Share pet collecting news and advice.
Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu
Re: Filthling

Post by Graven » May 24th, 2013, 10:55 am

Kagalii wrote:
Chrth wrote:
Graven wrote: Good thing they tested this patch for so long on the PTR, right? Otherwise it would be rather embarassing for them, to have all these bugs still unfixed on live day...
Did anyone report that the Filthling wasn't dropping on PTR? Or was everyone too busy hunting the Unborn Valkyr to test it?
So much this. lol

Same with the beta tests. People are too busy playing on the beta without actually doing any reporting of bugs/ issues then proceed to be mad at Blizzard about the bugs and issues. People need to understand that PTR and beta tests are there to check stuff out and provide feedback. If noone does that then yes, they can overlook some existing bugs until live.
Well, to be fair, I consider the monthly subscription I pay them as plenty. I don't test their stuff for them for free. If players are not fulfilling the "free game tester" role adequately, perhaps they should pay some professionals to do it.

Jerika
Pet Score:6443
BattleTag®:Thalia#11737
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Jerika » May 24th, 2013, 11:37 am

Me and a guildie scored 2 in less then an hour :3 very stoked!

Amnon
Pet Score:2656
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Amnon » May 24th, 2013, 12:38 pm

Just got mine. Few hundred filthling kills, probably 20 elite kills. Got 2 elites to spawn at once and one of them dropped the pet.

Post by Guest » May 24th, 2013, 2:32 pm

Finally got mine, don't ask how many slimes I killed ... after the fix and then the other fix and then the okay they really are in game! Probably 5 elites, the hard part was getting the elites to spawn. Guessing they have like a 20% chance to drop. My little guy is: 155/11/11

Decided to stick around and see if I could get some for friends, ran into my first rude pet person. Kind of a shock, because you all rock. They joined in the killing so I back up and gave them 1/2 the pool. They were killing all the little adds/elites on their side, I was killing the little adds on my side, while their friend picked off the elites on my side as soon as they spawned. After losing 2 I decided it was time to do something else. Gifts will have to wait. Glad this pet is done!

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » May 24th, 2013, 8:44 pm

My guess is about a 5% drop rate from elites.

DO NOT OVERPAY for this pet.. if you are decently geared, you can get one in under two hours. I have gotten 3 already, and sold two for 35k and 25k. They will be under 2k in a week. These are a great pet if you want to transfer money from a low-pop to a high-pop server. I was farming them alone on my server, but that is going to be impossible on a high pop.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » May 24th, 2013, 8:54 pm

I put this on the wall, but here's the info.

Mass killing filths for ~100 minutes (I was killing a few minutes before I realized I hadn't buffed myself, and went 1 hour and 40 minutes worth of buff time).

In that time I saw 19 Elite Filths spawn, I kill 18 of those. An NE DK had popped in and killed one of them. I asked if she were pet hunting or questing, she said pet. I offered to team so we could keep the pool completely filth free and roll when the pet dropped, because I wasn't going to kill if we were competing for elites (I had way way too much of that when emerald whelplings only dropped from dreaming whelps back in vanilla/BC days). After I got mine on the 18th elite, I announced in zone that I'd gotten it and someone else came in and got one in about 40 mins.

From what other peeps I talked to said, it looks like my results were typical as far as spawns go. If you're keeping the area clear, expect elites to spawn on average about 1 per 5-6 mins (that's average, so you might get 2 back to back, and then none for a long time &ct.).

Cendir
Pet Score:6154
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Cendir » May 25th, 2013, 6:23 am

Got mine on the 3rd or 4th elite. Only took around 15 minutes. Averaged a spawn every 4 minutes. From what everyone is saying, it really feels like the drop % on this is really high compared to most other dropped pets.

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » May 25th, 2013, 8:35 am

Not sure if this is old news, but you don't need to kill the small slimes for the elite to appear. Just wait til it spawns.

Duroxas
Top Rater
Pet Score:6333
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Duroxas » May 25th, 2013, 8:56 pm

If you feel confident about taking on multiple adds at once and can tag an elite very quickly, there's a point on the ledge near the saurok camp on the south side, in about the middle of the pool. I sat there and crouched waiting for a spawn during a highly- contested time of day and managed to tag all 5 of the elites that spawned in that time. The saurok will probably aggro behind you when you hit it, but it gives you a very good view of the area. Note - this PROBABLY only works for ranged.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » May 25th, 2013, 10:35 pm

About 700 regulars, 25-30ish elites, 3 pets... I agree. Drop rate seems high.

