Arcane Winds

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Yellowlab
Top Rater
Pet Score:5566
BattleTag®:Yellowlab#1493
Realm:Ner'zhul-us
Arcane Winds

Post by Yellowlab » June 6th, 2013, 9:03 am

Does arcane winds prevent the mini stuns from direhorn runts horn attack? I seem to have never landed the mini stun during this weather, and this would make sense to me. I am curious if anyone has used something like the flayer younglings kick attack in this weather.

Saa
Pet Score:2681
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Re: Arcane Winds

Post by Saa » June 6th, 2013, 9:22 am

Horn Attack says - If the user is faster than the target, they have a 50% chance to be trampled and lose their turn.

No mention of stuns my friend, RNG hates you as much as it hates everyone else.

Yellowlab
Top Rater
Pet Score:5566
BattleTag®:Yellowlab#1493
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Yellowlab » June 6th, 2013, 10:04 am

Yeah, that's what it says, but a little stun icon pops over the enemies head when it procs. So I was wondering if someone used a 100% proc rate ability, like kick or back flip in this weather. I just don't know if RNG is effecting me, or if the target is immune. I have a very small sample size because I rarely see arcane winds.

Spyro
Pet Score:3317
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Spyro » June 6th, 2013, 7:31 pm

I had arcane winds up and a wolver used snap trap and I was stunned for a full round, as in I did not get an action the next round other I could have swapped and still missed a turn. The ability does not say "stun" on it but the debuff icon does.

The "stun" you get from abilities like kick is just for the current round so if your opponent hits you first you don't get to do the move you had already clicked. It's kind of like an interrupt.

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » June 7th, 2013, 1:11 am

Arcane Winds doesn't prevent the "root" from poison spit, either (Like what Jungle Grubs do)