Powerleveling pets 1-10 (video(s) included)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Aggressive
Realm:Shadowsong-eu
Powerleveling pets 1-10 (video(s) included)

Post by Aggressive » July 21st, 2012, 2:35 pm

Don't get to excited!! You need 1 or 2 level 25 to do this quick enough.

Best spot I've found is in Vale of Eternal Blossom, vs Aquatic family.
Flying family skills increase damage by 50%. That's why I use my level 25 flying "Polly", which can be trapped in Northern Stranglethorn @ level 6-7. I also use an Amber Moth as backup, also rare level 25.

So, my team consist
Level (1-3) of any family (I prefer level 3, as they usally survive one hit)
Level 25 flying Polly
Level 25 flying Amber Moth (backup if Polly dies, but usally Polly solo 3-5 groups until it dies)

How to?
Engage a fight, just use one single skill with the low level pet and then change for a level 25. Stay on that pet even if it risk dying.
Why?
The experience is only split between all alive characters at end, that were active in the fight!!! If you're "lucky", you get a dot on your second level 25 pet, and if you're lucky with the "dot", killing your other level 25 meanwhile your target team last pet dies, then ALL experience will go for the low level pet. As much as ~1000 exp. for one fight.
It do not matter if you actually hit anything with your low level. All that matters is you used a skill, even if you missed, for one round. Then it's eligible for exp. at the end of the fight.

I've composed 2 videos. First one is leveling Lil' Teracgosa 3-10.
Second video is "uncut" leveling "Nuts" from 1-10 in rougly 17 minutes. I died at second fight as critters take 50% more damage from Aquatic damage. :(

I've leveled 10 to level 10 now, my next goal is to get Pristine Trap (15 to level 25). I will make video of the Pristine Trap when I got it.

I'm not Steven Spielberg so mind the quality of the editing. :D
This spot is usally where I level my pets to 25, it depends if they can handle these pets without taking extra damage due to their "family damage".

If anyone got a rare Spawn of Onyxia @ EU-Mekka (level do not matter!) then I'm willing to trade one of my level 25 rares with you. :)
I don't mind rare level 24 pet either, for "any" of my level 25's. Polly and my Amber Moth will stay with me, just because they are so nice to me! ;)
Just contact me on Aggressiv @ EU-Mekka
Enjoy...

Level 3-10 video (~3 minutes) [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyB3G3l9ABM[/url]
Level 1-10 video (~17 minutes) [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1I4vpo1p4U[/url]

Dementron
Pet Score:9542
Realm:Uther-us

Re: Powerleveling pets 1-10 (video(s) included)

Post by Dementron » July 21st, 2012, 8:12 pm

Have they changed how experience works? I was powerleveling a level 1 in a level 10 area just yesterday, and it got experience for every enemy pet involved even when I switched it out on the first turn. Maybe it works differently at higher levels?

Aggressive
Realm:Shadowsong-eu

Post by Aggressive » July 22nd, 2012, 3:19 am

Dementron wrote:Have they changed how experience works? I was powerleveling a level 1 in a level 10 area just yesterday, and it got experience for every enemy pet involved even when I switched it out on the first turn. Maybe it works differently at higher levels?
Uhm, you get a penalty in exp. it seems. I tried 2 level 24 that killed all 3. I only used these 2, but had 3 in my team. They recieved 138 exp. each.
When I used a lvl 24 with a 25, I only recieven 109 exp on the lonely level 24. But when my I let my level 25 die, my level 24 recieved 218 exp iirc.

Dementron
Pet Score:9542
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Dementron » July 23rd, 2012, 1:56 am

A few things I've discovered while testing powerleveling:

You get an xp bonus for difficulty, so the higher the enemy relative to your pet, the higher the xp. That is on an individual basis, not group. When I was powerleveling Murkablo in the Swamp of Sorrows, he got more xp fighting the same enemies at level 1 than he did when he was at level 10. The level 24 moth got no xp because it was too high in level. The powerleveler's level doesn't seem to affect the levelee's experience too much. Strangely, I actually seemed to get slightly more xp using a lvl 24 powerleveler than I did with a lvl 20. Fighting an enemy that is higher in level than your pet gives that pet a big bonus, even if your other pets outlevel the enemy.

You get the same xp whether a pet performs an action or is switched out on the first round.
[Edit: This is no longer true. A pet only gains xp if it acts now.]

You get the same xp having a pet out only once on a multi-enemy fight as you do pulling the a pet out for more than one opponent.

You get the same xp regardless of the quality of the enemy pets.

Xp is split up among all the participants that are still alive at the end of combat, even if they are too high in level to receive xp, so the more pets participate in a fight, the less xp each pet gets. If you switch pets to powerlevel, your levelee gets more xp if you use only one leveler than if you use two. If you let the leveler die so the levelee can get the final blow, the levelee gets twice as much xp (Of course, since you have to rez the leveler, this is less efficient than just defeating twice as many enemies).

You get less xp if you capture one of the enemy pets.

(I'm not trying to undermine your advice. I'm just trying to contribute more research to the topic. Basically, everything you said is great, except you can just switch the low-level pet out the first turn, so it doesn't have to risk getting hurt! Makes things much easier.)