Tatra
Pet Score:4589
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Tatra » May 26th, 2013, 2:29 pm

was reading a tip on the pet page about the filthling. so i tried it what could it hurt. i pulled the little adds to a certain spot forcing an elite to form. after doing this method and 4 elites showing up i got a filthling.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » May 26th, 2013, 4:02 pm

Tatra wrote:was reading a tip on the pet page about the filthling. so i tried it what could it hurt. i pulled the little adds to a certain spot forcing an elite to form. after doing this method and 4 elites showing up i got a filthling.
Can you explain in a little more detail?

Renjah
Top Rater
Pet Score:7345
BattleTag®:Renja#1581
Realm:Thunderlord-us

Post by Renjah » May 26th, 2013, 5:06 pm

I first went out and killed a few small slimes on patch day and decided after about 20 small slimes died to leave and come back later(glad I did). Went back Thursday killed an easy 200 small slimes and probably bout 10 elites to get my first one, kept killing and got another 220ish small kills and another easy 10 elite kills for a second; this all was in a hour hr frame. I returned Friday but the elites weren't spawning much even killing the little slimes so after 400 teeth I bailed just to return an hour later to help a friend. One elite was up when we got there upon its death I saw a 3rd drop. Drop seems pretty high right now which is good for all the pet collectors on my server. I didn't run into pvp problems let alone see many others(if any) which was odd since we had dailies in that area. All my collecting of new pets is being done on my main spriest with a 510 ilvl so things die pretty fast with little downtime.

The more small slimes you kill the sooner an elite will spawn is what's being said. While this may be true you may also hit some streaks where you don't get an elite for a long time but you will get 2 or 3 close together.

Tatra
Pet Score:4589
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Tatra » May 26th, 2013, 7:40 pm

Jadax wrote:
Tatra wrote:was reading a tip on the pet page about the filthling. so i tried it what could it hurt. i pulled the little adds to a certain spot forcing an elite to form. after doing this method and 4 elites showing up i got a filthling.
Can you explain in a little more detail?

Yankonis Rating: -1 [Report]
Ok, I think I have figured this out. You have to kill the small ones to make a pile of them. Just pull a couple at a time and keep adding to your pile. It will cause large elites to spawn which have a very high drop rate when spawned like this. There may be some other mechanism at play here, but I think that is it.

P.S. The small ones do not drop these. Only the large elites do, and maybe only the ones you spawn.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » June 2nd, 2013, 6:02 pm

On patchday or 2nd day, cant remember, was lone guy in the crag. Was told by a guildie just to kill the big elite ones. So i did, cleaning up the small ones to spawn the big ones. Got 3 filthlings from 10-15 elite ones, took 30-60min. Traded one here for 4 stones, trying to sell one for 3-4k on our AH and kept one myself. Doesn't seem hard, afterwards I read something about hotfixes on wowhead comments. Not quite sure what the fuzz was about. Dont know if I was really Lucky but I doubt it, my guildie got his for free by random dude as he got 3 aswell from a quick farm tour like me. Same day. Have they nerfed the droprate since patchday perhaps?

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » June 2nd, 2013, 11:10 pm

I farmed for an hour and killed about 20 elites, zero pets...
- Taking your candles since 2005

Dash
BattleTag®:mab#2803

Post by Dash » June 3rd, 2013, 1:21 am

Amnon wrote:Just got mine. Few hundred filthling kills, probably 20 elite kills. Got 2 elites to spawn at once and one of them dropped the pet.
Very similar to my experience, judging from the packs of teeth I've vendored, I'd say around 200 little slimes, then the big slimes (about 10 or 12 teeth at 27g a piece is a nice bonus), with a time where 2 of them spawned (almost) at the same time, then the pet, yay!

There's not a lot of room if more than 2 people are present, luckily the other person who was there when I arrived was leaving.

Pro-tip : if you want to empty your bags but can't access your mammoth / yack because you're either transformed or well, in combat, I found out you have a small window to be able to mount up if you buff yourself (arcane brilliance, mark of the wild, what have you. Eating does that too)