P/P or S/S

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us
P/P or S/S

Post by Dakaf » June 10th, 2013, 1:14 pm

I have both of each of the following pets, just wondering what people think the better breed is for each of them.

Sporeling Sprout
Flayer Youngling

Thanks!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Furbs
Pet Score:1001
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Re: P/P or S/S

Post by Furbs » June 10th, 2013, 2:38 pm

SS Flayer is probably important if you want to use Kick, since he's not a power house pet anyway I'd go with that, no idea about the other one.

Teacake
Pet Score:2717
Realm:Misha-us

Post by Teacake » June 10th, 2013, 2:45 pm

I actually use both breeds of flayer on a regular basis - the p/p for tamer dailies/critter killing in PVE, and the s/s on PVP teams for kick/blitz which is very fun against any non-beast pet who's slower than you.

Rakrath
Pet Score:8562
Realm:Blackrock-eu

Post by Rakrath » June 10th, 2013, 2:51 pm

Hi,

the main counter question is: "for which purpose?"

PVE: it just needs to be one speed about ur target, which is known before u fight ur oppponent.

PVP: the faster the better, in pvp speed is king, there is rarele a situation where u win because of power, mostly u win because of control, and that means, faster better.

BUT: it depends what ur team is about, but frakly in general spoken, faster ist mostly better (97%++)

But in todays setup there are some defaults it seems: primal cry, direhorn, swap teams, anub idol(very strong pet in my opinion, i dont play it btw for some special reason ;))

it seems that, with the right starter/opener pet and right swapping u can win a pet battle even if u were considered to loose at the beginning by plain pet score, but this is what scores good pet pvp battle player ;)

Greetings
Rakrath

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » June 10th, 2013, 3:59 pm

From a PvE/collector perspective, you now got a Lil Bad wolf and a kun lai runt as critter doublecounter pets (humanoid pets with beast abilities). The move set on these 2 plus the PP breeds option for better choices than the flayer for this purpose. Making the PP breed less desireable as its role can be better filled by other pets.

In general the beast abilities are bad on Flayer youngling, its also the only fast Blitz pet ingame, combined with the kick and deflection you control the fight. So SS is my choice. Hopling is another SS humanoid with Kick but no deflection and Crush 80% hit making it quite bad compared to an SS Flayer.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » June 10th, 2013, 4:48 pm

i do not use the flayer in pvp on a regular basis so what the others said is certainely more valid than my opinion, but keep in mind that deflection doesn't require any speed because it always goes first.