Longest Day bug - GM's laughlable answer.

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Restofarian
Top Rater
Pet Score:4064
BattleTag®:Restofarian#1262
Realm:Azralon-us
Longest Day bug - GM's laughlable answer.

Post by Restofarian » May 29th, 2013, 11:53 am

Had the same issue with the achievment as everyone else. Only new thing here is the GM's response:

I see here that you are writing to us because you never received your battle stone for completing "The Longest Day".
There is a known issue ocurring at this time where the stone is not being sent to players that have completed the achievement; and we are able to mail the stone IF we can verify a single character earned the achievement

I've checked the records for this specific character, and I don't see her as actually having earned the achievement individually herself (it is an account-wide achievement.
It does appear that your account earned the achievement on the 23rd and 29th, but no character was specified as having earned it.
One character solely needs to have completed the achievement for us to be able to award the battle stone to players; so you will need to try again and do all of the battles on ONE single character only for us to send the stone to you, sorry about this my friend! :(

For the Horde!

Lady Game Master Gwynradaines

Yeah right, Im gonna do it again cuz it's fuuuuuuunnnn. NOT.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Longest Day bug - GM's laughlable answer.

Post by Luciandk » May 29th, 2013, 12:07 pm

Clearly they dont know what they are talking about. Did the whole thing on one char - No Marked stone.

Oskor
Pet Score:7458
BattleTag®:NostraThomas#1360
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Oskor » May 29th, 2013, 12:34 pm

I'd try opening another ticket, or using the "follow up" option on that one.

I did the entire achievement on a single character and did not receive the stone when I finished. It's a known bug.

After opening a ticket, a GM was able to send the stone to my mailbox. (It's still sitting in my bags, because I have no idea what to use it on! :lol: )

So, yeah, try again, and keep trying until you get a GM who can help. Best of luck!

Misstrina
Top Rater
Pet Score:4747
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Misstrina » May 29th, 2013, 12:36 pm

I did all mine on one toon, when i asked a gm for my stone,, He gave me the typical cookie cutter response. So bad in fact that he forgot to replace the guys name before me half was through the paragraph..XD It was originally addressed to me, but the rest kept mentioning another guys name haha. GG blizz.GG, but i did get my stone so im not too upset.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » May 29th, 2013, 1:57 pm

I sure hope they don't stick to that decision. I completed the achievement but used multiple characters because I have a couple alts parked by a couple of the battle masters. I haven't bothered to petition yet but I guess I should. I'm not sure if I would actually bother to redo the achievement on one character if that is the only way to get the stone.

Mantrhax
Top Rater
Pet Score:4076
BattleTag®:Mantrhax#1413
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Mantrhax » May 29th, 2013, 2:14 pm

I did this long time ago, not really, but i did :) and didnt get the stone , soh i opened a ticket and in the same day i got the stone sent to me by mail and a nice answer from the gm.

well, looks like there are good and bad GM's ..

Klunketh
Pet Score:2429
Realm:Al'Akir-eu

Post by Klunketh » May 29th, 2013, 2:29 pm

i finished it first day, opened a ticket, and got my stone beginning of this week

Valielina
Top Rater

Post by Valielina » May 29th, 2013, 3:38 pm

Wait a minute, they are mailing them out if you open a ticket??? I opened one immediately and all I got back was a generic 'Yes we are aware there is a problem with the reward not being received properly. I can confirm you have in fact completed the achievement. We are working on it...thanks'. I guess I have to open another ticket. Yay, another 2 day wait.

Clatong
Top Rater
Pet Score:3620
BattleTag®:clatong#1432
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Clatong » May 29th, 2013, 3:59 pm

I did it on multiple (4) characters on 5/26 and immediately opened a ticket after completing the achievement.

Within 24 hours I had a very nice response from a GM, and a stone in the mail on my main.

It's unfortunate that we're at the mercy of the particular GM that gets our tickets.

Restofarian
Top Rater

Post by Restofarian » May 29th, 2013, 5:36 pm

Wrote a reply to that first ticket and got the same answer with different words. Replying again and linking this tread.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » May 30th, 2013, 11:09 pm

I linked this thread to a GM and they just sent me the stone.

Sci
Top Rater
Pet Score:7805
BattleTag®:Sci#1772
Realm:Warsong-us

Post by Sci » May 30th, 2013, 11:24 pm

I did all but one of the quests on the same toon and did not get the stone. Opened one ticket and got my stone mailed to me around a day later. The GMs not giving them clearly don't know what they are talking about. Earning the achievement does not require it all be done on one toon so neither should the reward. Though I don't find it unimaginable that it might confuse the game system and be the root of this glitch but it is clearly a glitch.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » May 31st, 2013, 12:40 am

I used multiple alts to do the achievement (which I did the same day the patch went live). I even did both the (horde side) Kalimdor and (alliance side) Eastern Kingdoms quests. I did not get my stone. I immediately sent in a ticket and got a canned response.

