What do you think the value of a crawling claw is?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Nish
Pet Score:2768
Realm:Lothar-us
What do you think the value of a crawling claw is?

Post by Nish » June 1st, 2013, 1:18 pm

As the title says, what is the current value of a crawling claw on your realm? I'm wondering if I should buy one on the AH.

Thanks,

-Nish

Musicality
Pet Score:1820
Realm:Area 52-us

Re: What do you think the value of a crawling claw is?

Post by Musicality » June 1st, 2013, 1:39 pm

15k-20k on Area 52

Nish

Post by Nish » June 1st, 2013, 6:01 pm

I've tried to farm it and spent a lot on heiroglyphics. Is it possible with max archy these days to force tolvirs to spawn? Isn't there some new mechanic to move digsites around?

-Nish

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » June 1st, 2013, 7:34 pm

Haven't done archaeology recently but the way a lot of people are doing it now is to do Panderia digsites and then trade in the completed items for a crate of Tol'vir fragments. As far as I know there's no way to force spawn Tol'vir (though if you have all other Kalimdor types - NE, dwarf & fossil completed, it will give an improved chance of Tol'vir spawning).

As far as claw prices, 15-20k is the general range I've seen. Sometimes they'll drop below 10k. I got mine for below 10k.

Demoiselle
Pet Score:2013
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Demoiselle » June 1st, 2013, 10:27 pm

Check The Undermine Journal (www.theunderminejournal.com) & select for your realm & faction. You'll get all the info you need.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » June 1st, 2013, 10:28 pm

Actually there is a way.

Get exalted with Lorewalkers. Buy a Manthid Sonic Artifact Locator.

Head to Uldum. Harvest any TolVir sites. If none is present or emptied, head to zone border and back into uldum. Suddenly you will notice a most pelicular effect. Every time you cross a zone boundary while possessing the locator, every single digsite will get rerolled. And appearently it adds a lot more digsites as well, counted 8 in kalimdor, up from the normal 4.

So you could reroll sites until they repop in uldum, harvest them and reroll again.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » June 2nd, 2013, 12:40 am

I bought one for 20k. Tried to do the panda archeology thing and traded crated artificats.. but still no luck. It was simply one of those things where the effort to farm it was greater than the effort required to get 20k (which is basically not much). I see them on Ilidian a lot for right around 20k.

Nish

Post by Nish » June 2nd, 2013, 10:02 am

I did the tolvir swap back and forth with the item from mop that swaps digsites. That was awesome. Very fast completion of artifacts but then I decided since I'm an eng ench to use up 40 spirits of harmony (I had like 65) on crates to see what would happen and of course like 6-7 solves later no rare so... I just bought the thing for 24k. I can make that back on the ah in a few days.

Thanks for the help and especially the tip on that panda item I may use that again to swap around digsites.

-Nish

Cat666
Pet Score:7533
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Post by Cat666 » June 3rd, 2013, 3:36 am

I collect acheivments, but only on one character. So she has all my rep and secondary professions I can't be bothered to do twice. Sadly archeology is one of those things, so whilst I have the claw, I can't sell it as I won't get another one.

I really do wish Blizz would allow the pet rewards from archeology to be found more than once. I have to collect 20 of each item for the Pandaria races, so a chance to make 20k on a duplicate pet whilst doing that boring grind would be amazing. Currently it's just the Tol'Vir mount which is eluding me.

Keithkorg
Pet Score:1871
Realm:Eversong-eu

Post by Keithkorg » June 3rd, 2013, 5:55 am

Luciandk wrote:Get exalted with Lorewalkers. Buy a Manthid Sonic Artifact Locator.
Woah! Thank you for this!

I kind of put the brakes on archaeology after getting the Ultramarine Qiraji Battle Tank back in 5.0 and hadn't heard of this item.

Zin'rok and Crawling Claw, here I come =)

Moriggs
Pet Score:10697
BattleTag®:Alec#1785
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Moriggs » June 5th, 2013, 4:54 am

I purchased one from my main's AH (Frostwolf-A) for 3000 gold just this week. I'd never seen one below 18k prior to that. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Aislinge » June 5th, 2013, 11:42 pm

I just paid 30k for one. It was reasonable for me considering the following:

a) Archaeology hates me
b) I monitor 8 separate AH's at any given time
c) 30k was well below the 80-100k average across those 8 AH's that I monitor and had access to

It's hard to ask the value of something. Someone will always quote a bargain, there will always be cheaper servers. But unless you're able to get gold onto that server to buy it at that price, it's of no consequence to you whatsoever. Therefore, you have to make a judgment call based on your own economy/ies.