Lil' Bad Wolf Breed?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sedaii
MVP
Pet Score:8199
BattleTag®:Sedaii#1645
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Lil' Bad Wolf Breed?

Post by Sedaii » June 2nd, 2013, 1:00 pm

Hi all,

I have very little Pet PVP experience so am looking for advice about best breeds.

[pet]Lil' Bad Wolf[/pet] comes in:
  • P/P
    B/B
    S/S
    P/S
    P/B
I have a P/P, is that the best breed for battle, or should I keep farming for S/S?

Thanks,

Sedaii
Sedaii#1645

Find me on Madoran:

Sedaii
MVP
Pet Score:8199
BattleTag®:Sedaii#1645
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Lil' Bad Wolf Breed?

Post by Sedaii » June 2nd, 2013, 4:09 pm

Feralsynapse wrote:It honestly depends on *how* you want to use the pet. P/P and S/S are both viable. If you throw in a pet that can control your opponent's speed as support (Dire Horn Runt for example) it can really devastate an enemy team. Though his moveset isn't the best he does have a niche playstyle.

S/S takes advantage of howl + pounce
P/P takes advantage of howl + claw

Thanks for your info, that really helps :D

Sedaii
Sedaii#1645

Find me on Madoran:

Jimbodan
Pet Score:8469
BattleTag®:jimbodan#1642
Realm:Moonrunner-us

Post by Jimbodan » June 2nd, 2013, 7:58 pm

Feralsynapse wrote:It honestly depends on *how* you want to use the pet. P/P and S/S are both viable. If you throw in a pet that can control your opponent's speed as support (Dire Horn Runt for example) it can really devastate an enemy team. Though his moveset isn't the best he does have a niche playstyle.

S/S takes advantage of howl + pounce
P/P takes advantage of howl + claw
Howl and Pounce are on the same ability slot, so you can't have them both.

Shakesbeard
Top Rater
Pet Score:4734
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Shakesbeard » June 2nd, 2013, 8:11 pm

i have the power breed at 25, and i wish i had waited for a speed. power is a glass cannon, 1319 hp. mangle is useless in slot 2 for all breeds, and dodge is only useful for 325 speed breed. so power breed's only rotation is howl claw claw repeat... but in my experience he's dead before that second claw is cast.

speed breed on the other hand- same hp, but against any pet slower than 325 you can use block (slot 2), pounce (slot 3) with 'if strikes 1st' bonus which makes it hit for about the same as claw if it strikes 1st, and just like claw it has no cd (and has 5% higher hit %). slot 1 you can pick up counterstrike to have a 100% hit humanoid attack if needed, and it's an ability that can get a bonus hit if struck, in case the other pet is faster.

so speed does less damage from breed type and no howl bonus, but it has a useable 2-round dodge, and a 100% hit attack of a different type just in case.
MADORAN__ <WCP> Shakesbeard
___________<LPL> Factotem
___________<PP> Orcane, Shrecksar, Remoo

Shakesbeard
Top Rater
Pet Score:4734
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Shakesbeard » June 2nd, 2013, 8:37 pm

the thing about a slow pet using dodge, it is only up for one round, and the opponent can see it before they choose a move. with a fast pet you can get an opponent to waste a good cd on it, and then it is also up for the next turn.

putting dodge up with a slow pet is a wasted turn. say round one you use dodge... you got hit before you cast it, then the next turn you avoid an attack and use howl or claw... you used one turn to avoid one attack, not an advantage for you.

at least that's how i look at the dodge ability.
MADORAN__ <WCP> Shakesbeard
___________<LPL> Factotem
___________<PP> Orcane, Shrecksar, Remoo

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » June 3rd, 2013, 4:12 pm

You might be better off with Dazzling Dance, it lasts 9 turns. Primal Cry only lasts 4 turns and requires too much swapping.