Speculation time - Raiding With Leashes III

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Furkel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13624
Realm:Moonglade-eu
Speculation time - Raiding With Leashes III

Post by Furkel » June 7th, 2013, 2:15 pm

So, it's more or less confirmed that we'll get at least one more "tier" of RWL, covering the rest of the BC raids: Hyjal, Black Temple and Sunwell.

With that it mind, what kinds of pets are you hoping for/expecting? I've only got one MAJOR wish so far: since Hyjal is part of the Caverns of Time, could they finally give us a Bronze Whelpling?

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Re: Speculation time - Raiding With Leashes III

Post by Jadax » June 7th, 2013, 2:19 pm

More or less confirmed where?

Furkel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13624
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Furkel » June 7th, 2013, 2:23 pm

Jadax wrote:More or less confirmed where?
One of the dev interviews, way back in the distant reaches of MMO-champ somewhere? I could dig it up if you want a source but even if it's not entirely 100% confirmed: it totally might happen, let your imagination RUN WILD!

Bonetti
Pet Score:3286
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Bonetti » June 7th, 2013, 3:17 pm

While I doubt they'd actually do it, I'd love to see a Mini-Illidan who squeaks out "You are not prepared!" as he jumps up, flapping his wings (a la the cinematic).

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » June 7th, 2013, 3:29 pm

Bonetti wrote:While I doubt they'd actually do it, I'd love to see a Mini-Illidan who squeaks out "You are not prepared!" as he jumps up, flapping his wings (a la the cinematic).
I would kill for that pet!

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » June 7th, 2013, 4:06 pm

Bonetti wrote:While I doubt they'd actually do it, I'd love to see a Mini-Illidan who squeaks out "You are not prepared!" as he jumps up, flapping his wings (a la the cinematic).
Oh yes, please!

I'd love to pets of ALL the bosses in MH, Najentus/Supremus/Reliquary of Souls/Illidan out of BT, Kalecgos/Sathrovarr the Corrupter/Brutallus/Felmist/M'uru/Entropius/KJ from Sunwell, and Doomwalker/Doom Lord Kazzak. Gruul, Magtheridon. (I don't want much, eh?)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 7th, 2013, 4:08 pm

From BT --
  • I wouldn't mind having a mini-Reliquary of Souls that spins to a different "face" every now and then. Would be especially awesome if each face had a different idle animation/interaction.

I'd also love a mini Mother Shahraz, or at least one of the Shivarra demons that wanders around as trash before that encounter. A cool animation/interaction: Similar to the trash mobs (Priestess of Dementia), if you and another collector bring two of the demon pets together, they trade buffs to make them extra big/small until you pull them apart again. Or they make the player randomly big/small! :D

Last pet from BT? Hmm... hate to say it but I bet they'll add in a pet that we've already seen before, which is the model for Surpremus. IF that's one of the pets, I hope they give it a really awesome animation/interaction and really fun/unique battle abilities at least.
From Hyjal Summit --
  • The only things that I can think of that I'd want and would make sense as dropped pets are baby Gargoyles, a mini Lich (different than Lil' KT, more like Rage Winterchill), and a little Doomguard.

The gargoyle could turn to stone, the small version of Rage Winterchill could cast a tiny Death and Decay on critters, and the Doomguards could uh... be doomguardy?

I wouldn't mind a tiny Archimonde that hurls critters up into the air, but I feel like that would be asking for too much. XD
I haven't thought as much about Sunwell Plateau. Pets that I don't want to see, though, include ones that have the same/similar model as existing pets. Buuut it's understandable if that's what we get, since all dev time can't be spent on making pets (unfortunately). :P I'll collect them all either way!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Yalina » June 7th, 2013, 4:23 pm

Quintessence wrote:Pets that I don't want to see, though, include ones that have the same/similar model as existing pets. Buuut it's understandable if that's what we get, since all dev time can't be spent on making pets (unfortunately).
That's what worries me. So much of RWL 2 was recolors of existing pets. Looking at the Black Temple and Mount Hyjal fights, I see a lot of elementals, naga, demons and scourge. Hydross has water elementals. Illidan has fire elementals. Supremus is an infernal. In Hyjal, you've got more infernals and lich.

I completely agree about the mini gargoyle and the mini Shivarra demon. Those would both be very welcome. I'd forgotten about the doomguards, and I'm all about being able to match player's pet (be it hunter/warlock/mage/whatever) with mini pet. If the player can summon one to fight by their side in battle, I want a minipet version.

For the Illidan fight, I was thinking it would be neat if they went with "pet" warglaives. :)

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » June 7th, 2013, 4:32 pm

Karazhan featured the netherspace abbyssals from malcheezar as final pet, and blizzard have shown with RWL2 that they are not afraid of reusing pets already existing in game. Aka Pocket Reaver = Personal World Destroyer, and Coilfang Stalker = Legs.

So Im pretty sure Illidan would drop a Flame of Azzinoth fel flame elemental pet. Id love it to have a breed 4 and given proper fel fire attacks.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » June 7th, 2013, 4:49 pm

I've put a lot of time into this, because that's just what I do.

Hyjal - Quint is right that a Gargoyle will be coming. I doubt we'll get any actual demons from the Burning Legion, but we are missing a Crypt Fiend pet and I wouldn't mind another frost wyrm looking pet. Perhaps a Fel Hunter. This is my least favorite raid thanks to boss three and four and how slow it can be, but as long as there are pets I'll be there.

Black Temple - I would kill for a Reliquary of Souls model, similar to the Fetish Mask, where it comes out with one of three faces each time you summon it. I think we're overdue for a Naga, so perhaps Naj'entus will drop one. Teron Gorefiend could drop another Lost of Lordareon model pet, but with frost abilities like the ones you get in the death phase. A Shivara pet would be awesome from Mother Shahraz, and even a demon Illidan. Long dungeon, more pets, just like Karazhan.

Sunwell Plateau - Brutallus could finally drop a Pit Lord, which I didn't bother mentioning from Hyjal because I needed pets for SWP. Felmyst could drop another frost wyrm, but with poison attacks. I doubt the twins would drop a pet, but M'uru, while there is virtually no chance we'll ever see a mini Naaru, I can see a baby Entropius coming from her. After all, the anorexic void walker model was used in Mana Tombs and a few other places in Outlands. Nothing from Kil'Jaeden.

And as one off's, I wouldn't mind a baby Gronn from Gruul's Lair or another pit lord from Magtheridon. Humanoid pets are considered dragon killers in pet battles, and a Gronn would perfectly embody that. Perhaps the Gronn could be the meta pet.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!