Share pet collecting news and advice.
Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us
Tiny Carp Values?

Post by Opallena » May 27th, 2013, 9:52 pm

Was just wondering what the average values are for the individual carps; I'd like to trade an extra white i have, but unsure on what the value is as not many are up on Auction Houses yet.

Ladymagical
Pet Score:3368
BattleTag®:emetia#1311
Realm:Barthilas-us

Re: Tiny Carp Values?

Post by Ladymagical » May 27th, 2013, 10:30 pm

I traded a some away the other day and was able to get 2 of the new raid pets for it if that helps you... on my realm they sell for on average about 10k for white, 15k for red, 10k for blue and 8k for green

Chrth
Pet Score:5078
BattleTag®:Chrth#1939
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Chrth » May 28th, 2013, 7:19 am

The realms I'm on have them at right around the 10k mark, but there's been so few I'm not sure people know what to sell them for.
I honestly don't think it's worth buying one for more than 2k, and I'm more inclined to fish in the daily berserk spawn spot regardless of potential carp color and trade for ones I'm missing (altho the availability of trade partners will depend on the server(s) you're on). Then again, I enjoy fishing so I don't mind spending time trying to get one. Others who are disinclined to fish may be willing to spend more.
Quick and Dirty Primer to Raiding With Leashes II:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4129

Chess Event Strategy/Discussion:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4168

Mystical
Pet Score:6048
BattleTag®:Mystical#11881
Realm:Ragnaros-us

Post by Mystical » May 28th, 2013, 7:46 am

I've traded a RWL2 pet for a carp... 1:1
And a full set of pandacoons for my other carp 3:1

Imeagle
Pet Score:2847
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Imeagle » May 28th, 2013, 7:50 am

On ER they're at 10k for the white and green. Somebody upgraded one to rare and posted it for 25k. I only just started seeing the carp pop up in the AH over the weekend which surprised me, I was expecting a ton of them to be posted instead of just 2.

Even though these are really hard to get I'm thinking 10k is a little high, what's everybody else's opinion?

Thanks! -Eagle

Threnody
Pet Score:3078
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Threnody » May 28th, 2013, 7:51 am

On my medium-pop server, I'm not surprised when I see carps of any color posted for around 20k. On my alt's high-pop server, the prices are close to what Ladymagical said.

As always, the value of an item is what the buyer is willing to pay for it. I was more than willing to pay around 7k each for 2 of my carps as I loathe fishing.

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » May 28th, 2013, 10:10 am

Imeagle wrote:On ER they're at 10k for the white and green. Somebody upgraded one to rare and posted it for 25k. I only just started seeing the carp pop up in the AH over the weekend which surprised me, I was expecting a ton of them to be posted instead of just 2.

Even though these are really hard to get I'm thinking 10k is a little high, what's everybody else's opinion?

Thanks! -Eagle
The carps start out at rare, you don't have to upgrade them. thanks for the responses guys, now i know what do expect when trading one! i myself value them about 10k as well due to how annoying they can be to fish up, seeing as they didnt buff the drop rate at all.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » May 28th, 2013, 10:11 am

The market is artificially flooded right now, because the carps were BoP for all of 5.2, and anybody who got one unintentionally had to hold onto it. Most of those people became sellers this past week, so there was a relatively large initial supply. But after those initial carps are bought up, the supply is not necessarily going to remain steady. There's nothing special to fish for this patch, so there's nothing really driving people to fish other than fish feast mats and boredom. Green and to a lesser extent White and Blue come from pools of high-value fish, so there's more of those and they'll continue to be fished up at some low rate. Red on the other hand comes from worthless Spinefish pools--nobody is going to fish these unless they're looking for a Red Carp, so after the current supply dries up I would not expect to see many of these on AH at all.

The bright side is that the audience for carps is very limited: it's basically just us collectors. So it won't take a large supply to satisfy demand: if your AH still has multiple of Green/White/Blue, I think it's safe to wait for prices to settle on those. But I would not pass up a Red if you saw it at a price you can swallow.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » May 28th, 2013, 7:04 pm

A fisherman traded me red, blue and green carp for 3x cheapo tcg pets. I jumped at it. He had white too, but I already got that one.

Imeagle

Post by Imeagle » May 28th, 2013, 9:15 pm

Opallena wrote: The carps start out at rare, you don't have to upgrade them. thanks for the responses guys, now i know what do expect when trading one! i myself value them about 10k as well due to how annoying they can be to fish up, seeing as they didnt buff the drop rate at all.
Hmmm, then I wonder why some show up on the AH as white and some as blue? The "white" ones are 10k and the "blues" ones are 25k.

Ladymagical
Pet Score:3368
BattleTag®:emetia#1311
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Ladymagical » May 28th, 2013, 10:03 pm

The white ones are the unlearned version which has now also been made boe

Imeagle

Post by Imeagle » May 28th, 2013, 10:49 pm

Ladymagical wrote:The white ones are the unlearned version which has now also been made boe
Thank you :)

Imeagle

Post by Imeagle » June 6th, 2013, 7:59 am

You may want to check the carp prices on your servers, I noticed on a couple of servers that the prices are dropping. And I got lucky and I was able to get green one for 5k yesterday.

Grifter
Pet Score:2869
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Grifter » June 6th, 2013, 8:51 am

I just bought a green one for 2099 gold. :) There are plenty of green carps in the ah on my server, but strangely not one of the other carps. :(