Unborn Val'kyr different kinds?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us
Re: Unborn Val'kyr different kinds?

Post by Maizing » June 1st, 2013, 11:58 pm

Yeah, it comes in 2 breeds: H/H and B/B.

The stats at max level for a rare of each breed are as follows:

B/B 1563 293 244
H/H 1806 276 228

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 2nd, 2013, 1:04 am

I don't think there are different Unborn Val'kyr races. I've only seen this pet with one model.

Perhaps the people referring to different Val'kyr were discussing possible NPC variations and not the pet?
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » June 2nd, 2013, 1:58 am

I'd caught a B/B previously, and I finally got an Undead stone to use. I went and found an H/H... which one should I stone? The one that hits harder?

Britty
Pet Score:5582
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Britty » June 2nd, 2013, 6:06 am

All the Unborn Val'kyr will look the same. I'm pretty sure what you saw being discussed was BreedID. Instead of making one type of stat distribution per pet, there's actually a few the pets can have. BreedID is just a fancy term for how the base stats of the pets are distributed. For the Unborn Val'kyr, there are two possible breedIDs:

First one is breedID 3 and 13. There is no difference between these two stat wise, and the only "real" difference is the hidden gender value in the game.(In this case, 13 is female.) It is also called B/B, which stands for Balance/Balance. This is referring to how the base stats are spread out. For balance/balance, it is evenly spread. As Maizing stated, the stats at level 25 for a rare unborn Val'kyr with this breedID is 1563 HP 293 attack and 244 speed.

The second one is 6 and 16. Like the one above, 6 would be male, and 16 would be female. (Gender does not matter in the game, and the values are only present in case Blizzard decides to add them later). It is commonly referred to as H/H, which stands for Health/Health. For this BreedID, the base stat is highest in the HP. So, at level 25 and as a rare, it will have 1806 HP 276 attack and 228 speed. Compared to the Balance stat spread above, it should be clear that there is less attack and speed on this one, as the majority of its stat is in the HP.

I hope that makes sense.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » June 2nd, 2013, 5:01 pm

I took the HH or well I was so Lucky to get that as first one. Shit my pants when it cast Haunt, luckily reappeared on my Darkmoon Monkey with 9hp left, dotfree phew :P

Both breeds are shit for speed on valkyr, so you dont want a breed that puts points into that because those points are considered 'wasted'. However the valkyr isnt meant to be speedy, Its meant to endure and be mediocre good at damage. BB offers 5% more dmg, the HH 15% more Health. Health and damage is 2 sides of same story, deal more dmg to reduce a fight by 1 round or have more Health to last another round.

Tier 1 attacks are equal, same stuff just balanced around the hit% and dmg%, you choose your luck :P
Tier 2 curse of doom opener, good dmg for 1 turn, gotta wait 5 rounds thou, HH breed lasts longer, siphon life could be annoying on a full Health pet but overall netgain heal+dmg isnt that high im afraid
Tier 3 offers unholy ascension, only ghost skull from dalaran sewer vendor got this, truly powerful and Unique ability, the awesome thing is you use it on the "im dead round" as a farewell :P Some people would also pre-death sac themselves and apply the curse of doom to get +25% on that. Haunt has 2 bugs according to wowhead last i checked.

HH>BB

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » June 2nd, 2013, 9:23 pm

HH>BB
Now you tell me! :o I upgraded the B/B because I wanted to do a little extra damage. I figured the health pool didn't really matter because I'm using her to just suicide in the Beasts of Fable strat, to get a little extra oomph on the Curse of Doom.

I still have the poor H/H though if I ever get another stone and change my mind.