Best combo of pets to kill the most Bag dropping trainers!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Bignasty
Top Rater
Best combo of pets to kill the most Bag dropping trainers!

Post by Bignasty » June 9th, 2013, 10:15 pm

So far I've found the Anubisath Idol and Chrominius to be the best combo to use (plus your boostpet) for leveling off trainers.

I know there is a guide for which pets to use for every trainer, but some people dont have those pets yet, and I got to thinking, How many Bag Trainers can I kill (consistantly not relying on RNG) with the one combo of pets.

So far, with this pairing 6 of the 17 trainers can be killed using these 2 pets, I'm still working on the others but I have a spreadsheet in the works, that once I am allowed to post links here I'll pop it us and other can hopefully give me feedback... what are you thoughts.. is there a combo that can beat more than 6 of the Satchel giving trainers?

Edit: link now added
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuGcS0ur_NXOdGlHbXB6cURPejNEY3Z5RWFnOFdoTmc#gid=0
Last edited by Bignasty on June 9th, 2013, 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: Best combo of pets to kill the most trainers!

Post by Tahsfenz » June 9th, 2013, 10:17 pm

Anubisath Idol can solo most of the tamers, so I guess it's whatever you want to pair with him :lol:

Bignasty
Top Rater

Re: Best combo of pets to kill the most Bag dropping trainer

Post by Bignasty » June 9th, 2013, 10:20 pm

true, he's great but I also want to beat them in a timely fashion.. no 30 round misses type fights.. and using chrom as a suicide bomb speeds things up quite a bit

Nivrax
Pet Score:2635
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Nivrax » June 10th, 2013, 2:47 am

Two Anub idols should be the go-to team for all Pandaria tamers, not necessary fastest though.

For Anubs, do not use Demolish unless the tamer have Beast AND they don't have elemental. Crush deals (414 - 70) * 0.7 ~= 240 dmg, Demolish does (592 - 70) * 0.4 ~= 209, both under Sandstorm. Higher miss chance also means less healing received.

Pets you may want to experiment with would be (Jade) Oozelings with 2-1-2 (can solo Nishi and heavily damage Water elemental, as well as being good opener on most others) and Onyxian whelp (huge power, low speed = tail sweep is good, abuse ai patterns to make use of Lift-off and Healing flame, resilient to so many Flying attacks and trainers don't use human or undead pets so weaknesses are irrelevant).

For my Pandaria tamer sweep, I use Anub, Onyxian and Ooze for all tamers, swapping one (depending on trainer I'm facing) for carry. Exception is Dread Waste trainer, where the team works fine, but Flying pet on start makes it so much quicker against crab, and Thundering elemental, where you need 300+ speed Rabbit for first and third of his pets.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » June 10th, 2013, 6:27 am

In most cases I've completely switched to stoneskin for the higher hit chance and damage output.

Slab
Pet Score:3088
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Slab » June 10th, 2013, 8:25 am

I found that Emerald Proto-Whelp was starting to become my best "catch all" guy to power through any fights. As long as you pay attention to the timing of Emerald Dream (or switch slot 2 to Ancient Blessing if it's a fight that needs Proto-Strike)), he could force a win against any trainer/tamer. Similar to the comments about the Idol, if you don't mind the extra time of the "grind" like fight, Greenie'll get ya there.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » June 10th, 2013, 9:47 am

A breed 4 Emerald proto whelp is insanely good. Just pop emerald dream when you are at 800 life and you will be full again when it finishes. Always take the absorb to go with it, helps with so many abilities, rendering them impotent. Bring Emerald Bite, Emerald Presence and Emerald Dream and you can take on all but the strongest burst pets.

Abyl1
Pet Score:4019
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Abyl1 » June 10th, 2013, 10:11 am

I've had good luck with both the emperor crab and water strider as well. The shell shield of the crab and the heals on both of them are nice.