When I heard this morning that they were mailing the stones to people who opened tickets, I reopened mine and got the stone in the mail a few hours later (sent to the character who had done the last few Pandaria quests).

So no, you certainly do NOT have to do it all on one character.

Grifter
Pet Score:2869
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Grifter » May 31st, 2013, 8:50 am

I used 2 alts for the longest day. I did it on the first day the patch went life and didn't get my stone. Yesterday I wrote a ticket and one hour ago I did get the message that the GM can see I've got the achievment but got no stone, so he send it with the ingame mail to the alt that wrote the ticket.

Shailaigh
Pet Score:3670
Realm:Cho'gall-us

Post by Shailaigh » May 31st, 2013, 9:14 am

Wow...I put in a ticket after having completed the achievement using about 5 toons on 2 separate servers. I had my stone in the mailbox about 24 hours later with nice response hoping that I put the stone to good use.

I would think they'd all have the same rule book. :b

I should add that I completed the achievement on a toon on Malfurion, and submitted the ticket with one on Cho'gall. In my ticket I mentioned the toon that the achievement dinged on, and that is the one who received the item.

Waveryn
Pet Score:13667
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Waveryn » June 2nd, 2013, 7:23 am

Holy Cow Blizzard for real????? This long reply and no stone while others got the stone, if your gonna make me read a book at least give me the stone, I did it all on my main only.

Hey there!

Game Master Zylotrix here. I hope this message finds you doing well.

I'm truly sorry for any trouble this has caused you thusfar. I totally understand how frustrating it is when things won't cooperate when you just want to play! You're not asking for much right? Just smooth sailing. We totally agree! With that said, I want to thank you for being so cool about this and hanging in there with us.

The good news is that the process all starts with players like you taking the time to let us know about these odd issues! With that being said, I wanted to personally give you a heartfelt thanks for looking out for the game world and the community. At this point you’re probably wondering “Well that’s all super cool and awesome, but what does this mean for me now?” Read on!

Basically, once we get a report like this we (Game Masters) send a report to our Quality Assurance (QA) guys on your behalf, which will then go right up the chain to our developers so that they can begin the process of troubleshooting the bug and then laying out the groundwork for a fix that will likely come in a later patch. Because we can't give an estimated time as to when the developers can fix an issue like this, I recommend keeping an eye on the forums where any and all updates regarding the issue will be posted. You can find them here: <http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/>

For any bugs you may encounter in the future, the fastest and most efficient way to let us know would be to use the newly implemented 1-click report feature. Just click on the red question mark on your bar and then click "Submit Bug." This will go directly to the developers and contain specific game information on where you submitted the bug from, what stats your character had, etc. Basically it makes QA’s life much easier and therefore you’re likely to get a more quick fix for the bug you’re reporting (win-win situation!)

Thank you again for being one of the heroes to step up and get this type of information up to us to tackle; you have no idea how much of a help it is! Other than that, get back out there and score yourself some epic loot and legendary adventures!

To close out this ticket, simply press Message Read, and this will send you off to continue your journeys. If there's anything we can do for you in the future, don't be shy! :)

Best wishes,

Game Master Zylotrix
Blizzard Entertainment
Wave

Peggysand
Pet Score:3265
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Peggysand » June 3rd, 2013, 11:18 am

I completed this achievement on my Alliance for most of it (and all of the Eastern Kingdom pet masters) and then switched to my Horde toon and finished up a few in Pandaria. I never did all of the Kalimdor pet masters. When I did my last one in Pandaria, I received my achievement, but no stone. I opened a ticked and a day or two later, was whispered in game by a GM. We spoke briefly and he said it was a known issue, but not to worry since my stone had been sent to my mailbox. I told him that one stone for all those pet battles seemed pretty useless. He did the "ha ha" thing, and that was the end of it. My stone was in my mailbox, even though I did some, but not all of the pet masters in Kalimdor on my horde player. It seems so strange that there have been so many different replies by Blizzard....maybe they should send a memo out so they are all on the same page. Good Luck everyone!!

Restofarian
Top Rater

Post by Restofarian » June 3rd, 2013, 11:27 am

Took me 4 tickets to get the stone. Last one I just linked mumper's tweet and wrote "hands down". then finally got the stone. Lame on their part. hope they fix this soon.

Cheers

Cpudude30k
Pet Score:828
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Cpudude30k » June 3rd, 2013, 6:05 pm

I'm pretty sure its also a bug that it keeps tracking your progress even though its been more than a day since you started