forfeiting against unborn valk

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu
forfeiting against unborn valk

Post by Waflob » June 9th, 2013, 6:00 am

I managed to snag a common HH, but would prefer BB, preferable rare :-)

Anyway, I found a poor HH and asked in guild if anyone else could use this. When the guildie turned up, I forfeited and we waited for the pet to respawn and it didn't. I hadn't made a single attack, just waited and forfeited.

Does anyone know if this pet is handled differently? Or was it just buggy?

Cookiethis
Pet Score:8056
Realm:Area 52-us

Re: forfeiting against unborn valk

Post by Cookiethis » June 9th, 2013, 6:40 am

I did this 2 night ago with my husband and it worked fine.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » June 9th, 2013, 10:25 am

it is either buggy or you killed the valkyr. when you forfeit after killing the first pet (the original wild one) it will despawn.

may i ask why you prefer the b/b valkyr? for the extra power maybe? i'm quite torn between H/H and B/B, thinking that doing a few extra attack before CoD and sacrifice could be more viable than just killing her off right away. on the other hand i got a B/B and don't like the idea of going back for a H/H one...

Mystical
Pet Score:6048
BattleTag®:Mystical#11881
Realm:Ragnaros-us

Post by Mystical » June 9th, 2013, 10:16 pm

Waflob wrote:
Does anyone know if this pet is handled differently? Or was it just buggy?
Sometimes, the Val'kyr despawn and change her spawn location..

It happens to me once, I forfeited in Sholazar and she dissapear.. Then I seach in Borean and find the val'kyr there 5 minutes later

Moritsume
Pet Score:13680
BattleTag®:MurdaMode#1395
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Moritsume » June 10th, 2013, 3:08 am

I've read in one other topic where someone forfeited a match against a Valk for a friend and it despawned, so perhaps it does have a chance to change its spawn location.

In response to Ril, I have both but I prefer the B/B as I mainly got it for Beasts of Fable (although I hear they're pretty nice in PVP as well). I use a team mentioned somewhere on the forums, Valk/Water Spirit/Chrominius, and go Unholy Ascension/CoD->swap to Water->Geyser/Whirlpool->swap to Chrom->Howl (CoD/Geyser/Whirlpool land this turn, 1 shots every beast I've fought so far) if that doesn't do it, Surge of Power for cleanup. My point though, since I'm sacrificing it anyway I'd rather have the extra power, although either breed should suffice :D.

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » June 17th, 2013, 2:02 am

Thanks for the various input. Certainly seems odd. Anyway, the problem will not arise for me again, as Nishi was kind enough to put an undead stone in the bag.