No-no

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu
No-no

Post by Kring » June 9th, 2013, 2:04 pm

I'm doing it with tripple raptors but I have to abort and restart the battle whenever he starts with dive or dam as first move.

What's your team for No-no? Anything more fun then restarting this fight 30 times until he starts with an attack on me?

Katzbalger
Pet Score:3554
Realm:Arthas-us

Re: No-no

Post by Katzbalger » June 9th, 2013, 2:13 pm

Flying. Easy fight if you use 3 pets with flying attacks. Raptor Jesus isn't the answer for everything ;p

Furbs
Pet Score:1001
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Furbs » June 9th, 2013, 2:20 pm

I use Chrom, Jade Owl and Crow, always win first time but it can get annoying with all the dams and dives.

Danneris
Pet Score:10985
BattleTag®:Danneris#1602
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Danneris » June 9th, 2013, 2:43 pm

I use 3 moths. Makes this fight so simple.

Furkel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13624
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Furkel » June 9th, 2013, 2:49 pm

I use more or less the same team for all the aquatic fables: one Raven/Crow, one Shrine Fly (or similar), one Snowy Owl... but I imagine almost any flying pets will do just fine.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » June 9th, 2013, 3:03 pm

Mindslayer Lifeexchange at low HP, Jikun hatchling Wild Winds+Flock, if not dead, Yellow Moth PP. Lasted 15 rounds once with mindslayer, quite annoying when I think about it :S

Cendir
Pet Score:6154
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Cendir » June 9th, 2013, 6:37 pm

Just use 3 moths - nothing fancy, won't take 20 rounds, just kills him fast. Hell, sometimes I damn near solo him with 1 moth.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » June 9th, 2013, 9:48 pm

Agreed, 3 moths is the way to go. If RNG lands rut, you might not even take any damage.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » June 10th, 2013, 3:11 am

I use a flying pet that has the 6% damage dot and the caccoon attack. You can pretty much kill him with one pet. Use the dot, and then just pass when he builds the dam.

Tehstool
Pet Score:768
Realm:Shattered Hand-us

Post by Tehstool » June 10th, 2013, 3:52 am

I usually end up soloing him with an effervescent glowfly. I use slicing wind, cocoon strike, and glowing toxin.

Kring

Post by Kring » June 10th, 2013, 4:46 am

Tehstool wrote:I usually end up soloing him with an effervescent glowfly. I use slicing wind, cocoon strike, and glowing toxin.
Can't check it out in game right now but according to wowhead, No-no has a speed of 309 and all breeds of the effervescent glowfly are slower.

I assume you lead with toxin. If No-no decides to dive that turn your toxin will miss. Next turn No-no submerges and will hit you - you can't cocoon fast enough because he's faster.

Or do you lead with cocoon and assume he'll either dive and hit the cocoon or build a dam and you'll pass until the dam eat the later dive?

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Deepfriedegg » June 10th, 2013, 5:51 am

Kring wrote:
Tehstool wrote:I usually end up soloing him with an effervescent glowfly. I use slicing wind, cocoon strike, and glowing toxin.
Can't check it out in game right now but according to wowhead, No-no has a speed of 309 and all breeds of the effervescent glowfly are slower.

I assume you lead with toxin. If No-no decides to dive that turn your toxin will miss. Next turn No-no submerges and will hit you - you can't cocoon fast enough because he's faster.

Or do you lead with cocoon and assume he'll either dive and hit the cocoon or build a dam and you'll pass until the dam eat the later dive?
I guess you forgot about the flyer passive when looking at the speed. Speed of 309 is beaten by anything with base speed of 207

Kring

Post by Kring » June 10th, 2013, 6:44 am

Deepfriedegg wrote:I guess you forgot about the flyer passive when looking at the speed. Speed of 309 is beaten by anything with base speed of 207
Indeed, now that sounds really interesting. Can't wait to try it out.

I always wondered why the Jade Owl doesn't get the love it deserves against aquatic pets. I think now I know why. :-)

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » June 10th, 2013, 8:24 am

He's irritating, but the valk-water-chrom team will beat him as long as you get the valk debuff on him (don't use it first, lead with slash to see if he dives).

With any team, if he builds his dam before he dives, keep passing and it will absorb the dive for you. Always ensure he's the one that clears the dam.

Teacake
Pet Score:2717
Realm:Misha-us

Post by Teacake » June 10th, 2013, 9:42 am

Agree that any team of strong flyers will work, but just because I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread, thought I'd throw out that my H/P Blighthawk usually solos No-No. Wastewalker Shu comes next in my circuit and he solos (or nearly solos) his first two pets too. And it's nice for his self-esteem to give him something to do; he's been feeling very down and useless since that buff to Dos-Ryga. ;)

Kring

Post by Kring » June 11th, 2013, 3:40 am

I beat him yesterday first try with my Effervescent Glowfly and my Yellow Moth. Took 15 turns, including the turns i passed for the 2 dams, but he didn't stand a chance. Thanks!