CARP! The Droprate Venting Thread

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us
CARP! The Droprate Venting Thread

Post by Gendou » June 6th, 2013, 5:00 pm

This thread is pretty much just for commiserating about the terrible droprate for the carp fishing pets.
If you got the pet in your first few casts, or you like how the RNG enforces rarity, or you have enough gold to buy the pets outright without blinking an eye - this is probably not the thread for you.

If you've spent hours upon hours casting and re-casting while watching TV / listening to music / staring at the numbers incrementing on the stacks of fish in your bags - all whilst waiting to hear that 'sploosh' sound the bobber makes - then this thread is for you.
ImageImage

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Re: CARP! The Droprate Venting Thread

Post by Gendou » June 6th, 2013, 5:02 pm

I just spent two hours in the Vale, fishing from a Krakkanon pool.
I got 400 Jeweled Danio and 30 crates.

The Krakkanon never spawned. I never saw a single carp pet.

After flying to V4W to increase my training for the third time (this will be the fourth character I've leveled fishing on - my previous three characters are already maxed out), I finally had to mail my stacks of fish to another character and empty the crates. I also had to take a break, because this way madness lies. :cry:
ImageImage

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Yalina » June 6th, 2013, 6:54 pm

A few Sundays ago (probably 5/19), the daily pools were in the Vale. I got out my raft, activated my charm, and picked up a book. Hours and 763 casts later, I'd finished the book. No pet.

Britty
Pet Score:5582
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Britty » June 6th, 2013, 7:00 pm

I spent approximately 8 hours fishing one particular day while writing my term paper. I got over 1,000 of the little octopus. Made some nice gold though despite no white tiny carp. However, I'll be doing some fishing today after I finish my pet battle dailies. The daily pool involves the blue carp. With blue being my favorite color(and a desperate need for money right now), I'm going to spend several hours once again fishing.

Anyone have a good add-on for keeping track of casts? I am using fishingbuddy, but it just seems to be keeping track of what I caught. Using the fishing charm doesn't make it entirely accurate, so I'm just guessing I had over 700+ casts.

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448

Post by Yalina » June 6th, 2013, 7:07 pm

Britty wrote:Anyone have a good add-on for keeping track of casts? I am using fishingbuddy, but it just seems to be keeping track of what I caught. Using the fishing charm doesn't make it entirely accurate, so I'm just guessing I had over 700+ casts.
I'm using Rarity. You can set up the carps on the last tab as additional pets. Just provide the item ID number from wowhead, and fill out the zones and other info. You'll get a nice popup (achievement like) when you catch one. Rarity also tracks things like mounts and other pets. It surprised me when I bought a Razzashi Hatchling off the AH and got a popup. :)

Britty
Pet Score:5582
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Britty » June 6th, 2013, 7:21 pm

Yalina wrote:
Britty wrote:Anyone have a good add-on for keeping track of casts? I am using fishingbuddy, but it just seems to be keeping track of what I caught. Using the fishing charm doesn't make it entirely accurate, so I'm just guessing I had over 700+ casts.
I'm using Rarity. You can set up the carps on the last tab as additional pets. Just provide the item ID number from wowhead, and fill out the zones and other info. You'll get a nice popup (achievement like) when you catch one. Rarity also tracks things like mounts and other pets. It surprised me when I bought a Razzashi Hatchling off the AH and got a popup. :)
Oh you can add pets to rarity? That's awesome. I've been using it for awhile now. Unfortunately, the tiny carps weren't in there so I had no idea you could manually input them. I'm going to do that right now. Thanks!

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » June 7th, 2013, 10:42 am

I hate CARP!!!! I have been fishing every day since they were introduced...hundreds of casts per day..and no drop. Essentially, I have now given up. No more fishing for me, unless I just want to cook something. BLECHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :evil:

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456

Post by Maizing » June 7th, 2013, 10:57 am

So, this thread is for carping about the tiny carp?

Personally, I am not even going to try to fish just for the carp. I currently enjoy fishing (in moderation) and I know myself well enough that if I ever went at it with the dedication to actually fish until I got that last carp I need that I would come to hate it. Even just seeing where people have listed how many casts they made trying for the carps makes me not want to fish at all.

I actually gave in and bought my Tiny White Carp off the AH. While there, I saw where one person had listed multiple tiny carps. Just how are they getting so many that they can list a bunch like that?

...and for so cheap (the tiny carps were listed at around 1k to 2k gold each)!