're not heavy and quick hitters and also there are so many spiders, brooms and imps out there that control lineups

The Twilight Fiendling is another I'm going to try to counter humanoids, It has power points in the 340 range and looks like it might have potential in the p/p breed

Teacake
Pet Score:2717
Realm:Misha-us

Post by Teacake » June 12th, 2013, 12:01 pm

I don't find the KLR at all difficult to battle, since he's such a telegrapher. When he shows up I just put in a pet I don't want to fight him - usually an imp who can heal himself from the back row afterward - to take his setup move, then switch to an undead.

Nothing pleases me more than seeing a triple KLR team. It just screams "I have no idea what I'm doing, but I heard this pet was OP lols."

Xsquared
Pet Score:1995
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Xsquared » June 13th, 2013, 10:33 pm

While not a complete counter, I like to use my S/S rabbit more often than not in my PvP teams. It's able to avoid 3 attacks in a row which can disrupt enemy DPS rotations, such as the Kun-Lai Runt.

A S/S rabbit that has Frost Shock on him is still faster than both P/P and P/B versions of the Kun-Lai Runt. And because you're faster, you can avoid Deep Freeze and easily defeat Kun-Lai Runts 1v1.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » June 13th, 2013, 10:36 pm

After dealing with a few of them, you learn quick. I'll either sweep him out of take the first hit and switch to my val'kyr and go to work on him.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » June 14th, 2013, 4:03 am

I use the fastest lil' bunneh I can find, and dodge claw dodge claw burrow. Usually by this point, I'm un-harmed and he's around 40% HP ;)

BUNNEH FTW!!

Spary
Pet Score:10075
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Spary » June 15th, 2013, 10:57 am

May work on new pvp-players, but anyone else would soon switch to something more comfortable and scary for your bunny instead of watching you slowly taking down his potential thread to most other pets you may have with you. In fact, the earlier the KLR is in the less thread he offers - if you can switch out of his slow he is no thread, especially with a critter in your team that may eat the stun. I don't play the KLR, but I allways wonder why so many go first with the KLR instead of sitting him out to the possible last pet an opponent can offer - then he can go allout ...