Stones from PVP

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu
Stones from PVP

Post by Index » May 30th, 2013, 5:21 am

Hi folks,

Has anyone seen any blue stones from PVP today or yesterday? I'm practicing against myself, and all I was getting was the green stones, never saw a blue one yet Mon / Tues I picked up a few blue stones.

Am I just unlucky or has something changed?

Teacake
Pet Score:2717
Realm:Misha-us

Re: Stones from PVP

Post by Teacake » May 30th, 2013, 6:32 am

I got two blue stones last night (Wednesday) from PVP, and I'd never gotten two in one sitting before. So I'd say it was just bad luck.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » May 30th, 2013, 7:10 am

Since 5.3 I've won 90 battles, and I haven't had anything but green stones.

Yellowlab
Top Rater
Pet Score:5566
BattleTag®:Yellowlab#1493
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Yellowlab » May 30th, 2013, 8:14 am

I got a mech stone and about 20 green stones.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » May 30th, 2013, 8:44 am

Hi folks,

so it's looking like pre-maintenance I was just ereally lucky, as I think I got about 6 blue stones, and about 10 greens. Back to the grind. It's sorta odd fighting yourself, as you kinda know how you'll react, but it's fun testing combos that are... different :)

Abyl1
Pet Score:4019
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Abyl1 » May 30th, 2013, 9:35 am

Maybe a dumb question, but is there a purpose to the green stones? I got a few and just banked them for now thinking maybe later we could turn in a bunch for a blue? Really haven't seen the need to upgrade to uncommon...

Apocalyptica
Pet Score:1863
BattleTag®:Apocalyptica#1388
Realm:Shu'halo-us

Post by Apocalyptica » May 30th, 2013, 10:33 am

I've been getting alot more green than blue sadly, and the blue drop rate seems super low (or RNG hates me?)! I have nothing to use the green on... I guess I can just farm pets as I please and not care about the quality to get rid of the greens. I wish they could let us combine 10 to make a flawless or something....

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 31st, 2013, 7:46 am

I came to the forum today because I was curious about other players drop rates for stones

I have 58pvp wins since the patch and around 20 losses(wish they would track that for interest's sake)
and after wins I've 'earned' 5 green polished stones and 7 family stones all from different families) the only family stones that havent dropped for me are undead,critter and dragonkin

I'm guessing it's absolute RNG luck since stones have also dropped for me vs tamers lately and even a porcupette for the 1st time for me

may the rng luck be with you all

Katzbalger
Pet Score:3554
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by Katzbalger » June 1st, 2013, 6:54 pm

I'm not sure of my actual count on stones, since they just get mailed to my dk to store, I do know I've had 2 non-specific stones and quite a few other blue ones of various families. I don't know if maybe the drop rate was a little messed up at first or just a random run of luck for me, but the very first day of 5.3 I was farming direhorns on isle of giants for the runt while queuing PVP and got 8 stones, including one of the any family, from 11/12 wins. Tons of green stones, which I just deleted, that's good news for those of you who're saving them! Typically things I throw away get turned into something worthwhile, so I'll keep deleting all mine and they'll probably add something to do with them just to spite me. :lol:

Invictus
Pet Score:3367
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Invictus » June 1st, 2013, 9:33 pm

Abyl1 wrote:Maybe a dumb question, but is there a purpose to the green stones? I got a few and just banked them for now thinking maybe later we could turn in a bunch for a blue? Really haven't seen the need to upgrade to uncommon...
The green stones are basically worthless. If you use them on a level 15 or higher pet, you will lose two levels, then you will lose two more levels if you upgrade the same pet to rare. Currently there's no place to trade them in for rare stones so they are just a waste of bag space.

Crimsonshade
Pet Score:2396
BattleTag®:Fey#2749
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Crimsonshade » June 3rd, 2013, 2:14 am

I was just clicking into this post to see if you could get stones, and my queue popped. I entered and my opponent forfeited immediately and I received a blue undead battle stone. Guess that answers my question lol

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » June 3rd, 2013, 2:42 am

Tekulve2012 wrote:I have 58pvp wins since the patch and around 20 losses(wish they would track that for interest's sake)
I don't suppose you care to share what teams you're using? I thought they were tracking w/l, so I just peeked in my achievements...interesting that it says I have 2 wins, but I'm at 4 wins for the quest. (Hmmm, maybe I won the first two on a different toon...can't remember, I've been working on this stupid quest since the patch came out)