Raising from Rare

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Hautecouture
Pet Score:2261
Realm:Zul'jin-us
Raising from Rare

Post by Hautecouture » May 27th, 2013, 1:46 pm

I just noted this on another thread and it leaves me confused:

People were saying it's a waste of time to turn a low-level uncommon pet to rare, when you can just capture higher level pets and then turn them (by stone)

I understood however that being rare meant they gained more value with every level up. If that's true than wouldn't mean a pet leveled as rare from the ground up - would have much better stats @ 25. Then one that was leveled as uncommon and then upgraded by stone at say 23 and then leveled to 25?

or do I have this all wrong

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Re: Raising from Rare

Post by Dakaf » May 27th, 2013, 1:51 pm

A rare that was captured at 24 will have same stats as one captured at level 1, same is true if you stone any of them to make it rare at any level. They all have the same stats (within species/breed) at 25.

Good luck and happy hunting!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Hautecouture
Pet Score:2261
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Hautecouture » May 27th, 2013, 2:01 pm

Awesome, thanks for clarifying! Saved me a lot of time.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » May 28th, 2013, 3:16 pm

Hautecouture wrote:I just noted this on another thread and it leaves me confused:
People were saying it's a waste of time to turn a low-level uncommon pet to rare, when you can just capture higher level pets and then turn them (by stone)
As the poster above me mentioned, the ultimate stats at 25 will be the same whether you raise a level 1 or a level 24. If it were otherwise, then catching high level pets would put you at a disadvantage.

Which brings me to the next point. What you read assumes that there's a higher level version available, either with that move set or of that exact type.

While most areas will have a small spread of levels (2 or 3), there are some pets that are simply unique to an area, or that there is only one version of. Of course, there's others (like squirrels), which you'll see across all level ranges.

Lastly, there's breed to consider. If you pay attention to breeds, and if you have a good supply of stones, then finding the breed that you want for a particular pet trumps level and quality. As long as it will have the stats that you want at 25. (as long as the bug where sometimes a pet will change breed when stoned is no longer around)