Switching sides in the Argent Tournament

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Slab
Pet Score:3088
Realm:Nesingwary-us
Switching sides in the Argent Tournament

Post by Slab » June 10th, 2013, 12:13 pm

As I am now a few days away from being a Champion of the final Horde city in the Argent Tournament, I went back to find something I thought I saw once before, but cannot find now ... how do I start doing the Alliance cities? I remember reading that you have to start at the beginning, rather than at the Valiant level per city, but I thought it was possible. I certainly hope it is, I'd hate to rely solely on the AH for the Mechanopeep :p.

Do I have to make sure I purchase all the Horde side pets first? Am I completely obliterating my ability to work with those Quartermasters? Or is it not that bad? Or even worse ... is it impossible?

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Re: Switching sides in the Argent Tournament

Post by Jadax » June 10th, 2013, 12:39 pm

I don't believe it has ever been possible to gain access to the opposing faction's QMs at the Argent Tournament.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » June 10th, 2013, 12:57 pm

You have never been able to switch sides without faction changing. Which resets tournament progress.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » June 10th, 2013, 1:03 pm

Yep you will need an ally alt of high enough level to do the alliance quests unfortunately.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Dash
BattleTag®:mab#2803

Post by Dash » June 10th, 2013, 4:03 pm

If anyone's interested, you can start to work on the quests and rep at lvl 77

Spyro
Pet Score:3317
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Spyro » June 10th, 2013, 5:29 pm

<--Is insane

I have 2 Horde characters and 2 Alliance characters that are fully exalted and full champions of all of their side's factions.

The only way to access the quarter masters of the opposing side is to have an alt from that side. I had all the alliance pets long before I started on the Alliance side of the tournament. I got them from the AH. Just check the neutral and your faction's AH regularly and you will probably find a deal. You could also ask a friend who has an alt on the other side to help you.

Slab
Pet Score:3088
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Slab » June 10th, 2013, 7:25 pm

Bah, thanks guys. Guess I'll just farm some extras and try to sell them to make the money for the others. At least Argent won't be an "obligation" any more shortly. Now as for still needing hundreds of Marks of the World Tree ...

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » June 10th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Slab wrote:Bah, thanks guys. Guess I'll just farm some extras and try to sell them to make the money for the others. At least Argent won't be an "obligation" any more shortly. Now as for still needing hundreds of Marks of the World Tree ...
You can also try to trade the horde for the alliance pets in the trade forum here.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » June 11th, 2013, 3:47 am

FWIW, the tournaments pets are on the BMAH.

Dash
BattleTag®:mab#2803

Post by Dash » June 11th, 2013, 8:41 am

Speaking of BMAH, I just saw the siamese cat again, sold for a whooping 1K gold. Breanni, tsk tsk... :p

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456

Post by Maizing » June 11th, 2013, 9:43 am

Spyro wrote:<--Is insane

I have 2 Horde characters and 2 Alliance characters that are fully exalted and full champions of all of their side's factions.

The only way to access the quarter masters of the opposing side is to have an alt from that side. I had all the alliance pets long before I started on the Alliance side of the tournament. I got them from the AH. Just check the neutral and your faction's AH regularly and you will probably find a deal. You could also ask a friend who has an alt on the other side to help you.
If having a measly 2 horde and 2 alliance that are fully exalted makes you insane, what does that make me? I have 10 alliance and 9 horde that are fully exalted with all of the tourney factions and am currently working on my 10th horde (who just needs to get exalted with Silvermoon City now).

Spyro
Pet Score:3317

Post by Spyro » June 11th, 2013, 10:57 am

Maizing wrote:

If having a measly 2 horde and 2 alliance that are fully exalted makes you insane, what does that make me? I have 10 alliance and 9 horde that are fully exalted with all of the tourney factions and am currently working on my 10th horde (who just needs to get exalted with Silvermoon City now).
If they are all champions then you're more insane than I. But one can be exalted with all of the Horde or Alliance factions by the time they hit 80 without doing a single daily. And also ALL the factions means Argent Crusade and Sunreavers or Silver Covenant. So if you have nearly 20 characters, exalted with all 7 factions and are all champions of 5 factions, then I salute you.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456

Post by Maizing » June 11th, 2013, 10:49 pm

Spyro wrote:
Maizing wrote:

If they are all champions then you're more insane than I. But one can be exalted with all of the Horde or Alliance factions by the time they hit 80 without doing a single daily. And also ALL the factions means Argent Crusade and Sunreavers or Silver Covenant. So if you have nearly 20 characters, exalted with all 7 factions and are all champions of 5 factions, then I salute you.
Yep, ALL factions means Argent Crusade, Sunreavers/Silver Covenant plus all city reps. My newest alts tend to be a little behind on the city reps due to skipping a lot of the quests while leveling... but I am usually exalted with at least the cities that offer cooking and fishing dailies by the time I get a character to 70.

Technically, I have an 11th horde working on the Argent Tournament (a DK I made on an alt realm to join a guild that was allowing people to join to get the Thundering Jade Cloud Serpent mount). That alt is even further behind than my other character that is doing the last set of valiant quests as I went all out on getting her to 90. Normally, I do all of the quests that I can in all of the starter zones with every alt (not happy that only blood elves can do the level 1-5 quests in the blood elf starter zone or that some classes can do the level 1-5 troll quests but others can't)... but since you need to be level 85 to even learn that mount, I skipped a ton of stuff I usually do.

I really like having that tabard that transports the user to the tourney grounds on all of my characters.